Posts by rabatavus

Well there certainly is no limit when it comes to creativity in music, profiling is sort of the same. - so yeah. maybe it is: )

So happy your having some enjoyment!..

my dream combo would be a soldano sl60 and a sunn model T reissue, running through 412s. Any chance for custom requests/orders?

I did that. put all the profiles I have assigned in midi positions as favorites. Deleted all non-favorites. The usb was still plugged to kemper the whole time, I tried import and this time it worked. Weird. and it is named 65 voice AC30...
    I guess I'll never get what went wrong
    Well, back to reuploading all mbritt profiles. Matter of fact, I think I'll stick to just those. so good!

I sorted All rigs and by name. I have 5e3DLX, and it jumps to 67lowman. another question, if I do a backup to the kemper. will I keep the midi assignments? I spent a lot of time setting a pod hd500x as a midi pedalboard...

A little question guys. I made the 5.0 a couple weeks now. Today I bought the 65AC30 pack. When I upload profiles kemper says no import necessary.
    I searched on the browser but can't find the profiles.
    Help?

just pulled the trigger on 6 packs: 69 Marsh, Guytron, D-pack, Driftwood, Jim kelley, and D 100. I went quickly throught them, love jim kelley's cleans, and the marshall is the biggest surprise. love how overdriven profiles clean up by rolling the volume knob.
    With the pack 3, the (excellent) tweed, and colonial, it's pure bliss! :D

By the way, if by any chance you could make a soldano SLO100 / hot rod 50 / SL60 pack with more profiles, you would make a happy customer for life ^^. i bought the pack 3 just for this amp and none of the few in there were what I'm looking for. I'm hesitating about BOC since it has only 7 profiles..
    I think I read someone asking about a sunn model T reissue. I'm backing that one up too!

And a little question, is the kemper able of profiling dual amps setups? have you thought about it?
    thanks!

little update : I changed all the electronics on my guitar. cts 525k pots, .33uf caps, and guild lb-1 pickups(checked 6 months ago and they were not on sale on their website). I was meticulous with the soldering, and as a result I got rid of a hum which was always present on my guitar.

pickups are not wax potted. I can hear now the pick "clicking" each time I hit a string, always wondered how he does that. the bridge sounds better than seymour's too.

I also got rotosound 12-52 flatwound and I'm in love with them. they're smooth which makes slides and bends much easier. And yes the tone on these strings is closer to what I'm looking for. thanks a lot 'Klappy' for the suggestion

I'm looking now at the pickup heights. I'm sure their setup will influence the tone, just need to understand how and why.

thanks for everyone who pointed me to check my guitar, I never thought it would have that much of effect on tone.

@old crow : I found the profile, but even with definition @10 there is still not enough bass...

@waraba : Holy sh*t man! I owe you a million beers for these profiles :thumbup:
    I tried the first profile : concertoarama cranked (VR1); I played along one of their songs, and it is exactly the same voicing. I feel like I'm at 90% close. it's even better if I play the clean parts with a clean profile of this amp, and the distorded parts with one of the cranked profiles.

Respect sir, that's exactly what I wanted, an experience share, I would have never thought about even trying a profile called meazzi concertorama
    (honestly I first thought meazzi was a hint to a mesa boogie ^^)

I need to get the reference manual and really understand what all these tweaking knobs do to get the tone spot on. I'm getting closer. let's see what the flatwound strings will add to the mix

By the way any tips about the pickup set up, anything that comes in mind to do with pickup / poles height that would help the bass sound more deep and tamed, and the highs snappier

Ah the rush! :D

I have pyramid flat .012's on a 64 es-330. I'll try it tonite.
    like previous post, I'd try the woman tone, both pups w tone rolled off on one .

if I got it right, pick up selector on both, and I roll off one tone pot... doesn't matter each one? or should I experiment with both?

I know it's an ernie ball stereo volume pedal, but I don't know which one.

I use the pod hd500x as a volume / effects pedal. its global eq is left flat

A set of strings is on its way. thanks for the tip!

something like that?

