Posts by Duderino

Thank you Wheresthedug !

Another question regarding profiles... I've seen punch of times on YouTube how people used a few mics to make a studio profile. They just combined the mics in a mixer and then send one out to the Kemper Return in. Did somebody try to use a Palmer PDI 09 (passive cab simulator), the clean DI signal and one or two mics ? Does this make sense or is it just too much work for not enough outcome ?

Hey... I'm new to Kemper and I would like to profile my Peavey 6505. I know there is a lot of profiles out there but what I already learned is that it sounds the best when I actually profile my sound incl gain and eq instead of tweaking some other Peavey profile.

No my question... I wanna make a direct profile and don't really know how to start. Its so easy to find tutorials how to make a studio profile but I didn't find anything usable for direct profiles (I assume the majority of the people don't wanna use real cabs on stage anymore). However... how the best way to get the best possible result for a direct profile ?

I was thinking to use a passive DI box between the speaker output of the Peavey 6505 and the cabinet and from there back into the return input, this way I get at least the direct amp signal. Now, how to I make sure the profile sounds the same with a cabinet ? Do you have to listen to the direct signal and compare this to the Kemper signal (soft buttons "Kemper amp" & "Refernce Amp") ?

My goal is that I don't have to carry my Peavey amp anymore but I still wanna use the cabinet as normal. My FOH likes to mix the Kemper sound with the cabinet.

I would really appreciate any help in this case. Thank you.