Posts by veturi

No, if the remote powers up and works other than the back-light, it is 100% for sure not the cable. If the cable is working to power the unit then it is for sure not the cable.

I noticed people mentioned checking the software setting for back-light level, you should also check the physical knob on the back of the remote itself too.

Isn't the physical knob only for display contrast? Anyway, I tried that one also (and the LCD contrast setting from the system menu) and it works: the contrast does change as it should. The only problem is missing backlight from the LCD, otherwise the screen works just fine. Unfortunately it's impossible to read without the backlight in non-optimal conditions (pretty much every single real world scenario). Also all LED lights on the board are working and functionalities seem okay - it's just the backlight and nothing else.

Hi Steve,

Yes, I have. It doesn't matter what value I set it to. The LCD stays unlit with both values: 0 and 16383 (and everything in between). It also doesn't matter if I connect the remote before turning the KPA or after turning it on.

Hi guys,

I received my Kemper remote today. The whole thing is working as supposed to except for one thing: the remote display backlight is not turning on.
    Has anyone encountered this? Is there something I can do about it or do I just need to return this one immediately? Damn, what a bummer!!

All help is greatly appreciated!