D'Addario ECG25 Chromes Flat Wound Electric Guitar Strings, Light, 12-52

I think I already tried some chrome strings, something used for jazz, but it sounded dark, I also was using only a pod hd... I will give it a shot, thanks!

about his rig I read this on one interview :

"Most of our stuff is quite new. I mostly play a Guild Starfire IV which I got new 4 years ago, sometimes I play also a '78 or '89 Stratocaster (of the last one I'm also the first owner). I'd prefer to buy new guitars, so I can put my own vibes in the thing. I don't play any effect or distortion pedals (despite of occasional Wah-Wah) and just change the sound with the use of a volume-pedal so I'm very dependend on Amps which have a good distorted sound on their own and also get a beautiful clean tone when played at low volumes - old amps are mostly built to stay clean up to ear-splitting levels, so my amps are modern types too.... Live I mostly use a Soldano SL 60 and Sunn Model T reissue, each with two Fender GE 412 speaker-cabinets and in case the set-up mentioned before for vocals. I recently bought a very rare and complicated Fender 400 PS of the early 70s, maybe the most powerful instrument tube-amp of all time : ) and an old Sunn "Studio P.A." head from the late 60s. Both amps are in restauration now, which will cost me a fortune, but the amps themselves were really cheap : ) "

An epiphone es 335 dot. changed the nut to a tusq model. all electronics swapped for a 50s wiring, and a seymour duncan vintage blues set (59' neck and bridge) which are the closest in specs I found to LB-1 pickups used in guild starfire IV.

Guitar is tuned to drop C, Strings are D'addario EXL117 to which I change G string for a 24w string.

umm, pick is .73mm dunlop primetone

Please don't tell me I need to change guitar I'm left handed and it's hell finding one... ||

Hello,

Can anyone help me match a tone. I'm getting frustrated after trying so many profiles...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From what I read the sound comes from a parallel set up with a soldano sl60 and a Sunn reissue T. The transition from cleans to that crunch/fuzz is done through a volume pedal. no effect pedals are used.

I heard some sound clips and the two amps sound very similar. so I guess this set up is to get a bigger live sound maybe.

I'm new to guitar, I don't get all the technical terms to describe a tone. what I hear though is that it has a lot of low end, yet when he picks hard higher notes seem like "honking". it's a bit confusing to explain. but when I match the low end treble seems dull compared to his sound. and if I match the highs it sounds thin, especially with distorted sound, all the fuzz is lost.

here's another example where you can hear in the intro riff that contrast between low end and high end

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I tried every free soldano profile out there. Bought TAF pack 10 and some single amps (forgot to enter the code for the 50% discount :cursing: ), Mbritt pack 3, some amps from guidorist and sounside that sounded close on their demos, and still no success.

I would love to hear your insight about it. how would you describe that tone, any eq settings that come in mind? is there some compression or is it coming all from the amp? any profiles you remember that sounded similar?

Thanks in advance!

A little update, I found a headphone amplifier called schiit magni 2. it costs 100 bucks and its output at 600 ohm is 130 mw per channel (260 total?), slightly more than kemper's output.

Anyhow, the sound with headphones through the 6i6 now is even better than directly connected to the kemper. And it's not just the volume which went up, its l'ike the sound was cramped in tiny space and it expanded. pure bliss!! ^^

I am set and ready, no need for monitors, the neighbors will stay happy, all good! :thumbup:

I spent the day reading about headphone amps. The kemper has a 220mw output @600 ohm.
    so if I understood well I need a headphone amp with the same ratings. I looked for some products and they're all around 300$. I guess I'm going for a diet the next month too then ||

@Monkey_Man : if I could roll back the clock I would have 10 years of playing instead of 10 months. Imagine you have all these profiles and only a couple songs under your belt... frustrating!

@JSB : work is keeping me away from home for the next couple days. I will check that as soon as possible.
    Do you by any chance know how the 6i6 drives high impedance headphones compared to the kemper? I remember reading when I was looking for my headphones that sometimes you need a headphone amp for a 600 ohm headphone to get a decent volume.

@Zapman : I still don't have a decent pair of monitors. I read good reviews in here about jbl lsr305 for small room use. I just need to stop slacking and go buy a pair I guess. :D

to everybody else, thanks a lot for your welcome, I really appreciate it.