Posts by Snicir

I have tried it but it didn't catch on. Didn't get to a better sound. Haven't done an exhaustive search, which is what I think is needed when using only profiles with unknown cab quality as starting point.Would like to experiment more.

I have maybe 3-4 goto-cabs that works for me

It would be interesting to know which ones! :)

I've been looking for a Cab with V30's miced using the Fredman technique for a while.

I believe that the profile "TH - Diesel VH Four D" in the most recent Tonehammer rig pack (available within rig manager) is using the Fredman micing technique. It is a merged profile.

You can right click a profile and choose copy, then scroll down to the performance you want it in, right click the slot to the right where you want it, and click paste.

Thanks for your nice profiles, Mats!

Edit: Yes drag and drop also works. You need two separate rig manager windows open at the same time. You can open a second one by clicking Ctrl+N or clicking window->new.

Since it's partly a question of personal economy, I think someone should point out the value of floating a bit of extra money instead of using everything from every paycheck. That kind of buffert reduces economical risks and is also what would allow a temporary ownership of two amplifiers. If expensive gear like the KPA is in reach then a buffert is also in reach. :)

Inspired by a recent thread in the commercial section I wanted to pool the community for opinions about the best free Soldano profiles. As was mentioned in the other thread (and in previous discussions here), Thumas has made some very nice merged Soldano profiles. What other favorites do you have?

If we get a good set of responses here, another thread could be opened for another amp. I think it makes a lot of sense to discuss and compare profiles in the context of specific amps. It also allows opinions about the tones and use cases of the amp itself.

• Bring it on! ^^

@Mattfig I can write my opinion if you want to send me the pack.. :)

Edit: Thanks for sending it! I have fired it up from time to time since August. For my taste it sounds too "loose", this for both high- and medium output pickups. I am not sure how much of that comes from the amp itself. In the HAWP profiles by Owens there are profiles with more bite (not gain but "bite") which I prefer.

Nice, thanks for posting! I would consider using freely available profiles and provide a link to it in videos like these, unless there are specific reasons to use a particular private or commercial profile. It's nice for viewers to easily replicate stuff, that's my opinion at least. :)

The first sounds more compact and immediate to me. If one of the sounds is a Kemper profile of the other I would guess that the first is a profile of the second. I don't know the Cameron CCV but between the two the first sound seems more similar to how my KPA "usually" sounds. It's not far from a wild guess though. :D
    I think the palm mutes sound better in the second clip, other than that it's even.

Good update! More folder depth is useful, and the rig packs make things easier. In the rig packs there is a column on the right "demo rig", that seems like an interesting development.

Exploring rig folders has almost no lag now! Even the rig exchange with 9000 rigs is quite fast. When I first searched "marshall" in RE the application crashed but when I try now it works.

Ok, so here are the Splawn profiling test tracks. I went a bit darker than I usually go since that is what you guys are apparently used to hearing based on many of the profiles I heard out there. Also, keep in mind this was a really quick-n-dirty test setup but it served the purpose. There was no tweaking anything on the Kemper, post processing, etc.

See what you guys think as to how similar they sound....

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/0y4Wg1gs/file.html

It sounds a bit as if the guitar volume knob is slightly reduced on the KPA track. It's especially noticeable on the slides, for example the first one at 4 sec in the track. Did you turn off the KPA noise gate for the recording?

mega boobie rk 2 x12. It is a cab from a rectifier oack from tonehammer. I use this cab permanently and you can hear how it sounds in my soundcloud example if you like. Use the link under my signature. There are many examples there, also with guidos studio profiles pimped with this cab.

Do you know which particular profile from the rectifier pack? Because if I'm not mistaken it is possible they made a few micings or even that the cab profile was generated slightly different because of variations in amp settings for different profiles. (Unless they just copied the cab to all profiles.) Thanks!

Since I was in Maghreb for work I found a way in to the whole world of Arabic Music. There are so many differences and culture styles. That's impressive!
    Especially Mauritania, Mali, Niger and the whole Sahel are unfortunately unregarded, unheard and I tend to say ignored from the west.
    But there are very, very long traditions of music-schools and music education with a high standard. The music is often very sensitve and properly subtile like in your example.

The music that I heard agrees very much with what you are saying. Do you have any personal favorites that you recommend?