Posts by OzeroniX

Hello,

I had a very nice VoxAC30 C2 that was going to be used at a session I was tracking guitar at. So I grabbed the Townsend Lab Sphere and did 16 quick profiles with it.

I switched between a few different mics that sounded good for the song parts. I was using tones that were relevant to the recording we were doing, so there are no smoking hot profiles in this pack, just varying levels of clean to grit. I think 12 and 14 are my favorite of this batch. Profiles were made using a custom shop 50th anniversary strat.

(in rig manager under my name or VOXAC30-01-VOXAC30-16

Enjoy!

OzeroniX

Consider that you are moving the bass guitar in the wrong direction. Boost the lows and place it below the kick. Maybe at around 50hz for the bass.

Also consider scooping the low freq out of your guitars. Like below 500hz.

When there are not defined regions that each instrument sits in, a mix can get muddy.

Additionally after everything is gelling, don't be afraid to mix wide. Let the vocals, bass, and kick occupy the center. Let the guitars spread out.

It may help. I've learned to handle these things at the source nowadays so that i dont have to adjust much in mix, but depending on the recordings you may need to eq everything a lot. Don't be afraid to consider that things can sound like shit solo'd, but excellent in context with the mix.

I couldn't agree more.

Songs just flow out as a result of the ease of the Kemper work flow.

Get what you want when you want it the way you want it.

I'm a permanent supporter of Kemper and attempt to explain to every serious guitarist, bassist, or studio engineer that I encounter.

It's like having the history of guitar amps in a box. Magic.

Congratulations on a great purchase! Welcome to the forum.

One of my favorite parts about the Kemper is when you settle on a rig and want to record that sound, it's super easy.

Also, don't be timid about profiling everything you can get your hands on. When you are doing the profile you can fine tune it to exactly your gear. It's really nice.

It takes some practice to get the hang of, but it's totally worth digging completely into the Kemper. It's a genius piece of gear that's changed my entire studio and recording strategy as well as my songwriting.

Bass Players!!

I just uploaded 14 SVT Pro Rigs.

I used a Fender Jazz 5 String

The goal was dialing in and snapshotting that classic SVT bass sound.

I used the UAD SVT Pro unison into the Kemper with various mic and cabs.

Hope you like em, more to come soon!

OzeroniX

I just uploaded a bunch of gritty VH4 rigs onto the rig exchange.

I made these with the help of UAD Apollo and unison emulation of the VH4 into the Kemper.

This was done with a Les Paul Jr type with Kinman P90s.

Hope you guys like them, lots more on the way.

Just search "OzeroniX" as author.

(I messed up the tags thinking I could edit them in RE later, so it says UAD Plexi and VH4/VH4)

Oh man, I hate that so much. I've had stuff stolen, it's completely soul sucking and disheartening.

Hopefully your insurance covers it.

Either way, it's a violation no musician should have to deal with.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Hopefully you get it replaced soon.

So I just realized that Rig Exchange isn't accepting the new krig format yet, so I'm zipping it and adding it here.

For anyone that is playing with the new beta, I made this on os 7.1.19.

Pretty sure non-beta still only uses .kipr format, but I could be wrong on that.

This is a direct bass rig I made by running the Kemper through my UAD Apollo signal chain for tracking bass on a song.

So it has the Neve 1073 on the input to

the Pultec Pro for a touch of the "low end trick" (+4 db @100 -4db@100)

to the Oxide Tape for some saturation.

I'll record like this direct sometimes, so I wanted to see how the Kemper would interpret this.

I set some eq options rather wide on the so that the Kemper EQ can be used to reduce frequencies, rather than add them.

Then the kemper compressor can grab it all and complete the low end trick.

It seems to work for me, but I'd love some feedback.

Please let me know if it doesn't work for your rig for some reason, I used a Fender 5 string Jazz Bass direct in to the Apollo.

I'm still experimenting with profiling this way, so hopefully I'll have some other useful tools soon.

-OzeroniX

Bass1073toTape.zip

I've found it very much depends on the profile.

When I run into the power section of my tube amp and shut off the cab, I get varied results as well. Some JTM profiles are amazing this way. Never really clean, but a nice easy bite.

Thank for the new profiles!

I saw that too. I just turned the amp output down and turned the volume up 3db and it sounds really good.

Lots of low mid articulation on my setup.

Really nice with the neck pickup. (using Kinman P90buckers)