Posts by secutanudu

I am going to be recording some guitar players in my studio. They want to record with their own amps. I don't currently have a dedicated DI box.

Does it make sense to just use the Kemper as a DI box? I want to record the DI signal (for later re-amping) as well as the signal from the Mics on the amp.

What's the best way to achieve this? Or am I better off just getting a good dedicated DI box?

Thanks!

This may just be a function of how it works, but there's a pretty long "syncing rigs" screen on the every timeI launch Rig Manager in windows. Is that normal? It's slightly frustrating when I want to start and try a new amp, and I have to wait for a couple minutes while the rigs sync. I know I can reduce this time by reducing the number of rigs I have, but I'd prefer not to.

Anything I can do to help? Or do I just need to live with it? Thanks.

OS Version: Public 5.1.0.122774B
    OS Build Date: 1/16/2017

Rig Manager Version: 2.0.19.12893

So this summer i need to bring my Kemper PowerHead with me on a plane. I am hoping I can get it in the overhead, but I might have to check it.

It would be nice if Kemper made a road case for the amp. I am a woodworker and I'm considering making one for it out of wood, but it'll get pretty heavy...

Any suggestions?

Hey all,

I have my Kemper PowerHead plugged into a furman unit on my rack. Is it safe to power the unit on and off via the furman (essentially pulling the power), while leaving the kemper unit in the ON position at all times?

Thanks!

Hey all - new Kemper user here. I just uploaded my first rig, and somehow I got the amp name wrong. It should be a Soldano SLO-100, and it's listed as a Mars SLO 100. Is there any way to get that corrected? Not sure what happened! Would love it to be corrected or even deleted and I can re-upload.

Thanks!

I am planning to buy a Kemper Power Head profiler, to be used primarily in a recording studio situation.

Is there a standard for the "best" way to record? Should I use the speaker out put and mic the cabinet like I'd do with a standard amp? Or is it better to just find or create a good profile, and use the main outputs to go right into my console?

If I chose to go direct into the console, should it be before or after the preamp in the signal chain?

Thanks!

Thanks guys. I'll probably go with the rack since it's fairly accessible in my studio, and I have a few extra spaces.

If, for some reason, I do end up needing a stereo power amp, i could always run the profiler line out to a power amp of my choice, right?

Thanks!

Subject says it all.

I'll be using I primarily in my studio for recording. It could potentially leave the studio VERY rarely, in which case I'd put it in a smaller rack.

Is there any functional difference between the head and rack versions? Maybe anything I haven't thought of?

Also - aside from cost, is there any compelling reason to NOT get the profiler w/ the power amp?

Thanks!