Posts by Weightless

Hello guys, could you please help me? After updating to the latest firmware and updating the new reverb presets, the old reverb factory preset are disappeared. I refer to these presets : Bright Hall, Cloud, Dark Hall, Hall, Hall Slapback, Hangar, Large Room, Outer Space, Plate, Small Room, Spring . I don't have them anymore, they were included in the Factory Content. Could you please check if you still have them in your preset list? Or they have been intentionally removed or replaced in the last update? Thank you so much, regards.

Hello guys, could you please help me? After updating to the latest firmware and updating the new reverb presets, the old reverb factory preset are disappeared. I refer to these presets : Bright Hall, Cloud, Dark Hall, Hall, Hall Slapback, Hangar, Large Room, Outer Space, Plate, Small Room, Spring . I don't have them anymore, they were included in the Factory Content. Could you please check if you still have them in your preset list? Or they have been intentionally removed or replaced in the last update? Thank you so much, regards.

Pure cabinet is a great feature and sounds very good, but i found that for recording / mixing i prefer guitars without it. They cut more thorugh the mix and i think my ears are used to hear the microphone fizziness that it takes away.

Too dark? It depends on what guitars and pickups you have. What I heard from the video they don't sound too dark to my ears.

Hello, I tried them in the studio with very bright pickups (EMGs 81/85 and 57/66). Are you guys using them for live application with cabs? Because in the studio they need a massive eq boost on the highs, hard to hear them in a mix without.

Marco is a fantastic guitarist and a awesome guy but i bought the XTC profiles and i have to say that IMHO they could have been EQ'd better. It's just like they have a low pass filter on, it's a pity because they could have been nice ones but at the moment they're definitely too dark sounding. Pick any guitar stem you know and compare. I hope Marco will update them with more accurate EQings.

Hello,
    i'm a big fan of Mr. Wagener, and of his profiles. There's one thing that i don't get in the making of Rokpak profiles. In the signal chain Mr. Wagener posted the guitar goes directly in the amp input without passing thru kemper input and direct out. In that way you can't hear the profile, you can't compare to the real amp and can't refine the profile. Could you please explain that choice? Thank you very much.

Hello,
    i'm a big fan of Mr. Wagener, and of his profiles. There's one thing that i don't get in the making of Rokpak profiles. In the signal chain Mr. Wagener posted the guitar goes directly in the amp input without passing thru kemper input and direct out. In that way you can't hear the profile, you can't compare to the real amp and can't refine the profile. Could you please explain that choice? Thank you very much.

@Weightless You're welcome!
    Until now it worked with the Radial Pro :D (maybe because we use it on the second parallel Speaker outs) But we gonna get a Kemper DI soon.

Hello Guido, i suggest you to not use the Radial Pro to make profiles, you could break your studio equipment or get bad results, i was remembering correctly, the DI you're using is not designed to handle speaker level signals

Hello, this is the answer of Radial Technical Support :

The ProDI is not designed to handle speaker level signals. If you are looking at taking a direct signal from the amplifier head, the Radial JDX48 would be a much better choice. Keep in mind that the JDX48 is not a load box, therefore a speaker must always be connected. Should you want to eliminate the speaker cabinet, then the Radial Headload Prodigy or Headload would be the ideal products to consider.

Thanks, greetings.

Hi, i'm using a behringer ultra g, also borrowed and tried others from friends but seems that something strange happens, other users get the same. P.S. : Do you know if the radial di pro is capable of handling speaker signals?

Any updates? I think studio profiles are actually the way to go, merged / DI profiles still have some points to discuss about. As many users i keep getting strange results with merged profiles and comparing them to the studio one with the exact same settings and setup.

Thank you, i asked you because it seems that some DI boxes do color the sound, giving unwanted results when creating a merged profile and comparing it to the studio profile with the exact same settings and setup. Luckily the one you are using is known as a transparent one. Good night :) Edit : are you sure it is the radial di pro? Because I'm pretty sure it cannot handle speaker level signals. Thx.

i also have this DI box..works very well. There is no pad needed...most times the Kemper return level preamp even powers the level a bit...if its really loud the Kemper return goes back to about -5db from my experience

Hello,
    do you mean you have the Kemper Profiles DI Box?Did you use that to do all your merged profiles? I bought almost every package you made, i would like to know which DI Box you used, if it's possibile, thanks, bye.