Posts by elemefjot

I've tried picks from Dunlop, D'addario, Alice, Dava... then I saw Eric Johnson on his Total Electric Guitar DVD and decided to give the Jazz III a shot. I started with the XL size, because I thought the standard would be too small for me but... after trying the standard, I haven't looked back. I use either the max grip or the standard depending on the weather conditions if I play outdoors.

Standard for rehearsals and max grip for gigs ;)

Are all those profiled amps on the Rig Exchange? ;) welcome to the forums!

Not yet. Did only a few profiles up to now, and I'm not sure if they're good enough. What about mentioning real Product names (Amps, Speakers, Cabinets) in the Profile data, could that be considered a rights violation?

Hi Kemper-Users,

I registered for the Forum a few months ago but do now find some time to present myself. I started playing Guitar around 1975 and like many of you have a history of different guitar amps, mostly tube-driven. The KPA I bought inm September 2016 hasn't ended the quest for tone, but has made it much simpler.

Amps: (some kept, some sold, many profiled): emthree Gunner, Marshall JMP 2203, Rivera TBR 1M, Fender Princeton Rev, Line 6 Flextone 12 and III Plus, ENGL Sovereign 112, Roland Cube 30X, VHT Special 6, Ceriatone OTS 100, Carol-Ann OD-2r, Bogner Alchemist, Ceriatone Yeti 100.
    Pedals: too many to mention :D

Hope you like the Prisma-enhanced profile picture of my profiler.

Cisco

Hi Einar,

Just tried it out, with my 1x12 EVM 12L without cab sim, and through headphones, using my Strat with neck PU, as you suggested. Yes, it definitely has an SRC vibe. I had to turn down the Guitar Volume to 2 though. At this setting, I could touch the strings softly for an almost clean sound, then dig in and get quite a bit of overdrive. All of that with an underlying aggressive puch as we had it from SRV. I tried to turn down the gain on the Kemper, and that worked ok, but in fact I'd prefer to use the guitar volume because that would give my more flexibility in a live situation.

I also tried the Di Marzio Pro Track Humbucker that I have on the strat, and that brought me into standard Plexi territory.

Great Rig!

Cheers
    Cisco

Thanks for that information, @Rome. I do understand the argument about the need for double processing, that's true even without a looper. However, I would be disappointed design-wise if the cab sim was indeed the last stage. I might check by applying a large delay and then see if the delayed sound changes when I switch to another cab. Following your explanation, it should. I'll update this thread later.

I have observed that when I record a loop with one rig, then change rigs, the sound of the recorded loop changes. I thought that "post" would mean after any sound coloring stage. Isn't that true?

Details: I observe so through Power Output, with Monitor Cab off, using a Guitar speaker cabinet. At the same time, I observe a sound change with some rigs when I switch the Cabinet section off (although it should already be off with "Monitor Cab off"). If there is such a sound change, it will be the removal of strange noises when I 'really' switch the cabinet off. To me, this indicates an insertion point that <fuzzy>somehow involves part of the Cabinet simulation</fuzzy>. I know this is not logical because post should at least be behind reverb, which is behind cabinet.

Update: There is a similar sound change while playing guitar/not using looper, when I switch the Cabinet section off with "Monitor Cab off" but it just lasts about 1/10 sec.

I have consistently observed the following behaviour of different profiles:

• With a humbucking PU switched to Single Coil and the Pick parameter in the Amplifier Section set to 2.5 sudden volume alterations are produced
    • These disappear when either switching the PU to HB or setting Pick to 0.0
    • They don't seem to appear with low gain profiles.

Maybe you want to check the sound samples documenting the observation. Am I the only one observing this?

My guess is that this is caused by an interference of a "hum cancelling algorithm" with an "attack expander" ("Pick" booster).

I've used the Palmer PAN 02 to profile 5 Amps up to now. Works fine. Once I had the -30dB switch off which caused the Kemper Input to clip obviously. Back on, done.

A pity the Kemper does not provide Phantom Power on the XLR in, hence I have to use a 9V battery in the DI box (and my AKG C 1000 S, for that matter).

@Monkey_Man: There is never too much beer. Seriously: Plugging in a USB stick used for backup of this Kemper could skip the protection code.

@paults: I have the toaster. And optional for sure! I may need it, you don't.

@drog: cool idea. Wouldn't, however, keep the odd guy from e.g. maxing to 600W output and blowing speakers. But useful for other situations.

Kemper engineers are so smart that probably they could easily give us "protection: off | on power-up | for store". I think 4-6 digits would suffice. Or you play a lick that the Kemper remembers ;)

what about a single, global stom that can only be programmed by pasting to it? Wouldnt mess up the System section UI too much and in fact you could use any preferred stomp globally.