Posts by RookGarner

1.)Both will be fine.
    That being said, we have done extensive testing and experimenting and there is a slight difference when doing a merged profile out of a studio plus direct profile.
    The difference is usually imperceivable but in a few rare occasions, it can be quite audible. That's why personally, I prefer to use studio profiles for FRFR and direct profiles for real cabinets - just for the sake of 100% authenticity.

2.)Other than the profile having been properly tagged, there is no other possibility to distinguish between the two.

As a commercial profile-seller, let me just give you our perspective on this.

There's always going to be guys that re-sell profiles. And this is fine up to a point.
    We think it's perfectly acceptable to re-sell our profiles if they don't work for you - as long as it is done one time only - or if the purchased profiles are included in a Profiler-sale (e.g. from someone switching platforms).
    No one should purchase something and then be stuck with it, if it doesn't work for him/her.
    I think it's only good ethics to let an individual re-sell something he will never use.

The only problem I see is if someone starts being an "unofficial" merchant of profiles that he does not own.
    In this case, the buyer will decide if he's into ethics (and support) or not :)

Hi guys, this is Tim, I'm part of the toneboxlegends team.

Sorry for the delay - I know we've been very quiet since January.

Just wanted to chime in and let you guys know that Rook's been through surgery in late January and has been in recovery since. All is well, no worries, just a small procedure that had to happen.
    Rook's a tough bloke and nothing gets him down so he'll be back and running soon. Meanwhile we have not released anything new while we wait for the Rook to be back and rooking!!! (sorry, a bit of an inside joke, but he'll have a giggle when reading this later on).
    The toneboxlegends thing is a labor of love and good fun (and a few brewskies) between friends and we're pretty much set on only doing it when all five of us are there.
    I think everybody that has received profiles from us will know that there's lots of love and care put into these, even by just reading through the brochure we include with each profile pack.

So I know Rook's been in contact with a few of you, he just wanted me to chime in (as he's the only one of us with a Kemper account) and let you guys know he's doing great, recovering and should be back in action soon.

Chris out! :)

to be honest I don't know how I setted up the thing. I remember I retrieved a setting from a Petrucci's rig pic I found somewhere. But however you set it much depends from the cabinet.

I'm sure I can find the same sound even without having you profiling it with my setting. I'm confident you'll do a great job...

Hi Michael, that's cool!
    We've included the settings of JP of his 2001 tour and 2014 tour.
    We actually profiled the Triaxis through the 2:90 with 3 different speakers (in two different cabinets) - and direct profiling as well!

Many thanks! :)

used to have this combo: triaxis with 290. Kept 290 for the kemper but sold the axis. I'm sure I'll find the sold sound with your profiles

Hi Michael, it should be in there as we did a lot of profiles with the Triaxis and we always give direct profiles as well in our packs for use with real cabs!

But tell you what, if you remember your exact settings, just shoot us a mail and we can profile the Triaxis with your settings!

I'm happy to announce the release of our Triaxis & 2:90 profile pack!
    [Blocked Image: http://i64.tinypic.com/2hqzbr4.jpg]

-47 studio profiles
    -21 direct profiles
    -46 merged profiles

(Bonus profiles: John Petrucci 2001 and 2014 tour settings).

Cabs used:
    1.)4x12 Recto Cab with two Celestion V30 and two G12T-75 speakers in a cross pattern
    2.)1972 Marshall Basketweave 4x12 cab with Greenbacks

Price: € 8.99

As always: PM me or email us directly at [email protected] to get our profiles.

Thank you lads!

@Ibot39
    No worries, I will send you a couple of profiles of the 2:90 and you just tell me what works and what doesn't for you and we'll go from there until you are happy!

Please give us a few days, as the New Year is coming up and everybody is running due to the festivities, family stuff - you know how it is... :)

So we'll touch base with you early next week (let's say we can begin profiling on the 2nd of January) and hook you up with a few ones of the 2:90 to test and go from there.

We pretty much covered the Lead 2 channel of the Triaxis and are doing the final testing of those.
    We just started on the Lead1 channel today and still have the Rhythm channel to do as well.

So I guess we should be ready by next Thursday or Friday at the latest to release and focus on the next amp.

That would be possible to do and pretty easy as you just want direct profiles with no mics etc., so we would not even charge for it, just send you the profiles.

Would you want that at a clean setting, or the power tubes driven hard and starting to distort? How about the setting of the Presence control?

I'll be honest, I do not see much of a point at profiling just a 2:90 power amp myself - but everybody is different and you guys have your own tone formulas - so I'm the last person to turn down a favor - we'll do it and send you those!
    Just let me know what settings you want.

Yehhh!!

Try some tones from Inages and words!!

One of our session guitar players who is heavily involved in doing the Triaxis profiling and testing is a total JP nut!!

He brought in his 90s Ibanez JPM P1 and JPM90 HAM. The first one uses a DiMarzio Tone Zone and Humbucker from Hell (Images & Words) and the latter has the Steve Special and Air Norton (Awake and later) pickup combo.
    He was pretty adamant that we use these two guitars extensively for profiling with the Triaxis and the 2:90 Stereo.

We still have our Christmas Deal until Dec 31st, 2017 running.

Also, if you have any wishes of what what we should profile first, please let us know:

-Mesa Boogie Triaxis
    -1972 50Watt Marshall JMP
    -1993 Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
    -Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X with Swedish Iron-Maiden-live-Sound-Mod
    -1998 Marshall JMP-1 into Marshall JCM2000 (just used as a 100 Watt Power Amp)
    -1986 Gallien Krueger RL250
    -1969 Marshall SLP (currently in maintenance as it had some power tube issues)
    -2001 Hughes & Kettner Warp 7

(even more amps coming up soon)

Glad you like our profiles, Antipodes!

Yes, the Waza is great and really does feel and respond like a good tube amp. We had many pros book sessions in our studio and they ended up using just the Waza through the Waza cab and be totally happy.

The Klemt is really amazing. It is my favorite amp in the studio. Be sure to try the higher gain profiles and play around with the guitar's volume pot to go from totally clean to fully saturated.

For anyone that buys one or more of our packs:

*If you post a youtube-video of one or more of our profiles with a link in and to this thread, you'll get one of our packs of your choice for free!*

Next packs in the works (but will take some time):

-1993 Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
    -Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X with Swedish Iron-Maiden-live-Sound Mod
    -1998 Marshall JMP-1 into Marshall JCM2000 (just used as a 100 Watt Power Amp)
    -1986 Gallien Krueger RL250
    -A super old 100Watt marshall Plexi (currently in maintenance as it had some power tube issues)
    -2001 Hughes & Kettner Warp 7
    ... (and about 10 more amps currently)

if you have any preferences as to which of these to bring out first, please let me know :)

The Klemt Echolette BS 40 has now been released as well.
    This is actually a modded Echolette that we fell in love with after one of our customers brought it into the studio.

[Blocked Image: http://i63.tinypic.com/288qgyt.jpg]

Price for the Echolette pack: €9.99
    (includes: 17 studio profiles of the Klemt in combination with our custom Zilla 4x12 Cabinet with Celestion G12-V70s.
    and another 16 direct amp profiles for use with your powered Kempers and real cabs)

Just PM me with your e-mail address and the profile pack you wish to buy.
    If you wish I can send you a free sample profile of our pack. Again PM me please.