Posts by vjau75

I have just bought a Scarlett 6i6 which is an USB audio interface with 4 analog line inputs et 1 spdif input, which seemed appropriate for the Kemper.
    The problem is i wanted to use the two rear analog inputs to connect my Kemper but those two inputs have a fixed gain which is very very low. I have to set the Kemper output to -5 dB, the interface input to +6 dB, and the daw input to +6 dB to get peaks that reach painfully the -12 dB mark on the Vue-meter.
    I can use the front inputs, which don't have this problem, but this blocks the input if i want to record a mic at the same time or go straight into the interface with my guitar.
    I have mailed the support service for help, but in the meantime i wanted to know if anybody here was having the same issue and if there was a solution.
    Thank you.

Hi everyone,
    i was wondering if this configuration could be possible :
    - recording of the DI through SPDIF Out
    - recording of the full stereo post stack with effects sound
    - reamping through SPDIF In, with the resulting stereo signal coming out from the previous analog out.

I would like to record full Stereo sound from the Kemper, and a the same time be able to keep a DI track in case i changed my mind and would want to reamp the track or do a multi rig (throug reamping) recording.
    Also would mixing digital and analog cause synchronization (delay) problems ?

Now is a great time to buy digital gear. Remember back 25+ years ago when we bought a device and that was it? No updates or FREE upgrades. I wonder how companies like Kemper are cash flow positive with constant FREE updates and upgrades? Sure the Kemper is not cheap, but I only paid once. They even repaired it since it was under warranty with fast shipping.

The free updates make new user want to buy one.
    Also it makes a five years old (which R&D cost has been repaid, and whose cost to manufacture has decreased) more economically rewarding. Have you seen many electronic products whose price is INCREASING with the time passing ? It's what happens with the Kemper. Thanks to free updates.

This seems cool. One more vote for samples.

I have a question, which is perhaps stupid, what's the point of having both a merged and di profile ? If you turn the cab OFF on a merged profile, don't you get the same result ?

About making current users happy : it enable them to continue selling the Kemper 1. With the years passing, we can guess manufacturing cost have decreased, initial development cost have been covered. At the same time, the price of the unit has increased (and not decreased as it is usually the case). I would guess they are making a lot more money selling their product now than five years ago when the unit was brand new.
    As long as the Kemper 1 is selling well, there won't be a Kemper 2 (that could be different for a floorboard version, which can be a parallel release). Releasing major updates and making their current user base happy is what make new user buy the product, reassuring them that this product is here to stay.

If there's plans for a new KPA in the next couple years, developing an editor for the old KPA would be a waste of resources, since a new editor will need to be built from scratch to work with the hardware and GUI of a new KPA. At least development of reverbs would be something that could be incorporated into new products.

When they release a Kemper 2, i guess most of the hardware/software architecture will be reused, just improved : more memory, a faster CPU, more features. But it would be very strange for them to start from scratch.

Guys, i had hoped we could limit our wishes to CLASSIC ODs.
    The Tube Screamer is a classic. Everyone knows what it is, and most people have tryed one at least one time.
    When you look for an OD in the Kemper, you are hoping to find at least a Tube Screamer in it.
    What i would like to know, is if there are at most 5 ODs missing in the Kemper that everyone think are classic that should be included.
    Not your favorite boutiquish, known by three people including you, released last month, OD of the week. ;)
    If you don't agree, please say so.