Posts by SuckerFreeGear

You can buy it direct from me here for 25 dollars or purchase it on Ebay for slightly more:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323511964901

I know many were waiting for this.

If you purchase on Ebay please in the notes put your E-mail address so I know where to send funds to.

Description of the profile pack

This is a Kemper profile pack of a 1991 Bogner Fish with the Cantrell mod on the Shark channel and an early VHT2150 exactly like the one Cantrell used for recording Dirt. This was recreated by Mark Cameron using a schematic of Jerry's actual #1 Recording Fish when it was in service at Bogner. Other channels on this preamp were tweaked by Mark for Max tone. This pack includes DI, cab and studio profiles. Early 90’s era Marshall 4x12 with V30s was used just like what Jerry used back in the day.

In this profile pack you get a total of a lot of profiles, merged, di and studio. Tons of different settings for the Shark channel

This also includes a profile studio, di and merged of this amp boosted by one of Mark Cameron's prototype boost pedals.

Was profiled with a prototype G&L Rampage with a Duncan JB. This was a prototype the G&L custom creations department had made for Jerry in the mid 90's and one of the last ever Rampages with the old 3 bolt neck plate design.

Refining done by amp master Mark Cameron

What you get is a profile pack of this amazing sounding amp.

Comes with a cab profile of our other favorite Marshall cab. Which was an early 90's Marshall Vintage which had UK made 30 watt Vintage speakers

Clip of our amp profile and the amp itself:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/dbHIZExJ1Z8?rel=0

Clip of actual amp and Shark channel with Cantrell mod:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/N8oVrpkw46E?rel=0

I have the same amp, you can see in the video...... the H&K Attax 80 bottom left ;)

That's one of Mark's personal amps it was used on some of his favorite recordings back in the 80's, he wants to make profiles of it but I thought no one would know anything about that amp or it's history...

Anyways I maybe taking orders on the Fish as soon as tomorrow afternoon or evening. Stay subscribed to my Youtube and watch this forum for the new profiles.

For people who have not subscribed this is just what you missed out on:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just to fill you guys in on whats taking so long on the Fish is we had to bring an original 91 era Fish up to Cantrell"s #1 Fish specs using the old notes and schematics of Jerry's Fish. All parts we sourced were NOS and era correct for the mod as well. VHT2150 we had also need new filter caps and we luckily found a NOS USA made set of the correct values.

So the main channel Jerry uses is the Shark channel and if you look at his Fish compared to one without the mod you will see that an extra knob is added and a switch removed in the bottom row of knobs for the Shark channel. Some people who arent familiar with the Fish wont notice this but its an easy telltale way to tell if a Fish has the mod. Also even if it looks to have the mod each one is still different, the other Fish we have here in the studio has a Cantrell mod but it's been tweaked by Reinhold and doesn't really sound like the Fish Mark just finished tweaking.

So we finally finished tweaking on the Shark channel and constant comparing to old Alice bootlegs and recordings especially ones we knew he was only using the Fish to really chase down that sound.

We decided to really attempt to get this right before we tried or continued profiling I mean we have to put out something to complement the Snorkler as well.

So hardware part of the project is done, now onto profiling and that is what we are doing the next few days. Subscribers will be the first to know the details and where to buy.

Subscribe to my Youtube channel to be the first to be notified of our next profile to drop which is the Fish with VHT #25. You will get all channels not just the Cantrell modded shark channel, entire preamp has been tweaked by Mark Cameron to sound as good if not better than Jerry Cantrell's #1 Recording and touring Fish.

We're trying to get the Fish and Hanneman packs out by this weekend. Mark is shooting for perfection with this Fish and it took forever to find some NOS parts to make the Fish exactly like Cantrell's main studio Fish. Plus we had to find correct filter caps for the VHT2150 power amp. We found NOS USA made ones and they took forever to arrive.

Like I said not only am I building a "Tone Library" but we're literally "Tone archeologists" when doing some of this making sure we got correct NOS parts whenever we can and ultimately never "compromising" the tones. Which I noticed lots of people do now a days with excused like "it's too hard to find" or "it's too expensive" or "it's just too rare" well you know what, that's never stopped me.

