Posts by piotrmaj

If i can help with this, let me know. ;)

Same here, I enjoy your profiles very much - if you'd like me to sort some subset (like pick my top 10 from maybe not hundreds, but a few dozens :-) ) I definitely can do it.

I don't use Live with Kemper, but the way I set up my projects in Logic is as follows: I place start of the song on bar 6 or later. This gives me 6 bars to put Kemper and friend's Axe FX in state I want them to be, load light show to DMX controller (I use midi sysex for that, too). Having this space in front gives me opportunity to space everything out without causing flood of midi messages. I use MIDI chase feature on rehearsals, but disable it for shows - it caused me troubles in the past with Toaster.

You can send many events in quick succession, if needed - just separate them with a few ticks (each MIDI event has position: bar, beat, division and tick - even one or two ticks of separation should do the trick).

You can achieve what you want using any of previously mentioned methods, but in my opinion CC7 is the way to go, if you're automating from DAW (or hardware midi sequencer). It doesn't pollute your rigs with dummy slots and your automation lane responsible for volume in DAW will be called... well, you guessed it: Volume :-) Nice, simple and effective. If you need "manual override" then dummy slot in each rid with -inf volume sounds like reasonable idea (although in this case I'd prefer to just have volume/expression pedal).

I'm automating CC7, and at the end of song, after it fades away I turn volume off on guitar and send another CC7 to set volume back to 127 (I keep global volume at 0dB, so I always return to CC7=127). This way next song in set is good to go and KPA doesn't stay muted.

Between songs I typically turn volume down on guitar itself and also I have pretty aggressive noise gate set - so no MIDI is involved in this part.

I think he refined a little too long. But he is trying to be accurate.. and he was actually much more impressed with his Kemper

The end result was not ideal and I believe it could be tweaked quite easily to match the amp. But at least it was not miles away like in first video - the character of the amp was captured correctly, unlike in first video. I think his video makes it very apparent what are users struggles and expectations from these kinds of devices - too many options makes profiling harder, error prone and feels like "work", not "magic". QC showed that this process can be much simpler and KPA should have an easier, more automated way to profile, IMHO. Jarrod did great job with this video.

Its so surprising Jarrod doesn't Refine too, because his Profiles come out sounding Killer! Lol

I like his profiles, too. Which doesn't mean that they are close to the real thing - we just don't have a reference (and they probably are not even close if he's doing profiling like shown in this video). But it doesn't matter at all - his profiles sound great and are fun to play. However this video is a bit unfortunate - whatever Jarrod could do to screw up this comparison, he did (using different overdrives, lack of refining). Whoever will bumps into his video as a first movie comparing the two units will be under impression that QC is awesome (got the sound almost spot on) and Kemper sucks at profiling (was not even close to real amp). This is simply not true - both units excel at it, for what I can hear, but one requires more patience and work. Skipping refining / or insufficient refining seems to be the most common sin of youtubers. Guidorist showed exactly what to do to correctly profile an amp - there is absolutely no excuse at this point for not doing it.

You could also use Midi Monitor https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/ to sniff the wire and see what is really going on and what messages and in what quantity are being sent to Kemper. I'm using MIDI with Remote all the time - no issues. The issues (hangs) only arise when too many MIDI messages are sent to Kemper and its CPU can't keep up with them. This Midi Monitor help me many times to figure out what is the source of problems.

7. Naming presets - again... touchscreen makes this a piece of piss. Both the Helix and the Kemper are way more annoying to use. Kemper is more annoying than the Helix in this respect. In fact, the Kemper user experience is from stone age compared to both units.

For a change I really like KPA's arcade style of naming present. Reminds me of editing "high score" entries in games I played in late '80. :)

Hej,

taki pomysł mi przyszedł do głowy, żeby może zorganizować wirtualne spotkanie (zoom?, skype?) kemperowców, gdzie moglibyśmy, każdy przy swoim ulubionym trunku, pogadać o sprzęcie, makrofagach i życiu. Wiem, że istnieje ryzyko, że będzie to spotkanie nudne do bólu, bo wszyscy mamy taki sam sprzęt, ale kto wie?

Byłby ktoś zainteresowany?

Most sellers publish demos and offer some free samples but overall I'd say it is kind of a gamble and a matter of personal taste. For basic stuff you can easily get away with just factory profiles (they are very good and included in price of Profiler) and Rig Exchange - where there are thousands of profiles (with enough patience you'll find there what you need for free).

you can add a comment, but comment doesn't solve the issue. Imagine this:

1) you pick a rig and record awesome tune

2) you write down a note with rig name

3) you started goofing around in RM and you modified a preset used in 1)

4) after some time you continue working on the tune and would like to use the same rig (you have its name, after all)

5) BOOM - it doesn't sound the same because you edited it in 2)

This plugin would allow you to go back in time and get the same exact rig you used in the first place. It is real value.