Posts by piotrmaj

OneEng1 I totally get your line of thought and generally it is very rational and logical, by "modern economy" standards (where growth and profit is the ultimate goal). However it requires one more factor: CK would need to _want_ to do it. Kemper is on the market for many years and I'm pretty sure that if CK was thinking like you outlined he'd not deliver Stage but something like above described Mini. They can do this any time, to be honest (and I'd buy one for sure!). But not all companies are constantly chasing growth and expansion, fortunately. Some companies, especially privately owned, just want to stay small, are fine with what they have, like to have great relationship with customers, as long as they can make a decent living out of it and have fun while doing so. Kemper had at least 4 - 5 years to create killer, low cost, made in far east, mass-produced unit which would bring them fat $$$, but they didn't do so. So to me it looks like as long as don't have to, they just don't want to do it, and they don't care about having even more $$$ as much. Their goals and values seem to be different. And this is fine and actually quite admirable.

The switches on stage look to me like the same ones that are used on Remote. I'm personally blown away by quality of Stage. All rotary encoders are from awesome looking and feeling metal. It can also shine as Christmas tree, but fortunately you can control intensity / hue of many LEDs and display.

This probably won't be very helpful, but I went through exactly the same exercise not so long ago and pretty much came to the same conclusions. Working with just dry signal + plugin set up to roughly similar tone seems to the easiest way and once everything is ready then re-amp using Kemper to render final tracks. This is especially useful for double-tracking, I learned - when recording multiple takes, mixing and matching, aligning copying and pasting.. Overall keeping in sync dry and wet chunks of audio is a nightmare - or at least it requires total discipline, which take fun-factor away from the whole creative process (at least for me).

I'm able to fit head and remote into official bag without any issues. I have unpowered head so can even stick expression pedal behind Toaster.

I personally think it looks great and classy. And to be honest it resembles more a fancy cooler for Bud light (oops, I'm sorry, for Franziskaner Weissbier) rather than a gigbag. :)

Kemper also freezes if there are too many MIDI messages sent to it in quick succession. I experienced such behavior when I had MIDI-chase turned on in Logic and was manually moving playhead. So, if you have Kemper connected via MIDI better turn off MIDI-chase in you DAW.

Loading / previewing rigs without USB cable and Rig Manager is a bit sad experience. Especially with Stage which stays on the floor... I totally agree that USB cable should be part of the package. Costs pennies and would improve initial experience. Unboxing new high end toy only to realize that you have to go to the store and get a cable to fully use it is a bummer.

Only you can answer these questions ;)

I tried Fractal, Amplifire and while I managed to dial in sound I liked, the "feel" of these modelers was for right for me. Kemper not only sounds good to my ears but also feels right, which probably even harder to explain - this is my personal experience, and I know there are many people that feel exactly the opposite, and it is OK ;)

The good thing is: in a few days you'll know if Kemper is for you or not.

It should be partially possible to achieve with built-in looper. Of course you could have just one loop - you'd still have to play solo part.

when slot is active, long press pops up Copy&Paste menu. So possible states, when you start from inactive slot are:

1. Short press: toggle slot on/off

2. Long press: slot menu

3. When in slot menu: long press activates copy&paste.

BTW, this works in all profilers, it is not Stage-specific.

Profiler is not that complicated. Just go over system/rig/input/output sections, page by page with Manual at hand, understanding what each option is doing and after 30 minutes you'll know profiler fairly well.

If you still want to reset everything to factory state, you can still keep the profiles: use Rig Manager software to copy them out to your computer, perform reset, and copy profiles back. This would work, but you'll probably gain more just by devoting these 30 minutes to learning how Profiler works and adjusting it for your needs, if necessary.

yes, profile is a snapshot of particular settings of an amp and particular cab and particular mic. That's why typically profile vendors offer packs containing many different settings (typically they vary in gain settings, cab and mic used). You can also swap some parts of profiles for another (like cab portion can be replaced with any IR).