Posts by Roeffel

Why?, wouldn’t that add character when the amplifier goal is to be as transparent as possible?

There's cool comparison on youtube from Eyschpi42

comparison

I use BAM200 from TC electronic (not for my kemper because it's powered), but comparable with the SD.

I's probably go for the orange, I put the amp on the cab , not on the pedalboard. I think that the class AB gives this extra dimension to the sound. I used to have a Redsound RS12 LG Neo with a class AB amp inside, it does sound less steril compared to class D

Raf

I have a UR44C with same preamps. The sound from my monitors sounds just like the sound from my 7506 headphones. Only one is right by your ears.

I mean the sound compared to straight from the kemper's headphone out compared to headphone out from the UR22 when monitoring the kemper thru the front xlr inputs ... huge difference

Raf

I bought a focusrite Scarlett 8i6 to use the kemper with it's Spdif output.

I also wanted the best sound possible, the XLR to my old steinberg Ur22 was really not giving the sound I got from the headphone out.

It works flawless and as expected ... superiour sound due to the spdif. The AD/DA convertors on the headphone out from the kemper are much higher quality then the ones from the older steinberg.

Only pitty is that the scarlett is not switching back to internal spdif when the kemper is switched off ...

So playing with kemper : spdif from 8i6 should be set to spdif and put to spdif internal when the kemper is switched off

Raf

I was looking at the BAM200 at MF and read multiple reviews that complained it has no power and they doubt the 200W claim. They say it seems more like 30 or 40W and would only be good for maybe an acoustic gig. Would this be because they're going through higher ohm speakers maybe? Those that use it with the KONE seem pretty thrilled and I don't recall any power complaints. Is it adequate power for a large venue?

I wired my cab to 4 ohm ... 8 ohm would be more then enough too, also deends on how hot the input signal is !

Raf

If I were you i'd get a good class D poweramp and drive a normal guitar cab. The FOH get's the XLR output including IR's. You get the sound you're used to as backline.

I tried FRFR but in the end I went back more traditional ... don't like the plastic PA kinda options ala headrush ...

Not they they sound bad, imho I like the amp-in the room sound better, don't care about flat speakers mimiqing the real deal ...

In the end it's a matter of taste

Raf

ps: I have a powered kemper hooked up to a 2x12 zilla cab with K100 and V30, use a hx stomp with a cheap tc electronic BAM200 when I only want to carry a cab and backpack ;-)

I wired my zilla to run at 4 ohm's to get the full power of the bam ... 8 ohm might do it as well , 16 ohm probably when the input signal is hot ... I prefer not to push it to the limit !

I must admit, I only use the bam together with a helix stomp as backup/rehearsal solution !

Raf

Are there adapters to do this?

"use bypass @ stop and disengage on 5% with the stomp"

this I don't understand...

just get a cable from 2x mono jack to one time TRS (I have them angled) : EBS ICY-30 Y-Insert Flat Cable

You don't need a switch on the expr pedal to get the wah running, moving it on the kemper to enable and putting it to heel position around 5% should disable it as well ...

...I tried that, didn't get it to work. I think the Out 1 of the EP1 needs TRS. Out 2 needs Mono. So a Y cable Mono-Mono-TRS will not do...

Then make the TRS female from the EP1 to accept a mono jack or replace it ... btw I don't use the switch of the mini's and on the EP1 with the kemper remote , use bypass @ stop and disengage on 5% with the stomp ...

Both the remote and stomp have 2 expression pedals , one to morph blend in leads , the other for wah ... no need to use their switches ;-)

Raf

Thanks a lot, that helped. I managed to make the Volume or Wah work. What doesn't work is using the switch of the EP1-KP at the same time. At the moment I am using one TRS cable connecting Out 1 of the EP1 with the EXP1/2 of the Stomp. Is it somehow possible to use a certain cable to connect both outputs of the EP1 with the EXP1/2-Input of the Stomp and then use the EP1 Switch and Expression pedal? Thanks

I guess you could use a Y cable , 2 mono jacks from the mission to one TRS ...

Raf

...would be great. I tried it and don't get it to work: The EP1-KP has 100% in the middle position and 0% on both ends (all the way up and down) of the pedal. Don't know if it is the settings or it just won't work. Thanks for the help!

It's a setting thing in the stomp, you need to invert the signal in the setup menu ... encountered the same issue !

so go to global settings : preferences : pg2 : exp1 TIP , EXP2 ring : inverted tip polarity ; pg 3 inverted ring polarity ...

Thats it ...

Raf

I assume most pedals are the same, it's for the fanboys who want a "matching" pedal ...

I usa a stomp with 2 dunlop dvp mini's , and a remote with two missions, I could try to test if you'd want me to !

Raf

I went back to standard guitar cabs, Although the redsound RS LG12 neo sounds marvelous (for sale btw) my thoughts were why bother mimicking a V30 while you can play the real deal. I thought I needed FRFR or GRFR because we all wanted, but in the end as long as the FOH get's a sound incl IR it's all good. I have a powered kemper but use a TC electronic BAM200 with a Helix stomp to drive a 4ohm 2x12 zilla cab. Love it !

Raf