Posts by Mattes

I had a similar experience with my Kabinet. In the last two weeks i hat the opportunity to have 4 rehearsals with two bands in two different sized rooms. In both rooms i had that same problem in the beginning: The sound was muddy and very indirect or indifferent. I had to turn up the volume to a much higher level, than usually. My solution to this problem was simply to put the cabinet on keyboard stand in order to make it sound more direct to my ears and to increase the mid and the high frequencies just a little bit and to turn down the bass a little bit as well. I also try to keep the distance between the Kabinet and my ears low, not more than 2 m. That helped me a lot!

Since the Kone in the Kabinet apparently has a wider beam than a guitar speaker in its cabinet, it 'fills' the room with your guitar sound much faster and more at a lower volume. In order to get the same 'beam volume' as you were used to by your old guitar speaker, you need to turn up the volume. That make it even muddier. The more distance you have between your ears and the Kabintet, particularly if it is standing on the ground (huge impact), the more you will have of this 'unwanted sound'.

My other experience was the fact, that the Kone definitely sounds different in different cabinets. I have a Kone installed in a Suhr 1x12 cabinet too, which sounds different to the Kemper Kabinet. It has more focus and a stronger representation of the mid frequencies. I have decided to take the Kemper Kabinet for home use and the Suhr Cabinet for the first band. The second band will require a different solution. I'm thinking about replacing the speakers in my other Marshall 1936 against two Kones and use that for the second band.

Hope it will help you.

Vielen Dank für die Anregung!

Hat leider nicht geholfen. Das Geräusch war immer in gleicher Art zu zu hören. Ich habe es während jedes einzelnen Schritts ausprobiert.

Nachdem ich heute noch weiter getestet habe, habe ich etwas ziemlich kurioses herausgefunden. Man kann dieses üble Störgeräusch beseitigen, indem man einfach ein anderes Cabinet wählt. Wohlgemerkt: Ein anders Cabinet, welches im Imprint Modus, in dem das Problem ja ausschließlich auftritt, eigentlich gar nicht benötigt werden sollte, weil der Imprint Modus sein eigenes 'Cabinet', bzw. den Speaker davon, errechnet.

Ich habe hier als Beispiel ein Rig eines meiner Amps mit dem Störgeräusch und hier das gleiche Rig mit einem anderen Cabinet ohne das Geräusch hinterlegt. Es klingt bei mir im Imprint Modus, bis auf das Störgeräusch, vollkommen identisch. Cab off natürlich nicht mehr ;).

Wer Lust hat, der kann es ja mal ausprobieren. Es würde mich wirklich interessieren, ob das Geräusch nicht nur bei mir zu hören ist, sondern bei euch auch.

So wars bei mir nicht. Das klingt ganz anders. Hast Du mal nen anderen Speaker versucht? Nur obs an der Kette liegt?

Ja klar! Andere Box, anderer Speaker, andere Endstufe. Alles probiert. Hat nichts geändert. Was ich oben noch vergessen hatte: Es hängt durchaus auch vom gewählten Imprint ab, wie stark das Störsignal ist. Das, was ihr hört, ist der Jensen P10R.

Ich helfe mir erst einmal, indem ich kein Spring Reverb mehr verwende. Jedenfalls nicht bei diesem Profile;).

Ich schließe mich hier mal mit einem ähnlichen Problem an. Es ist mir erst nach einigen Minuten Spielen aufgefallen. Es handelt sich um eine Art Klingeln (hochfrequentes Geräusch) auf dem Sound aus dem Kabinet und es ist in der ersten Datei sehr gut zu hören. Passieren tut es nur im Kone Modus mit Imprint on. Man hört es besonders laut auf der offenen G Saite und bemerkenswert ist auch, dass man es durch Ein- oder Ausschalten des Spring Reverbs verstärken, bzw. fast nicht mehr wahrnehmen kann. Ich dachte erst, dass es ohne Spring Reverb komplett weg sei, aber beim Anschlag der Saite ist es trotz abgeschaltetem Reverb immer noch ganz leicht zu hören. Andere Reverb-Typen wirken sich nicht so extrem, wie das Spring Reverb aus.

