Posts by piotrmaj

I have similar experience with performance management via RM and I already sent a detailed description with screenshots to support. However we should not assume that you're hitting the same issue - so you should report your findings to support as well.

piotrmaj works fine for us, BUT again - contact support, let's see what we find. the simple truth is: everything we can replicate, we can fix. all the other things are well, difficult.

I must have been doing something wrong, then. I'll spend some more time with it today in the afternoon and will try find out what it was.

Edit: Actually I sent yesterday two bug reports to support describing issues with renaming a rig which is currently being previewed and the second one where performance becomes a complete mess after just a few copy/paste operations. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Same experience here, unfortunately - so far, RM3 is only good at browsing presets for me - every time I tried to manage performances it ended up bad (especially third point on your list is particularly painful - slots being reverted to original values, even after hitting "Store in Performance" button).

I didn't see anything in changelog recently that would indicate any change for better.

The reason why creating "out of bound" folders is dangerous is that it works now with this specific version of RM and relies on current implementation details (where there are physical folders with sqlite database inside) which might be subject to change. In the future there might be different, simpler, less error prone, more robust, you name it solution implemented, for example a single database with no physical folders at all, and your instructions won't be valid anymore. So every time you touch implementation details - you're on your own and you should not encourage others to do so, and especially after manual tinkering with files you should not complain that something is not working as expected.

Although I understand your frustration very well because RM is lacking some basic functionality (after all, importing a hierarchy of folders is really not that much different than importing a single file from programming stand point and could probably be added in a matter of hours).

Similar experience here. RM3 is great for browsing rigs and tweaking, though. Performance management is totally messed up and endless source of frustration for me so I gave up on it as well and I'm using the Toaster for this in meantime (while still waiting for more mature version of RM).

You can't organise / rearrange / remove them safely other than in RM, mate, so it's best to let the app take care of this. This is why there's no mention of it in the manual.

Yes, you can! :evil:

That's how I recently fixed my folders because latest RM doesn't want to rename folders for me. Of course, I don't recommend doing it, if you are not sure what you are actually doing. Or at least make backup first and don't touch sqlite databases or change folder structure while RM is running.

I totally agree - file management sucks in RM. Ability to import hierarchy of folders seems like a P1 feature from usability PoV. Especially that many commercial profiles are sold in packs organized in folder(s) and importing them in organized manner is a PITA. I'd add to it:

- Drag and Drop to rearrange folders in RM

- Reliable rename (I have one folder called "Test" which I can't rename, no matter what)

My experience with Rig Manager is very mixed. Works most of the time and when it does it is fantastic. But there are serious bugs present so I wouldn't rely on it if you are touring (heh, so actually maybe quarantine time might be a good time to try it out - make backups though :) - in fact I was not connecting Kemper to RM before last gig - was afraid it would do something nasty. Issues are of various magnitude ranging from renaming subfolder when you were actually renaming parent folder (this is reproducible on macOS), through things not being saved properly / reverted on its own in Performances, to crashes of Kemper unit itself (happened to me twice already - filed a support ticket).

I ended up editing Performances in editor but saving them using Toaster's Store button (because I completely lost faith that RM can do it always the way I expect it: and my expectation are very low TBH - I want to press "Store in Performance" and expect thing to be stored and never reverted behind my back :-).

The worst thing is that some of these issues are not reproducible at will, so it looks like RM loses sync with Kemper, or it not keeping track of its own internal state correctly from time to time and things go haywire. It leaks memory too.

So overall: it is the best editor we have and the functionality is there. But yeah, I wish it was more reliable at its most important function - saving performances, I wish it could detect panicked Toaster are react accordingly. I'm confident it will get better over time.

This is how it looked like. But I stopped doing that because it was 12U full of stuff and was too heavy for me - I could not lift it by myself, and loading/unloading it to/from the trunk was a royal PITA. Nowadays I have 6U case with mixer and radios for in ear / wireless and i carry Kemper separately in the bag. 6U is still heavy but at least is manageable.