Posts by harlowmedia

I'm pretty sure this is probably not feasible but figured I would throw the idea out there and maybe get some feedback.

Idea would be that we could use two of the four jacks for an effects loop. I think this would be great because you would no longer have run long cables back to the kemper and you could put your pedals directly into the remote.

Does that make any sense and is it even a possibility?

Thank you for this info!

You can use monitor and direct out for a stereo setup regarding the Gemini (cabsim must be on because there's no way to turn it off only for the direct out). This way the main outs are free for FOH. When using XLR for FOH keep in mind that some desks are activating mic preams automatically when seeing XLR. That makes the signal hotter. Lower the volume of the main outs to aprrox. -20 or use the -12 tick box in output menu.

Great info. Thank you!

Looking for some recommendations / experience.

I've recently gotten a gemini 2, cannot say enough about the unit and the companies support. My question is about the setup using the main outs on the kemper.

Based on it being a stereo cab, I can come out of the main outs XLR to the Gemini 2 cab via a TRS cable (stereo 1/4"). This provide a stereo cabinet for stage use. However, it then ties up my stereo xrl's for FOH. Not to mention, the kempers output from the main outs is incredibly hot for many mixers.

Options I see are:

1. XLR to trs to gemini, out of gemini's 2nd input / output from trs to xlr back to FOH. (however, when I turn up on stage, it's also turning up signal to FOH)

2. XLR to trs to gemini , mono outs (left and right) to FOH from kemper? (or vice versa)

I could always run mono with the monitor out, which is what I did prior to having the stereo cab and I liked that because i could send a lower and constant signal to the FOH BUT, I've got the stereo option and wanted to see if others are taking advantage of it and how with the FOH.

Does anyone of another stereo output that could be used for the monitor out (other than the headphones)

thanks in advance,
    jason

I have quite a few profiles and would like to manage a bit better.

In particular I've got some of the Micheal Britt packs that were not in the latest "rig pack". Is there is a way to make rig packs? or is there a way to copy my profiles that were not in the rig pack to an existing rig pack?

Currently I've just got all the profiles under subdirectories in my rig manager interface but its a bit overwhelming and looking to utilize the rig pack display for favorites..etc.

thanks in advance!
    jason

I've used it for bass on several large shows and have never looked back. The opportunity to use the parallel path gave us the ability to not only have a huge bass sound but do some additional things like put an octaver (pog) in the path with gain to get the royal blood sound. It's the best bass sound I've had thus far.

One note, several of the default bass profiles did lack some low end but there are several great ones in the rig exchange.

the exact same thing happened to me and has happened on the last 5 version (public) and the beta version. It happens in performance mode for me.

You can go into the "output" section and change the output preset to sort of reset things but it will happen again after a while. Did you also notice that when turning the volume up from say 3 it jumped immediately to like 10 with no volume increase?

I also have the remote and run a pedal in position 5 for a wah but believe I've had this happen before without the expression pedal even hooked up.

I actually have several gigs coming up so it should be fun. I don't think the main output is impacted at all and I don't link the main output with the monitor volume so as long as I have it pumping through the monitors and in ears, I should be fine.

Also, how may profiles do you have loaded? I have wondered if this could be an issue, I'm down to about 635 on mine. LOL!