Posts by bcnx71

Hi all - reamping question: I am reamping via SPDIF and a recorded a clean DI track which is definitely not too loud. Next step was to feed this track to the Kemper's SPDIF input while input is set to "SPDIF Input Reamp" and output back to the main output. In the reamping track the audio is now way too hot, even with a clean profile. I need to turn down the DI track to the absolute minimum to get a bearable sound and the audio is then very clicky and digital. What am I doing wrong? I also played with Clen Sens and Distortion Sens, to no avail.

Cheers!

BC

Hi,

thanks for the swift reply. I read somewhere that Git Studio setting provides with the loudest DI signal, so maybe that is the way to go.
    You're basically saying that there is no real advantage to go for a purely digital solution as the analog signals are very good as well. OK, got that. I will experiment now with setting the S/PDIF output to Git Studio and recording the Master Stereo on the Main Output. There is still some confusion on Clear Sens, Dist Sens and Reamp sens., but there seem to be quite some posts on that, so I should be able to work that out myself.

On we go,

cheers,

BC

OK, thank you for that.
    I am currently in the process of reamping via S/PDIF. I wonder what would be the best setting for being able to also record the processed signal digitally. After consulting your how-to and the manual, it seemed the way to go was to set the S/PDIF output to Git/Stack and to record the right channel, but the manual points out this signal does not include the Effects section, so that signal might not contain the whole signal if effects are used after the stack section.
    Would it be a solution to set the S/PDIF output to Git/ Master Left and record on the right channel?
    The alternative would be to set S/DPIF to Git Studio, but then I would have to leave the digital domain and record the analog Master Out.

Cheers!

BC

Hi,

you said : " Alternatively, if you want to hear the effected sound on the right channel and the DI signal on the right, set the mode to Git/Stack."
    Shouldn't the second "right" be "left"? I just try to avoid some confusion.

Thanks for the how to!

BC