Posts by Elido Jimenez

I think that's highly unlikely. It's a digital device, where the processing is same across devices.

I tend to think not. The reason is because I went through the same growing pains with my Kemper, thinking wtf. It just turned out to be total ignorance on my part. After some time with the unit I have been able to coax out the best tones of my life personally. One piece of advice I will offer though that made a difference for me is to not go wild with the EQ. For me personally a fraction of a fraction of a turn on any of those knobs makes a big difference. The difference between THE tone and a tone you don't like can be very subtle in my opinion.

So I ended up gravitating towards 4 picks. The Dunlop max grip, the Ultex sharps, Dunlop tortex Jazz XL, and V-Pick Euro. I keep them on my music stand and when one gets sweaty I swap it for another pick and go round and round during my practice sessions. I find that every time I swap for the Dunlop Max grip Carbon Fiber that my playing gets and sounds better than with any of the others picks. So for right now that’s my pick of choice. I think I will revisit this quest in another year or so and see how I feel about other, more expensive options, like blue chip and gravity picks.

Agreed. Can't go wrong with taking it to a reputable tech.

I Dont know. I have a PRS Tremonti and have not had to tune a single string in literally weeks; which I find amazing because that was never the case with any of my other guitars, not even close. I have had Jacksons, Ibanez, and taylors. They all required daily tuning. My PRS holds it together like a champ though. This has also helped me ears a lot too.

So I gave the Dunlop Max Grip Carbon fibers another chance and i kind of love them right now. Tone is smooth, very comfortable, and stiff but not thick. It is a small pick though so i dont think it is for everyone. I do have a V pick on the way though and i am excited to try it. I order the Euro II. Will keep you posted.

All you ask for (if you get used to the smaller size): Dunlop Max Grip Jazz III Carbon Fiber!I have been through them ALL (mostly :) ); but this is the holy grail of picks. Detailed sound, long lasting, stiff and fast, best grip you can get on the market. You get used to the smaller size very easy - for me it was a game changer, really.

Yes! Max Grip Carbon Fiber are awesome too! I like them for sounds with more gain and keep the Ultex version when I want more lows. The carbon fiber gives me more mids and the Ultex lows and bite.

Well I ended up ordering the Dunlop Max grip carbon fibers which are like tiny jazz picks. They are far too small for me. I used to use jazz picks but migrated to larger picks and I can’t seem to go back. I also ordered the large max grip picks which arrived today but I did not get a chance to use them yet. I will report back once I do, hopefully tomorrow morning. If I end up not liking them then I will move onto Gravity picks next. I would comment on the tone of the Carbon fibers but I didn’t even use them long enough to form an opinion.

Hey Everyone,

Had anybody come across any solid Friedman profiles? I have been itching to mess around with one but I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of a good one before i go out and spend money.

Do you find that the Blue chips slide around in your fingers a lot? This is an issue I have always had and bugs the hell out of me. I don't drop picks but man do the spin around and shift between my fingers.

Hey Guys,

What picks do you all use? I am currently swapping out between Tortex 1.5 and Ultex 1.5, but I think I want to try V-Picks. Anybody have experience with those at all? I like a good stiff pick with something to help me grip it better. I am curious to see what kind f pick everyone else is using, might be a revelation for some.

Not sure what that has to do with this awesomely educational thread. Please take it somewhere else. Some of us are trying to learn. ( Not how to stick our foot in our mouths mind you.)

Okay, Thanks for your help. I did what you said and turned the cabinet off on the front of the unit and this did achieve the sound i was looking for in stereo. After playing with it for a while though i realized i did not like the sound of it. That fuzz on the high end is prominent. I am very happy with my setup now s thanks a bunch.

It does not sound like crap, you are correct. What I am experiencing with the tone is that the direct and main outputs, sound muffled compared to the monitor output with the cab turned off. With the cab turned on they sound the same, but I much prefer the sound of the monitor out with the cab off. What I have determined is that I do not get a signal from my aux through the direct output. I only get a signal from the main outs and the monitor out which I don’t get, but I am starting to feel it was designed this way.
    Thanks for trying to help me

I presume that you have correctly set the output (monitor out as main left and the direct out as main right) and you have set the aux in--->main to an appropriate level, isn't it?

Yes. I will say that while messing with the aux in->headphones this actually controls the volume level of the monitors. If i set headphones to zero and play with the main volume i get nothing. Thanks.

I guess, you can mix Aux In with separate controls into HEADPHONE OUT, MAIN OUT and MONITOR OUT, not DIRECT OUT. Why don't you connect your monitor speakers to the MAIN OUT and perhaps even via XLR?

If i plug my monitors to main out they sound like crap compared to the way i have it now. Thanks for your help.

Hey guys, thanks in advance. So I have been able to get my mp3s from my phone to work in stereo through my headphones. However, I purchased a pair of Yamaha HS8 and I would like to do the same through the monitors. At the moment I am only getting MP3 sound from the left monitor and my guitar sound through both. Monitors are plugged to direct out and monitor out, my aux is plugged into alternative input and return input.

Might be worth mentioning that in this configuration my guitar sounds awesome but I can't jam the way I would like to. If I plug my monitors to the main outputs I get my aux in stereo but my guitar tone turns into garbage.

Again, thanks.