Posts by Roeffel

Ok will test more ... btw I did not see any FX or stomp preset in the list , emtpy tables ... While pressing and holding the stomp/Fx button , pressing store : stomp section only or effect section only (you can enter the name which is default EFFECTS PRESET and STOMP preset) they don't appear unless renamed ! I'll investigate and open a support ticket this evening !

Raf

OK updated my power rack , I do notice (every update) that the kemper won't finish it' s cycle unless rig manager is closed (or not even running)

I also noticed (as with the previous release) that stomp and FX presets are not stored !! This is only the case when not renaming them and keep them named as "stomp preset" and "effects preset" , changing one character is enough to store it !!

Anyone else noticed this ? please try !

Raf

Although I also play GRFR (Redsound RS LG12 Neo, active 400 w 1x12 cab), I do miss my 2x12 diezel cab. At first I thought i'd want to fully benifit from FRFR and hear all the nuances in the sound ! At the end I suppose I couldn't care less , a good cab will sound good as well ! I must admit now I use a helix stomp as backup, which is really nice considering the active cab. It would be possible with a passive cab unless I'd buy a one of these small SS amps. So in a nutshell , I do miss playing through a 4x12 (probably get a vertical 2x12) but the convenience of an active cab is great as well. The redsound gives me the sound I want (it's class a/b amp), is loud as hell but the only downside is that it sits close to the floor (1x12) so you need to be at a fair distance to hear it properly ... tilting it would solve this I guess (lifting would loose the bass response).

So in the end both have there pro's and con's ... Once you have one, you desire the other ;) , why can't we just settle huh !

Raf

Honestly if you are that close to any speaker it will travel past you, so not a guitar cab vs FRFR although I feel FRFR has a better spread. I'm surprised you can't hear that much difference.

Any reason you've not gone for a wedge? No issue with sound projection there. You could go Yam DXR10...

I owned an atomic CLR once, didn't use it as a wedge, just straight backline on top of a 10U 19 inch rack ... As a monitor other bandmembers probably won't hear me ...

If I lift the redsound, it looses bassrespons , so the one speaker it has sits close to the ground ... hence in the manual it says you should be a few meters away from the cab to hear it properly ... they do sell this crazy expensive tilt block , maybe I should try tilting a bit

Raf

Did anybody try it with a Crybaby mini? I have ordered all the parts, hope they all fit.

I'm doing this , although it didn't turn out as I expected ... I need to fabricate a small bracket that holds the potmeter. The one I bought was too big so it did not fit/align in the space where it should rest ...

Hope to continue this week, was kinda pissed that I didn't go that well , now feel like starting again :)

Raf

ps : this is for my backup helix stomp !

OK here's the deal , I bought this superb Redsound RS LG-12 Neo active speaker. I really love the way it sounds. Here's the problem, at rehearsal I'm really close to the cab and while it sits on the ground (needed for nice bass respons) the sound escapes from me. Tilting or lifting I don't like btw. I played over a friends marshall 1936 with cab sim off and liked it better. On stage there's no issue and I can even hook up my helix stomp as backup (which isn't the case instead of a passive cab)

So probably I'll get a vertical 212 to get at least one speaker at a height that I can hear myself better. I could also sell my Redsound and get one of those small SS amps to amplify the helix ...

Any suggestions for a vertical cab ?

Raf

ps : I sold a diezel 2x12 which I regret now because I thought I wanted a FRFR solution, but to be honnest don't feel like I need or hear that much difference (rock/metal). Also like the redsound a lot :)

Although I should fine-tune at one point , you should dial in the sounds at gig-level volumes.

Go with your fav profile and tweak the amp settings , definition, clarity ...

Guess that's the easiest way instead of going with eq'ing ?

Raf

I used to play over a normal diezel 2x12 cab but also wanted the full benefit of the profiles so went FR ...

I got a passive CLR which was heavy as hell but to me sounded to pristine not guitar cab like. Because I always wanted a backup device (HX stomp btw) a active solution was the way to go. I ordered A redsound RS LG12 Neo (400 watt class A/B with 12 inch custom designed neo speaker) and i'm still blown away by this. Sounds massive , pure guitarsound nothing HiFi (It's GRFR), dunno if the class A/B has something to do with it ? It's really loud , you need to stand min 1.5m away from it to hear it properly because it sits on the floor (hence nice bass reponse) ...

Really happy with it , lightwight , massive sound

Raf

ps : had it next to a friedman ASC12 once and could'nt believe how bad that one sounded through the same patch (thin, no body whatsoever)

My guess still is that CK brewed a magic potion to emulate the sound af a speaker without the mic component (to get that out of the equation)

Meaning we can all use direct profiles instead of IR's (cab+mic) to get the amp in the room sound we all seem to "miss"

Raf

For me the kone is the thing I really look forward to the most. I'm sure it will take the amp in the room feeling to a whole new level and pull these guys who hate the mic'ed amp sound back in the game. I'm really curious how the speaker will sound and if I'd only start using direct profiles and leave all studio and IR's behind me :)

Raf