Posts by RookGarner

The Waza Amp has now been released.

As I previously mentioned, we are not set-up with a dedicated profile purchasing page.
    So buying our profiles can be done like in the good ol' days: Just PM me with your e-mail address and the profile pack you wish to buy.

[Blocked Image: http://i64.tinypic.com/rvlpuh.jpg]

Price for the Waza pack: €14.99
    (includes: 24 studio profiles of the Waza Amp in combination with the Waza 4x12 Cab
    and another 24 direct amp profiles for use with your powered Kempers and real cabs)

If you wish I can send you a free sample profile of our pack. Just send me a private mail here...

Ok lads, it took a bit longer than I expected.
    Coming tomorrow are our first two amp profiles:

1.)A 1960's Klemt Echolette BS40
    2.)The Waza Amp

(Btw, thanks to the few lads from the board who contacted me for beta-testing the profiles.)

Here are two soundfiles from one of you guys (the user did not want me to make his name public, so I respect his wish).

Here's a soundfile from the Klemt:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-658289565/klemt-test
    (rig used: "Klemt EchoZilla 17" - nothing changed)

Here's the Waza:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-658289565/beatit-waza
    (rig used: "Waza L2 Mdrn" - Delay Mix increased to 45.5%)

[UPDATE:]

Current rigpacks available:

1.)The Waza Amp by Boss (24 profiles with Waza Cab / plus additional 24 direct profiles) - price: €14.99
    2.)The Klemt Echolette BS 40 with Swedish Mod (17 studio profiles with Zilla 4x12 Cab / plus additional 16 direct amp profiles) - price: €9.99
    3.)Mesa Boogie Triaxis & 2:90 Power Amp (47 studio profiles / 46 merged profiles / 21 direct amp profiles) - price: €8.99***NEW: just released!

PM me for our profiles or email us directly at [email protected]

*If you post a video of one or more of our profiles with a link in this thread, you'll get one of our packs of your choice for free!*

[/UPDATE]

Dear lads,

the time has come to reveal what we've been working on for the past year!

I am the co-owner of a studio and we've been using the Kemper profiler both in the studio but I've also been using it for my personal band.
    We've been debating about launching our own set of profiles for a very long time now. Our studio offers a nice collection of high-quality gear, as well as fully optimized recording rooms and thus optimal profile-taking capabilities.
    The profile market is certainly very crowded - so we had long discussions if we should start offering our services at all, at what price, should we launch a dedicated webpage, how to market etc.

To make the story short and give you guys an outline, we thought it best to offer this:

First of all, who are we?
    We are a professional recording studio and a group of 5 people:
    -a seasoned and well-experienced audio engineer
    -a meticulously audiophile (not to mention a total tube-snob!) amp technician
    -2 long-time studio session guitar players with many years of experience
    -and my humble self!

Why did we decide to join the profile making market?
    I'll be very straight here, all 5 of us make a living in the music industry - it's a less lucrative business to be these days - and not an easy one - but it is what it is - and the love of music, guitars, amps, gear, bands, recording and live playing is what drives us!
    All we want to do is being able to maintain what we've painstakingly built all these years and remain happily on this path.
    We do these profiles for ourselves and for use in our studio - but if these should make you guys happy and by selling those we can afford to pay one or more of those monthly bill(s) - we'll be more than grateful.

What is our mission?
    We believe that the Kemper Profiler offers a superb quality like no other digital device. Therefore, we will focus on giving an experience that is true to the feeling and tone of the amp being profiled - instead of doing a polished version that is more production ready (we believe that is a job that has to be done by an audio engineer - taking the soul of the amp and player and shaping it into the right frequencies of the production and song). So we focus on the soul of the amp - staying 100% true to how it sounds and responds/feels.

So in short:
    a.)Profiles that sound and feel like the actual profiled amp - giving a true-to-life experience - when a profile is not 100% true to the original, it gets dismissed immediately.
    b.)no tricks and no compromise attitude - when you buy a profile, you should get a 100% true-to-original tone. So we use absolutely no equipment for tone enhancing! It's pure amp, cab, studio mics and studio cables (Mogami). That's it!
    c.)no virtual EQ or amp parameter adjustments in the profiler (we won't artificially enhance the profile by altering the virtual paramters like pick attack, clarity, compression, tube bias etc. - so you get the true sound and feel, warts and all).
    d.)Some amps have real sweet spots: we do not profile with EQ controls set flat - we strive to go for the best sounding and thus best possible representation of the amp!
    e.)Affordable prices - for now that means no dedicated webpage & no fancy Marketing - we prefer to do it the old-fashioned way: word-to-mouth. This saves much time for us and allows us to keep prices down. Chances are that if you're happy you'll come again for new stuff!

