Posts by mickrich

I'll reply to the overnight posts on my break.
    Tracking guitars all day today.
    Here is an update to 6SOS with API mic pre for tighter sound.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/98of…4-16%2011-10-34.kipr?dl=0

Sounds good. I love Necroticism.
    I have a Marshall 6100 EL34 which I think is what they used on that album.

I feel like its my birthday with all these free profiles and updates! @mickrich I completely understand if you do not want to answer this but how did you get a tighter sound? What changed from the previous profile?

Same amp settings.
    The API in a tighter sounding pre and I mixed the M201 a little higher for this one.
    Also refined with ESP M1 with Duncan Disortion which is very tight forward guitar

2 cabs done tonight with the 800.
    Time for bed I think. Back in the studio recording a band tomorrow morning.
    MBE's question re single coil and humbucker guitars really got me thinking.
    I think a lot of profiles out there have too much ice pick high mids that becomes exaggerated with single coils.
    I have always avoided these piercing frequencies, both in studio work and now in profiling.
    I think my stuff should work well with most guitars with small tweaks of the main bass, mid, treb, pres controls.
    I have just finished profiling JCM800 into my Marshall 2x12 1936V cab.
    I set the sound up checking with Gibson Les Paul and Fender Tele to make sure it worked well for both.
    If any of you guys could check this with humbuckers and single coils I'd really appreciate it.
    It's JCM800 gain 4 with ts808 (drive zero, level and tone half way up)
    Hopefully it works well.
    Thanks
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8p6…4-16%2000-05-53.kipr?dl=0

I'm practically-speechless, Mick, and believe me brother, that's saying something!

The contrast between your M.O. and another that's top-of-the-board right now is literally overwhelming.

Kudos is almost an inadequate word right now, but it's all I've got, so kudos to you, my man!

Thanks for the kind words.
    I'm really enjoying being part of the Kemper community.
    You guys are making me feel very welcome for a new guy =]
    I have been involved if a few amp related products and have found that finding out exactly what people want and , more importantly, what they think could be improved upon from what's currently available is the key to delivering a great product.
    The feedback I have gathered here has been instrumental in steering me in the right direction and I truly believe I'm going to end up with great profile packs that everyone will love.

I'm so glad you're receptive to feedback - I feel like this is one of the often-skipped parts of discussions regarding profiles. Everyone talks about "sweet spots" on the amp - but for which guitar? My sweet spots for my Fender Jaguar are totally different than my LP!

I've often thought about M. Britt's success and reputation for profiles that work for "almost anyone". He's got a reputation for profiles that require minimal tweaking. He also almost exclusively plays his 3xP90 guitar. Maybe the secret to the "universality" of his profiles is that the amps are dialed in for P90s, which lie pretty much right in the middle ground between Fender singlecoils and PAFs?

Check your messages =]

Still working on the 800 and Silver Jubilee packs.
    I'm not big on Blackstar amps but the Series One cab is great.
    Oversized with standard V30s. Nice brighter alternative to the Mesa oversized cab.
    Would really like opinions on this cab since it will be used along with my other cabs for my packs if people like it (I love it)
    Here is JCM 800 gain 6 with ts808 boost.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/93pu…4-15%2022-18-17.kipr?dl=0

@mickrich you are being extremely generous and I am excited to try out the Mesa profile! Its nice to play guitar instead of being Inspector Gadget trying to figure out how the Kemper works. I have not tried out the API or Neve profiles but I told @mickrich before in a PM how I enjoyed the API in one of his videos. It has a nice sharpness that i prefer in a tone.

Here's my mic pre shootout video in case anyone's interested in seeing it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

@mickrich you are being extremely generous and I am excited to try out the Mesa profile! Its nice to play guitar instead of being Inspector Gadget trying to figure out how the Kemper works. I have not tried out the API or Neve profiles but I told @mickrich before in a PM how I enjoyed the API in one of his videos. It has a nice sharpness that i prefer in a tone.

You will like the Recto.
    Make sure you try the Chuck 8100.
    It's amazing how the 8100 hangs with expensive amps.
    Amazing sound and cheap enough if you can find one.

No, it's Chuck Berry =]
    EDIT: Joke causing confusion.
    It is Chuck Schuldiner's sound I was after =]

Just tested these out with my sennheiser HD 600s. Definitely prefer the API, at least with this tone. There isn't a lot in it, but the API is more crisp and defined when getting my chug on :)

Cool. Thanks. It seems that API is the way to go on the heavier sounds then.

I worked more on the mix today and that profile is exactly what I've been looking for.

@mickrich you have no idea how frustrated I've been with the Kemper. We share a very similar taste in tone. I'm ready to pre order your profiles man. That's how much I like this one profile. It would be awesome if you could profile a different head that would work on the other side with this one.

Check your messages ;]
    Edit: I sent this to schreckmusic by PM but now I feel guilty for not sharing it =]
    TS808 to Triple Rectifier to Rectifier cab.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j17…4-05%2012-50-36.kipr?dl=0

Using 6SOS for recording guitars today.
    It sounded so good for the guide tracks, we went with it for the main guitar tracks rather than setting up the real amp. :)

Great.
    It's like you read my mind.
    I avoid the harsh high mids at the expense of recording a bit darker.
    It's easier to add a bit of presence later than deal with 4K shit.
    Really appreciate the comments.

Nice schreck! Check out the EVH's he put up earlier, they're even better in my opinion. Better than some commercial stuff out there. Gotta love that Michael keeps working and experimenting to make the profiles really nice. I started following his posted profiles a week ago when he initially was trying things out for feedback and his profiles have really made leaps and bounds since then. :thumbup:

Thanks.
    You guys are really helping me get to the sound I'm chasing.
    Every bit of feedback is leading to small tweaks that are all adding up.

Here is a recording using the 6SOS Recto TS. Tons of post FX but thats more for tape sim and mastering. Really enjoying it so far! The clip prob sounds like crap because my ears are fried at the moment :thumbup:

Edit: @nightlight try out this profile brother!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Great clip \m/
    Sounds full and fat and doesn't have the ice pick high mids that I hate and am striving to avoid.
    Check out the EVH too.
    Although it's a different head, it's quite similar and I would love opinions because it will help me re SM57 and E906.
    While they are both great mics for putting on a cab, they have different mid range.

Home from a long day in studio but you make some very good points that have got me thinking re specific hum bucker and single coil profiles for clean and crunch amps. You are absolutely correct that you would want different amp eq for a les Paul and tele.
    I'm in studio sessions until Tuesday but I will do a test with 2 specific profiles on a mid gain amp and post them here to see what you guys think. Great idea