Posts by motochick

Generally speaking you should be the author of the profile you want to upload.
    A few exceptions to this basic rule have been accepted in the past if a tweaked rig added some value like creative use of FX etc.
    But again, these remain exceptions.

I apologize ahead of time if this is something easily available. I am looking for the guidelines for uploading to the Rig Exchange.

Specifically I was curious if you can only upload amps and cabinets that YOU have profiled or if you can upload a tone you created with someone else's amp profile.

Thanks for the tips!

I made this!

It is close to what I'm looking for, probably a bit extreme but sounds nice with my Tele and Gretsch. It's supposed to be clean, compressed sounding and then click on the Green Scream for the grit. (btw all content used to create this is free factory stuff!)

Do any of you Professionals still get chills up your spine when you find something special in this box?

I've been playing most of my life and have never been in a band (just a few punk bands in high school). So not having the talent and drive to make it to that "next level" of playing, I just play for my own enjoyment. Actually I don't know what I would do without music and my guitars, probably lose my mind.

So my experience with fine tube amps is limited to the Vox AC15 I own, but lately as I get used to working with this "magical" box, I will find a setting that just sends chills up my spine, like I'm at one with the sound coming out of the monitor. I've never experienced this before with any "digital" amp modeler (and I've had many).

just curious,
    jen

Thank You!

This thread can be destroyed now!
    I guess I was trying to say how do I dial in the tone that's in my head?
    I'm still a newbie on this "magical box" and have a lot yet to learn.

I think I'm getting closer to what I'm seeking by playing with some chicken picken tones. 8o

Greetings,
    I'm trying to nail something like this
    to play Rockabilly music with my Tele and Gretsch and I'm having difficulty dialing in something that sounds clean, open and big.
    I played around a bit with Gundy's setzer profile, but it wasn't in the direction I was looking for.

Any input would be appreciated. :D
    -jen

Greetings!

Welcome Aboard!!

I got my Kemper a few weeks ago and I haven't left my room since (is that normal?) ?(:thumbup:

I think it probably matters how you gonna use this lunchbox, I'm a bedroom player and home studio person so having the most accurate monitors (Genelec) were important to me.

Greetings,

I know this belongs in the "Rig Manager" forum, but for some reason I cannot create posts in that forum.
    Anyways, is there a way to view/edit Cabinet files in Rig Manager or other 3rd party software?

I found a great bunch of free Cabinets from Till, but there are just too many for me to load in my Kemper and be able to browse.

-jen

Yes- profile your amp, too. Tubes, knob settings, mic selection and placement all make a difference.

Checked the Rig Exchange and most HAYS profiles are the Top Boost channel. There were only 2 of channel 1 (which I'm assuming is EF86) and they were fairly clean sounding. I want the EF86 channel in all its glory cranked to smooth distortion!

Will let you know when I get the profile done properly.

I used to have the same amp.
    And there are already some good profiles of it in the RE.
    Look for the author 'Hays'.

Cool so it's definitely doable, I will check them out, hopefully there is a high gain one. I still want to profile mine out of curiosity and to see if sounds much different with different tubes.

Quick question for you guys,
    I have an amp with an EF86 channel (Vox AC15H1TV). I really want to profile the EF86 channel because it has a glorious smooth distortion when cranked (unfortunately my neighbors don't feel the same way).

From what I understand the EF86 tube is a pentode tube that does not distort, so I assume all the distortion I get is from the power amp. From my readings of the Kemper Profiling Guide it says something about power amp distortion not compatible with the profiler.

Has anyone had experience profiling an EF86 channel and how did it sound?

Thanks,
    Jen

So I know this device has been out 5 years or so and many of you veterans are used to hearing this, but after my 1st week with Kemper I'm Blown Away!!

However I think I'm having a compulsion to turn too many knobs and add too many effects from my days with the Pod HD.

I can literally pick out a quality Rig, plug in, and crank it up and it sounds like it comes from the heavens. This is how it's supposed to be, the early rock artists had good amps and just plugged in and cranked it up to 11 and played!!

So lot's more to learn and do but I thought I'd give you guys an update :thumbup:

-jen

You'll be all over that thing before you know it. The Kemper's sophisticated yet logical in its design and layout. Plus, when you twist knobs, stuff actually happens, which isn't always the case with modellers, especially those that appear to be too clever by half. I think you'll find the stack EQ knobs to be surprisingly-effective, for example, requiring very-little adjustment to get to where you want to go, and yet the EQ itself is so very musical. Mighty impressive all-round IMHO, this thing is, but you know that or you wouldn't be here!

Das Kemper is very responsive..

In the Pod HD the names of the amps didn't always mean a whole lot, you had to fiddle with the amp, different cab, different mic, pile on a bunch of eq's that made no sense (everything in %).
    I downloaded my first amp pack from TopJimi (thanks hamsandwich). That 59 Twin sounds amazing!! Got that Brown Sugar sound with little tweaking.

I haven't read the profiling manual yet but the one thing that is strange to me is there are many profiles for one amp (such as different levels of gain), my initial impression was you profile an amp once and there you have it, just like your sitting in front of it tweaking it. Maybe the multiple profiles are for different mics, rooms etc.

Yes my Gretsch has BlackTop FilterTron. It's a hotter Rock style pickup, the other is a Hi Lo Tron type of pup, my favorite for Twang and Jazz is the combination of the 2 and mix them with volume controls. :P

Thanks for kind welcome everyone...

Hey Monkey_Man is your handle for the Stones song? (that's the next tone I want to nail, or Honky Tonk Women) or could be the original Toots & Maytal

Welcome! If you want to have more search parameters, download Rig manager software from the Kemper website.

You won't find Artist names unless someone used them in the Rig name or Comments field, but, they will all have an amp name. There are some…

Thanks for the link, looks like quite a treasure chest :thumbup:

I can't wait to learn how to profile an amp. My only "real" guitar amp is a Vox AC15H1TV . I see there are some profiles for the Top Boost Channel online but I want to get the EF86 channel so I can hear what it sounds like when it's really cranked up!

I stand corrected, just found a few called CH 1 which probably means EF86 channel...