Posts by CJGOMEZ

The Bogner Shiva is great. I own Guido's version, but these Shiva profiles are as good, if not better. I've tried them with a Strat, and I've still got to try them with my LP. Thanks a lot.

do a backup first and then upgrade. There are new rigs in the 4. Update. But there are many older factory rigs in kemper's download Page. Plus many by TAF, Britt, Bert, etc.

I haven't grabbed my guitar since my avatar went from anonymous to ape mode. I will probably play with more energy from now on. I may need heavier strings, though.

Would be nice to hear BOTH sides of this sorry saga before jumping on the butt hurt bandwagon. And how come there is this general trend to assume the worst and bash on the Kemper team at any given opportunity?

Sure, but the avatar of a chimp with headphones matters? Verbal sarcasm may be offensive (I don't mean to say MM's sense of humour is), but a funny picture?

I definitely agree with it being a matter of taste. I can appreciate the quality in all the commercial profiles that I've bought, but some just click with me. For me, the highest hit rates have been TAF, MBritt and now Bert. However, it's also a matter of application. MBritt's are great for live, TAF's for recording. Bert's seem to work for both! There are others that I like that are enjoyable in other scenarios, such as Guido's (GREAT for noodling!), Pete's Profiles, TopJimi's, Sinmix's etc. etc.

I agree with what's been said by a few already. Tone is subjective. And we play (or try to play) different kinds of music, so not many amps/profiles will be ideal for all Kemper users. And our guitars are also part of the equation, so some profiles will suit them better than others. Breu says he wants to reach excellence, and his second pack may well be better than the first. I haven't tried either (yet), so I can't tell, but many have praised both packs, so it makes sense to say his work will satisfy most buyers. Very probably, me too. And yet, are we getting any closer to "the best profiles ever"? And best for you is best for me too? I've bought some great recent profiles from several folks, but I keep on going back to some of the earlier profiles (2012). The point is that there is saturation both in the Rig Exch and in the profiling business. I have been a Kemper user for less than two months and I haven't been able to examine thoroughly the many profiles I've got thru R Exch, free downloads or Paypal. I haven't bought so many, but I feel it will take me ages to reselect profiles that were not "love at first sigfht".There are some many amps being profiled that we would like to have them all, since most of us cannot afford buying a few of those amazing real amps in the first place (not to mention where to store them), but buying the profiles of such amps is way cheaper. And yet, we may end up having four packs of the same amp if we wish to be redundant! Perhaps we have not examined the profiles we've already got well enough and in different conditions (try various guitars if we own them, stage levels, bedroom level, headphones, studio monitors, whatever), and there we go searching for more profiles which may or may not be better than the ones we've got. And as it often happens with HIFI, we get used to a sound, then we hear something new and the old sound becomes boring, dull. Coming back to this new Pack Two, the truth is it seems pretty good. I'll probably buy it, but I think I'll wait till I have explored the profiles I've got a bit more!

I'm a newcomer, so I really don't know what's been going on, but I'm sorry to hear somebody who's been helpful for long decides to quit the forum because of some sort of confrontation. We are here to learn and/or help others learn to tame the Kemper and enjoy music. We are all different, play better or worse, have a different age and character, studies, you name it, and we come from all over the world. And yet, we do have things in common, don't we? We are members of the forum because we all own a Kemper and play guitar, and we aren't here to socialize but to talk about music equipment, but friendliness and helpfulness predominate for sure, and I do like that a lot.