Posts by Chris Catalyst

have you engaged your cabinet back on?

Yeah and it now sounds a bit like when I put it through my regular Marshall cab with the cab setting left on. It's better though, with a bit of tweaking. I wonder if that's what I got wrong - it didn't instantly sound like a V30 or whatever.

You won't be going through 2 cabs if you have Monitor Cab Off selected. When that's selected, it removes the cab from the Monitor output, but allows it to continue through the Main outs.

Okay, I am using a speaker cable from the speaker out into the cab I've put the Kones in. So the Monitor Cab being Off or On is affecting the sound.

Should I be doing something else?

Using a (regular) cable from the Monitor Out into the cab sounds very very bad whatever settings I fiddle with.

I would leave the profile cab stack alone. You can either run it with Monitor Cab on or off in the output settings. With it on, you will still be using the cab included with profile, the sweetening parameter will be available, and the kone will be in flat mode. I find this approach works much better for gainy profiles. With monitor cab off, the profile cabinet is bypassed, and you can then select speaker imprints in the output settings and directivity will be an available parameter.

But this makes no sense... I mean, your explanation makes sense. But now I am going through two cabs, which I don't want to do. I basically want my cab to sound like it has V30s in it (or whichever ones I want from the Imprint selection). But now it has V30s in it AND whatever the profile has on it.

I am convinced I am doing something wrong at my end because the YouTube demos are great.

But surely that means it’s going through whatever cab the profile in the stack has on it, and then also going through whatever cab it’s set to in the output menu?

I'm pretty sure you need to put the cab on in the stack ...

Thanks - that seems weird though, I thought the point of this was to replicate a cab on the output, so there would be no need for the cabinet on the amp, if that makes sense. Now surely it is basically going through two cabs - and I have the same kind of wooly and over-middy sound that I used to get if I accidentally left the cab on when I was putting it through my 'regular' Marshall 4x12.

Or am I getting this totally wrong?

Hello all,

First up, thanks to Team Kemper for their brilliant service as ever. Ordered two Kones online, they arrived really quickly, ace stuff.

But. (And I have read the manual) I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I've installed the Kones into a 2x12 ENGL cab which had V30s in it. And it sounds thin and very un-Kemper-y. Like a fizzy 90s Multi-FX. The V30 sound in the Kemper Output doesn't seem anything like the V30s that were in my cab. When I scroll through all the speaker sims, they all sound thin and really toppy.

Also, 'sweetening' and 'directivity' do hardly anything at all to the tone.

I'm using a powered rack into the 2x12, and a reasonably high output Creamery humbucker pick up in my Fender Tele. I am coming out of the speaker input with a regular speaker cable. Monitor cab OFF is ticked, Kemper Kone is ticked. I've taken the cabinet off in the stack setting. Monitor Volume is -25db.

I am convinced it's me that's doing something wrong, as the videos on YouTube sound great and nothing like what I am getting.

Any suggestions? Be slow with me because I am a bit of a luddite. Thank you in advance!