Posts by wangusmcgee

hey guys. I am so thrilled to be using a kemper now...the amps are insane and respond so well..i feel like i have the best guitar tone that I've ever had in my life, and so easy. wow. incredible
    I'm going on the road in a couple weeks and I have a couple of questions regarding efficient programming...

1. performance mode...right now I have 3 different performances that each just have the same amp but in different gain settings i.e. performance 1 is just a fender on gain 2,4,6,8...performance 2 is a Marshall on gain 2,4,6,8...etc. What I would like to do is set up a "performance" for each song in the set of the band I tour with. So that way I can program tempo and effects for each song in to a specific performance. I understand how to set tempo and name the performance and add effects and all of that, but what seems to be too tedious for me is to get things from one slot to the next..is there a way to copy one slot and paste it in the next slot? also...is there a way that I can have the same effects on each slot, but when i change them with the remote, each effect stays in it's on or off position that it was just on...for example...default on the performance is delay off, i start in slot 1, turn on the delay, go to slot 2...is there a way to make it so that the delay stays on when switching between the slots, but only if I had turned it on? ....also....once i get all the effects and amps dialed in for a performance, I'll probably just need to copy and paste that to new performances with different tempos and names for my set. is there an easy way to do that?

2. whenever I'm in performance mode editing a slot, I try use the remote to go to the next slot to work on fx there, and then i save but it only saves the one slot i was on....is that right? is there a way to just edit all of the slots in one performance and THEN save?

3. Software editor. Is there a software editor at all? I used to use Axe-Edit, and it made it incredibly easy to program effects, settings, names, tempos..and also copy/paste fx blocks and amp settings....also just the fact that using a computer is way quicker than navigating through the front panel.

4. reverbs....right now i plan on using the strymon bigsky in the fx loop. is there anything like that in the kemper itself? also. is there a way that i can control the bigsky from my kemper remote? I know that i can use the remote to turn the fx loop on and off, but is there a way that it can control the bigsky itself?

thanks!!!