Posts by Roeffel

Same here, use it as a backup and even at rehearsal ... does the job very well , use FS3 as "morph" so kicks in the leads as my expr pedal does with the kemper. I even bought a dunlop mini wah that I still need to convert to expr pedal to use as wah !

Raf

ps : other guitarist thinks the helix sounds better then the kemper :o , with the current preset it indeed sounds more open , more clarity ... I do need to try other rigs (use a redsound RS-LG12 neo)

Does this mean I can play live without a power amp if i'm using active cabs? It sounds like it but.....not sure.

Off course it does mean that , I have a powered kemper but got myself a RS-LG12 Neo 400 w and don't use the internal poweramp anymore ... Got myself a line6 helix stomp as backup rig too ... very handy

In case there's a cab available I'd still use the internal poweramp

Raf

No i mean when i change my input to alternative input (which i use for my wireless) i get a lot of noise on my output (led continuesly Green), even when No Jack is connected to the alt input... Only occures in this setting, not when i switch back to front input...

Raf

Hi guys , my alternative input became very noisy ! Even with no input signal the output LED is slightly lit !

Turning the input selection to front it's gone ... no jack connected to the alternate input either !

Somebody else faces this issue ?

hardware failure ? should I open up a support ticket ?

Thx

Raf

Guys , i'm still looking for the ultimate Iron maiden profiles , all eras ...

Got some commercial profiles from tj sonic (the gallien krueger one)

Mbritt jmp/ada pack

Some top jimi's

So whats the most complete marshall pack that get's me in the ballpark ? I'd prefer direct or merged because love the way how the ML sound lab IR's sound ...

I found a direct jmp 2203 profile from liam thomson on the rig exchange that is almost there , just a bit to punchy ...

Any idea to get rid of the oomph while palmuting ?

Thanks

Raf

Hey guys , just wanted give some feedback for the ML Sound Lab IR's ... I initially bought a cab pack for my helix stomp that I just bought. I really love how they open up the sound from the Helix. I wanted to convert them to kipr files but wasn't able to ... I chatted with Mikko on FB about the problem and he was so kind to send me correct kipr files !

I must say he's a genuine expert in creating IR's (hence you can buy his IR's directly from the fractal site) , Now i'm about to try some IR's from him with some direct profiles from the kemper

So I can only highly recommend his IR' (I got the jubilee one btw, his MIX Ir's are superb !)

Raf

Congratulations at first! But: I think any speaker standing on the ground will produce a bit more oomph than a speaker standing on a rack. It is no fair comparison if you use two different placements.

Congratulations at first! But: I think any speaker standing on the ground will produce a bit more oomph than a speaker standing on a rack. It is no fair comparison if you use two different placements.

The reason I placed the CLR on the rack was because it was too boomy on the floor

Raf

Ok , finally after almost 2 moths I got to try my RS in a band situation.

Although I didn't optimize my sounds for this new setup it sounded awesome (came from a passive CLR)

Only activated pure cab (at 3) , had to stand-up against a 4x12 marshall with mesa dual rectifier head and it sat great in the mix.

Really punchy and tons of clarity. Really happy with it. I used Topjimi's Jerry Cantrell's friedman

With the CLR on top of a rack I missed some depth in the sound , now the RS on the ground got the punch back without the oomph to be overwelming !

Probably will tru the kemper cone at one point , after trying the original one with the upcoming update !

I really need to invest some time to optimize it all :/

Raf

I wonder if this is speaker or circuit related ...

Raf

I've got the active LG 12 neo , so the 400 watt version, i'd like to see test the new upcoming kemper cone inside it at one point, can you take a pic of the speaker originally from te redsound ?

Also wonder because mine is guitar range, not full range this is limited by the speaker of the circuit ...

Thanks

Raf

My guess is the CK found a way to direct capture the speaker cone movement without a secundairy device Aka the mic , capturing the air movement and do the opposite of the speaker ....

actually i'm glad that we all can benefit from the cone feature and not only the dedicated cab ... flat is flat

Raf

I think CK found a way to eliminate the mic from the equation, so merged/direct profiles , kemper cone on and instant amp in the room sound with V30 or celestion 75 ...

Raf