Ich bin mir ziemlich sicher, dass es der Kemper selbst und hier speziell der Imprint Algorithmus verursacht, da ich es sowohl mit mehreren Endstufen (Camplifier / ISP stealth), als auch mit einer anderen Box, in der ein herkömmlicher Speaker verbaut ist, ausprobiert habe und dabei immer das gleiche Ergebnis bekam.

Kone Modus ein, Imprint ein, Spring Reverb ein -> Artefakt laut (Datei 1)

Kone Modus ein, Imprint ein, Spring Reverb aus -> Artefakt leise (Datei 2)

Kone Modus ein, Imprint aus, Spring Reverb ein -> Kein Artefakt (Datei 3)

Kone Modus aus, Cab ein, Spring Reverb ein -> Kein Artefakt (Datei 4)

Aufgenommen habe ich den Sound des Kabinets im Raum mit meinem Telefon auf ca. 50 cm Abstand am unteren Rand des Kabinets. Die Aufnahme entspricht ziemlich exakt dem, was ich auch auf größeren Abstand im Raum gehört habe. Das Profil ist ein 57 5e3 Tweed Deluxe (J 1) von Tone Junkie.

Falls jemand dazu eine Idee hat...

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What are your thoughts now that you've had a week or so? These look incredibly interesting to me.

To be honest, it works better than i expected. The result was, that my band mates asked me what has happened to the guitar, because it was way more 'indifferent' and in fact, it was. That is of course nothing negative, but you need to get used to it :)

Another major difference between my suhr 1x12 and the barefeet cabinet is the difference in frequency response. The barefaced sounds more scooped, despite the exactly same speaker model in both cabinets. That's a matter of taste and i'm still undecided which one i like more.

Got one yesterday. Ordered it 4 weeks ago. I only had the opportunity to test it here at home, but it sounds incredibly 'big' for 1x12 cabinet. And the dispersion is way better, compared to my old 1x12 closed cabinet. You can already hear that here in my room.

I am very curious how it will sound on the rehearsal next monday.

Greetings to everybody reading this! You may ask: what is Schwerte? Schwerte is a small town in germany, only about 40km southeast from the Kemper company in Recklinghausen. Despite the really close distance, it took me way too long to find this 'magic tone machine'.

After reading this forum for several months, i'd like to share my experiences with you. I owe a toaster for 9 months now.

Before i had it, i was really skeptical about modeling amps. This was based on my experience with all kind of modelers, that i've tried and used in the past, starting with the very first line 6 pod. And i still am, with one exception ^^ . I'd never tried an Axe or an eleven rack, but i did try a helix before buying the Kemper. Not really bad, but not good enough to convince me. An almost complete effect section and a great gui, but almost all amps sounded liveless too me, at least after reducing it to the raw amp. This is in totally opposite to the Kemper. I remember when i used it the very first time, i played an AC 30 preset, the first one from the factory setup after initially booting, with almost no effects, probably a little reverb, and i was totally blown away. I wasn't expecting something so amp like and direct.

In the first place, i had bought the Kemper to practice and for home recording only, but after a few weeks i became very curious about how that device would work in a real band context. At that time i had a Tube Thomsen 5161 in my band, which sounded absolutely stunning, at least the 2nd channel, but was something like a one trick pony for me. So i asked a friend, if he would lend me one of his yamaha dsr 112 to check out the Kemper on a rehearsal. The result was to sell the Tube Thomsen and to buy the Kemper remote and a FRFR cabinet, here a Dynacord AXM 12 A. This decision was made after considering many opinions in lots of threads on this forum. Thanks so much for that!

This lasted for a few months and i bought a second FRFR (same model) to play in stereo. But to be honest, i'm not the FRFR guy. It simply does not sound and behave (and as a result: feel) like a real guitar cabinet. It does not match to what i've been used all the years before at all. I can't describe it technically, but to me there is something too less and something different too much in terms of frequency, especially in the low mids/bass. Hence i decided to renounce the flexibility to have always the amp's matching cabinets with the rig, since i prefer more to achieve my usual monitor sound. I'm using my old 1960A in stereo mode now which is driven by a vht 2502 and i'm absolutely happy with that setup! So are the other guys in my band. This is only for rehearsal! In order to avoid neck pain, the setup is reduced to a small power amp and a 1x12 cabinet when playing live.

Could have saved lots of money, but not without being sure to have made the right decisions for me :D .