Posts by aleksivii

Interested on trying this pack, but i’m little hesitant about the name. Have you guys tried these profiles thru FRFR or full PA to make sure these work for live or is the ”live ready” just a name? I only use kemper live and there are no actual live ready profiles out there, as far as i know.

Ofc you can eq the hell out of a studio profile to kinda make it work. Would love to find a good high gain profile that doesn’t need 3-4 eq’s or pure cabinet to kill the actual tone and make it usable for live. Just wondering before i buy.

Also are these all studio Profiles? Is the any merged/direct ones on the pack? Didn’t find any info on the site. Thanks!

I had the same issue with my dxr12. Sound was ok but very thin and digital-like. I found that messing with the main-out/monitor eq's solved the problem. I boosted everything on there which fattened my tone very nicely. Also taking the global pure cabinet out completely got rid of the digital feel and sound. Extremely happy with it now, much better results compared to my old setup with matrix poweramp and zilla 2x12.

I play in a metal band that tunes extremely low, so not sure if this helps you at all. But worth a try :)

Thanks a lot for the breakdown. I don't know why I was having a hard time wrapping my head around this but I feel I do have a better understanding now. So in a nutshell a merged profile being sent to front of house contains the whole profile (amp, cab, mic) and by switching the monitor cab off function to send to my 4x12 it then only uses the DI profile that was captured and should more accurately represent the reference amp. That sound correct?

Correct! As Karajan said, merged profile should be superior, since the amp and cab were profiled seperately. But there really no rules on how to use your kemper, Whatever sounds the best for you is the best way.

Hi! I'm kinda lost with this one. I've been mainly using my kemper with a power amp/cabinet but now i want to move away from that and go direct.

Whats the best way to connect kemper into FOH and run in ears through mixer(behringer xair) at the same time? Is it possible to use both xlr main outputs as mono at the same time? So left xlr would go to FOH and right xlr into behringer. Or do i need to use 1 jack output + one xlr to run it? is there other ways to do it? How i should setup my output block for this?Thanks !

I cannot see a point of making these parameters adjustable.
    You would set them to the extreme anyway, and this is what we did for you.

The perceived release time is not only dependent of the time, but also of the intensity (treshold).
    I am sure the 4:1 Gate with appropriate intensity will make it for you , as it made it for the others.

I cannot see why not, there's been so many threads like this in the past about this same issue. A bedroom player who uses just a tiny bit of gain might have zero issues, but a guy who plays metal with super loud drummer in a practice room/venue is a whole another story.

i'm currently using 4 gates on my rig (knob + 3stomps) and it's close, but still not enough. Knob gate is around 3.5 and stomps 7.5 each. I'm using sinmix uberschall profile for my rhythm and my gain is set to 6.0 (around 12.30/1o'clock). There's still some noticable squeling between palmuted riffs. My chain only has gates and a graphic eq, no green screams or anything. i've also tried 3 different guitars and it's not about pickups having microphonic feedback.
    I also come from line6 pod and only thing i miss about it is the hard gate, it's a shame that it's not included in the kemper, it would resolve alot of noise issues.

Hey! I've had my kemper for a month now and i've been really happy so far! So happy that my bands second guitarist is planning to upgrade his pod to kemper aswell! yey!

We are planning to throw all our guitar gear into one big 12u-14u flight rack, so 2 kempers, 2 1u poweramps and 2 wireless units (+ some space for air, wires, storage etc.).

-12u-14u, shock resistant for flying and wheels would be the desired specs.

Is there someone who has a similar setup? What rack would suit our needs? Is there a rack builder in EU area you can recommend? I found a SKB 16u fligh rack that would be perfect, but can't find a online store that has it in stock.

Thanks!

Your first and third screenshots are Performance Slot MIDI Transmit settings screens. The Performance Slots are mapped to specific PC changes.

You found the KPA MIDI settings in the System Menu. And, it looks like you set the Receive Channel there.

With a MIDI track in Protools, you can specify the receive and transmit channels for the track. Look at the I/O buttons on the Channel Strip /Mixer View.

Does these Midi transmit settings affect the overall use of midi commands or are they just specifying the rig/preset program numbers? Apparently latter

Could the channels be the key here why it's not working? So matching the protools transmit setting and kempers receiving channel might be the answer? Seems logical, i'm gonna give that a shot. Thanks Paults!

So I've been using Kemper for about 3 weeks now and i'm really happy with it tone-vise, but i have some problems using the program changes. I haven't fully understood how this works and it seems to be quite complicated to do(compared to my old pod pro x). I'm using protools and m-audio midi-man connected to my kempers MIDI In port. I tooks some pictures and would highly appreciate detailed instructions how to get this thing work. Here's where i am so far:

[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/01o9nf6p9nj90b3/image%20(2).jpeg?dl=0]

I have my program changes set to 1-5 in performance 1 and i know that 1 in kemper means 0 in protools.

[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3e2ue4rui2ruj2/image%20(1).jpeg?dl=0]

I've set my Midi Global channel to 1 and i couldn't find a option to match this channel in protools, is that something that i need to do?

[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7ex2k1440183zy/image.jpeg?dl=0]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7ex2k1440183zy/image.jpeg?dl=0I'm connected to MIDI In port, but settings doesn't allow me to choose Midi in, Why is that?

Is there a way to set the continuous control to patch/rig/preset change in perform mode?

So i haven't been able to get this to work in any way and i feel like i'm missing something important. I've searched this topic alot from this forum, manuals and youtube but haven't found a step-by-step instructions for this (or ones that i could understand)

Thanks for the answers and tips! Today i switched from the bulb rhythm profile to a Sinmix 5153 and i got that to work really well. I found out that the noise gates bite lot better to the sinmix profiles so that problem is also solved for now. I guess there's something weird going on in the axe-fx profiles that i've used. Looks like kemper is staying :)

Just took look at the tonehammer profiles, definetely giving those a go.