Posts by Nightwish2

I posted a Kramer guitar in this thread somewhere which has Wilkinson pickups. I never really had them in mind but the blew me away in that guitar. They react very accurate to playing..

Also ich benutze auch seit einiger Zeit InEars. Zuerst von Shure, dann Sennheiser SE215 und jetzt SE315. mit den 315 bin ich auch mit dem Kemper im Mix glücklich. Aber zu Hause höre ich meist über den Shure SRH840 ab. Der bringt wie ich finde genau den Raum und die Lebendigkeit rüber die z.B. den AKG271 fehlen.

Genau das mit dem Publikum kenne ich auch, da höre ich mit meinen Sennheiser SE's gar nichts mehr von. Daher habe ich mir auch schon überlegt beim nächsten Gig mal 2 Miks hinzustellen. Aber dauernd die Geräuschkulisse des Publikums aufem Ohr zu haben kann auch doof sein wenn die "Krach" machen. Wie löst ihr das? Dem Mischer Zeichen geben?

Wir haben Stereo auf den Ohren, wenn Du das einmal hattest willst Du nicht mehr zu Mono zurück ;)

Also ich habe Privat nen Desktoprechner mit Xeon-Prozi, SSD und 32GB Ram und wenn ich Projekte mit vielen Plugins bearbeite spielt es schon eine Rolle ob Chrome läuft oder nicht. Das ist nicht zu unterschätzen. Vor allen so Hersteller Bloatware würde ich unbedingt deinstallieren, da die sonst immer in Hintergrund läuft und Ressourcen frisst.

Smp sind wohl Samples. Allerdings finde ich das merkwürdig, dass das tatsächlich einen Unterschied machen soll. War die Latenz (Millisekunden) vorher vielleicht so tief eingestellt, dass nicht genug Leistung da war?

Hmmm. I dont make my own profiles ||

I'm not sure how a live engineer can deal with this in any better way than I could at home... Which is not super possible... :rolleyes::/||

I don't do it myself either, but I found some profiles, with sometimes very very explicit frequencies, that I like and that fit into the mix very well. If you listen to them alone they also sound a bit strange but nothing to the direction of your clips.
    Well at a live-venue the mix is most of the time done quite different. More boomy and with a curve similar to a loud setting and therefore some frequencies might disapear (I can only talk about hardrock and metal of styles I use to see live though).

Hm, das klingt unschön.
    Im Studio haben wir das häufiger, da unser Interface fix auf 48kHz eingestellt ist. Wenn wir dann ein 44.1kHz Mp3 hören gibt das natürlich Probleme, da das umgerechnet werden muss. Bei uns resultiert das in einem Muster regelmässiger Aussetzer, aber das könnte von Hersteller zu Hersteller anders sein.. aber dass unser Problem mit der Dauer des Hörens zusammenhängen kann bezweifle ich stark. Das ist schräg..

You actually seem to understand the issue a little more than others in the thread. Applauds :thumbup:
    But no, plec/pick has nothing to do with this.

Well I just thought I'd try to help. It is like a puzzle that wants to be solved and you can't stop thinking about. But at the moment I have no idea what the heck it could be when all factors I can think of (from the distance without seeing an touching everything) are eliminated.

I'm perhaps a bit late but I'll try all the same. And I can understand the it drives you crazy.
    To me it sounds a bit like the noise a resonator guitar does more or less hidden in the sound. I hear that well on clip 1 and 3 and a bit less on the other too. Not so clear on the band recording. But I can hear and identify some maybe unwanted noise..
    So it is not: the room, the guitars, the cable, the amps, the power, the mics or the interface.
    I doubt the a playing habit could force such a noise. You'd have to wear handcuffs or something metal like while playing to make such noise. And I doubt you wear something that rattling all the time.
    So last thing I can think of is a plec. Sounds strange, even to me, but everything else ist out, right? What kind are you using?
    There might be something we miss but it has to be a very extraordinary thing.

Does anyone know why they went with this solution as opposed to a standard amp handle on the top? Is the metal case too thin to support a standard handle? Has anyone added a standard amp handle to their toaster?

The case is thick enough for sure, it's a tank like build..

1) You can set wich one you want. I think it is an option checker up on the screen in tuner mode.
    2) Yes you can change that behavior but I can't recall where to do that. But it has been discussed, so with searching around the forum you should find it..

Nicky is right if you take along other rack gear. Then staying with the rack version is obvious. But if you just rely on the Kemper alone like I do (and love it ;) ) then you could think about. I like the form factor for being stylish and user-friendliness (all knobs present and more light-rings around). But that's a highly personal view..

I don't know if they are considered linear, but I bought 3 different sets of IEMs to try out and the 215's seemed to have quite a bit of bass compared to the others. It wasn't bad, just seemed more. Most of the reviews I've read online also say that. It all comes down to personal preference though. If they do have more low end, I'm sure that would come in handy with a 7 string too :)

Just this week I had the opportunity of buying a set of se315 for a third of the new price. At a short test my ears tell me that they overall sound fuller than the SE215 without booming or lacking something allthough reading the graphic above it rolls off the bass and highs quite a bit. Going to test them with the band on sunday perhaps that will tell what it is all about or what my ears like more :)