What amps do we bring to the table?
    All will be revealed in time!
    But we will focus on rare amps (tube and a few solid state) that are hard to find or are not offered by others. We currently have a small but very nice collection of vintage amps, custom builds and modded modern amps.
    Our primary field of expertise is Rock, hard Rock and (80s / 90s) Heavy Metal - but our collection is, of course, perfectly suitable for a large variety of music.

So that's it from me.
    The first two amps are already well in the works and should be available soon!

Rook

I expected a more obvious function regarding this menu option in Rig Manger.
    But what it actually does, is open my Chrome web browser on my Win10 64-Bit PC and not lead to any specific site or place. It just opens the browser which stays blank.
    Am I missing something?

I really like the Dunlop 6100 size and width but in a stainless steel fret!
    Stainless steel Jumbo's are great - super smooth on your bends (they feel a bit like playing on glass) and they last forever!
    Jumbo size means your fingers can get "under" the strings for a big bend!

Prior to SS Jumbo frets, I used to play on Dunlop 6000s but they can feel a bit bulky.

But it's a very subjective matter. Some of my laddie's can't be bothered with Jumbo frets and love small vintage frets - while I totally dislike small and/or narrow frets.

Unfortunately, you must let your own fingers decide about this one! :)

Phil, have you tried profiling your amps?

That was the true wake-up call for me. Almost none of the commercial profiles sounded as good as my favorite amps in my studio. So I profiled my amps at my settings and was totally convinced after playing them on the Kemper via studio monitors. My self-made profiles were indistinguishable from my real amps in both tone and feel.

I looked around at the music store over the weekend at the QSC K8.2. After seeing the weight and feel of the QSC; I am thinking I might go Katan (for much cheaper) after all. Have you ran the kemper into the effects loop return to bypass everything but the power amp?

Care to give a small review on the QSC K8.2? How did you like them - did you test them with the Kemper?

@G String I still have a really slow sync with the latest beta of Rig Manager plus the latest release of the profiler software.

Please try this:

1.)Profile an amp or pedal and create a new rig.
    2.)Open Rig Manager - it will sync with the profiler and update the number of rigs (+1)
    3.)Rig manager will have synced but the profiler will display "Rig syncing" for a really long time - like 1 or more minutes

I think there's absolutely no need for a Kemper HD or Kemper 2 for that matter (just MHO of course).

Why? The Kemper is almost perfect. By now I have profiled most of my gear in the studio I co-own and I have to say that more often than not, the Kemper is 99% true to the original tone.
    If you profile and refine properly (and there are a few things to learn and a lot of trial and errors here) you can get close to almost 100% to the original source.
    But the added things in the Kemper (tube Bias, clarity parameter, definition, sag control etc.) plus the added EQ often actually further tailors the sound to your needs - in that it makes it even better than the original amp that was profiled.
    I'm amazed each time how my favorite amps turn out after profilling. I actually prefer to play them on the Kemper than the real ones - as the Kemper is able to take the sound of the original and further fine-tune or polish the last 0.5% that I always felt could be imporved from the original amp tone.

Anyway, that's just my old ears saying how I feel about it.

Now, what's left to improve?
    IMHO, not much. I would like a fast bootup time for live playing (so that I would not have to bring 2 Kempers just for safety to a gig). Although my main Kemper has never failed me yet, I can't imagine the horror of having to reboot it during a gig and waiting close to an endless minute.

Also, IMHO the FX can be improved (currently I would love a script phaser that sounds as good as my original old script Phase 90) as well as the reverb section. Not much more left to improve then...

The dual amp path - well I have never been a fan of that. IMHO the complications in balanceing EQ, phasing issues etc. of playing with 2 or more amps simultaneously are greater than the actual benefit of it. (but again, that's just MHO)

So for me - if they could sell an add-on DSP uppgrade card or something (that plugs into the existing hardware internally) that would just give a much faster boot-up plus a super fast system response in general (e.g. the remote change of a rig - audio changing instantly but the lights, display etc. changing later) would be ideal. But that's just me dreaming...

Interesting that you say that.
    I have set up the legacy delay before the new delays were implemented - and pretty much have always just used this one setting for all my rigs (available on/off).
    While I really appreciated the adding of the new delay FX - I'm pretty much a spare user of delay - just use it to enhance solos a bit.
    Maybe I should try a less-over-the-top or ambient one from the new available ones and see how it compares to the legacy...