Thanks for the comments.

We're still working on profiles but we don't put anything out without Mark's firm approval. We've spent 12 hours profiling one day only to toss all the profiles because they weren't "good enough", in fact it happens often.

Quality over quantity is Mark's philosophy. Yeah you can buy a profile pack from other vendors with 100 profiles in one pack but only to have a handful that are usable. With us you get a few profiles and just about everyone is usable depending on the configuration you are running.

Hi J, if possible can you do or add some crunch rigs into these future packs? Be really appreciated if you can man, don't see many good ones with these amps

Ash

As in crunch you mean Metallica or Hetfield, yes we will. We have original set neck ESP explorers and a 84 Gibson Explorer in the studio, Triaxis and Strategy 400 for the ultimate Metallica or what I think of as "crunch" tones. We even have a Roland for the clean tones as well...

By the way our Mesa Boogie IIC+ fully loaded long head just came back from Mesa, new tubes and filter caps. NOS tubes from Mesa were used and we run it in SImulclass mode with 6l6GC and EL34s, no expense was spared on this amp. It's going to make some amazing profiles.

Also we just got our Dual Recto Rev.C serial number 5 back from Mesa with new filter caps and tubes. This is going to be amazing as well, I mean who else offers a Rev C Dual Recto let alone the fifth one ever made.

We got some amazing stuff coming from my "Tone Library", I know some of you maybe hoping for a BE100 or a Dumble knock off since like no one has ever made profiles of those types of amps but don't hold your breath because you will die, literally die. As in fish out of water...dead. <X

Seriously... we keep it "Sucker Free" and look for the 95 blue face VH4 ch3 Adam Jones tone pack coming soon as well profiled with an actual 81 Silverburst. ;)

Then we got something super special for the Nirvana fans, a pack that no one else can or could offer...

then I shall wait. Somewhat impatiently cause I have zero patience.
    Is it done yet?!

Since you and no one else has any patience I want to tell you guys something that will make the wait worse and I may have to delete this info becuase I'm not sure I'm supposed to share it. When Mark was working at Bogner, Reinhold would give Mark a lot of incomplete mods or "projects" for Mark to "finish", one day Jerry Cantrell brought his number one Fish preamp in, the one that he uses for recording only and won't take on the road because it sounds so good and is the "one". Jerry by the way has like close to ten original fishes along with super producer Dave Jerden.

While Jerry's Fish was on the bench Mark figured, you know... (who knows when the next time I will have Jerry's Fish or at least his main one on my(Mark's) bench)... so he took notes and he has his notebook to this day with the correct schematic of Jerry's main Fish. He knows why not all Fishes sound the same and has a very good idea of what exactly needs to be changed or tweaked on the Fish Cantrell mods to get it to get that tone that Jerry and apparently everyone else loves.

It was this knowledge that Mark applied to my Bogner Snorkler to restore it to make it sounds like it sounds today in the same amp and profile all you guys love.

Also during the recording of Dirt Jerry used a VHT2150 with his Fish for the recorded tone so that leads me to the next thing...

We also have an original VHT2150 it's number 25 as in the first 25 ever made which is a total different layout than the later VHT2150s that came out after 100 and were KT88. Did I mention that Mark also worked at VHT back in the day? Well he did.

So yes we will be running the VHT2150 with the original Fish with an original G&L Rampage with a era correct cab that Jerry loved so much back in the earl 90's.

So I hope this makes the wait easier and I know Mark if he finds out will yell at me for sharing this info and I will have to delete this post.

Some people maybe reading this and wondering what's a Snorkler and why all the hype? Is there is only one or two and if there is a second one why do I have it and how did I get it?

I posted the entire story about the amp and about the famous "Snorkler" you can read about it over on a great gear forum and I am friends with the owner. I hope posting this link is ok with the mods here. This is a link to the amp's entire story:

http://groomednoodlers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2636