Posts by Roeffel

OK , yesterday at rehearsal I quickly went over the rigs for each band that sounded familiar thru headphones ...

Damn , the differences in rig was barely noticable :O

So bogner,mesa,mashall sounded more or less the same ... it's obvious for me know that using a guitar cab , indeed "messes" up the details in each rig !

Perhaps I should give a passive FRFR speaker a try !

Raf

Merged profiles are from FW 3 up

I still play thru regular guitar cabs and merged profiles are needed for me as well !

Raf

Ok bought th TJ mesa mark V and the 68SLead , the mesa spot on soundgarden & nirvana

the 68SLEAD great for pearl jam

I was looking for great screaming trees and stone temple pilots : I started going thru some other pack I got and found spot on sounds in the DC/AC pack =O

Used a clean mesa in the pack and addes rotary fast and some delay/reverb : black hole sun was right there :)

Next up testing them on high volume thru guitar cab ...

tempting to check out the big hairy profiles Demeter pack as well

And damn : almost got the TJ 800 or AFD pack as ... barely could resist :D

Raf

When I first got the kemper,My sound guy told me my tone was changing too much on patch changes, I did everything I could to level them out, but when I just used the same M Britt 2-12 cab for all my patches, things got good,Works for me, not saying its for everyone,
    There seems to be a big dif,tone wise,, when I went from a FRT37 clean with a 2-12 open back cab, to a lead / Marshall with a 4-12 closed back, as cool as the concept was, it was not working live, esp, out of the direct outs, With more time and a big room to dial it in, I sure it could have been dealt with,I just found my solution,,
    My 2-cents( worth only $1.75 these days)

Good point , so indeed one cab that fits it all should be nice :)

After some investigation it seems that Soundgarden uses dual rectifier's , nirvana as well ?

Pearl jam Marshalls ? dunno which one

Raf

Top jimi's are really great profiles : the ones marked with M are merged , perhaps there are some direct profiles as well , which means no cab is included (sounds shrill)

you can see in rig manager if cabs are included as well as other information

Raf

I love the maiden sound as well , mbritt has some dave murray settings in his rack pack ...

indeed getting a jmp & marshall poweramp , with the settings that maiden use (available all over the internet) a commercial seller could make a stellar pack :)

Titel Volume Gain Bass Middle Treble Presence OD 1 OD 2 Bass/Sh. Clean 1 Clean 2

Iron Maiden / D.Murray - Rhythm 15 20 6 6 6 2 on - on - -
    Iron Maiden / D.Murray - Lead 18 20 6 6 6 2 - on on - -
    Iron Maiden / A.Smith - Rhythm 15 20 6 2 2 6 on - on - -
    Iron Maiden / A.Smith - Lead 18 20 5 3 6 6 on - on - -

Also a jvm will get the job done

grtz

Raf

Alice in chains is covered with the top jimi bogner überschall ...

I have the ADA pack from BHP , with their latest v2 packs , i might check out some more

Still nirvana , PJ , soundgarden & STP to go ...

Raf

Hey guys , just started a grunge tribute band and looking for some sounds to go with it

Nirvana
    Stone temple pilots
    Alice in chains
    Pearl jam
    Soundgarden (esp black hole sun intro lesley type)

All help is welcome ;)

thanks a lot !

Raf

Du spiellst uber ein normaler gitarren box ? Pure cab soll nicht angeschaltet sein , und auch naturlich nicht die cab simulation bei dieser monitor out buchse ...

Mir gefällen die top jimo profiles sehr gut , bogner uberschall und die SS friedmans sind der hammer ! alle rigs mit ein M sind merged und diese nütse ich

gr

Raf

I once started a thread called "commercial profiles overload" :)

When I just got my kemper 1 year ago I was overwhelmed with all commercial sellers ... because all mentioned Mbritt I bought several of his packs ...

It's some sort of addiction can cost you an arm and a leg if you keep on looking ...

I ended up buying packs from big hairy profiles because I just love old school 80's ADA MP1 and JMP1 sounds

For the moment I only use Topjimi profiles , the merged ones from his SS friedman , medium tweed , blackface and bogner uberschall ... done !

Yesterday I decided to clean up the profiles and deleted all except some LL , Topjimi and some free rig exchange rigs (gsp1101 acoustic , and pault synth)

imho once you are satisfied , stop looking

The temptation stays but ask yourself do I need it ;)

Raf