Posts by vjau75

Hi, as you know the Kemper is currently lacking on the OD front. There is the tube screamer which gives good results, so it could be useful to have other pedals recreations to play with.
    However, I understand that Kemper Gmbh ressources are not infinite so we could perhaps agree on a list of five (arbitrary number) "classic" OD (nothing too exotic), we would like to have on the Kemper.
    I propose too limit this list to "unique" designs (no clone), and to stay away from pedals that are recreating amps (since we can do amps already with the Kemper).

What do you think?

If you agree, please reply with the ODs you miss in the Kemper, I will compile them to create the top five of community wanted ODs in the Kemper.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,
    the kemper "profiles" market is very active (some may say oversaturated), but i find we are lacking "rigs" type offering. I will explain myself.
    What i call a "profile" is an amplifier centered product. The profile intend to replicate the sound of a known amplifier. This is a dream for lurkers like us who would like to own every existing amp on the market.
    As many of you, i have bought lots and lots of profiles. In the end, i find they sound very similar, how many variations of a crunch tone do you have ? Could you guess which is which if we choose one of you profiles in the Kemper randomly ?
    On the other end, you have products i would call "rigs", which try to recreate the sound of an artist or of a musical style, with a combination of a base amp sound and multiple effects meticulously programmed. With the other modelers where you cannot create profiles, this is the offering that you may buy or share, what they call "presets".
    I find that with the added possibility of the kemper to create "profiles", we are loosing the sharing of plain old "presets". IMHO, this is sad, since the Kemper has a lot of good and powerful effects, which are not so easy to master.
    I have recently bought a rig pack by RIgbusters which recreate the sound of famous songs from the Pink Floyd. I find this pack quite good. We need more of those preset type offerings.
    Thank you

Hi @bigb611, i have been playing with your profiles found on the RE. There is this profile that i really like, named "JCM 800 LG Fredman". I have been playing with it for the last two weeks. I was just about to create a thread about it on the forum and i discovered your thread.
    Thank you very much for it, it's one of my favorites profiles on the Kemper.

I have all the Kemper parameters under my control (as DonPetersen can more aptly describe). Yet going back to the example described by vjau75, there are also dimed Bluesbreaker profiles ready to go.

In case you’re wondering, part of this question is rooted in why should I keep all of my pedals! But the other part is why use the OD stomps and mess with reconfiguring unity gain, when I can just select a hotter amp profile? In a nutshell, that’s the basis of my question.

In theory, you should have just a few profiles, and put them in premade rigs with all the settings or better with performances. That is if you are a well organized musician doing rigs.
    But if you are like me, just a hobbyist playing at home with the kemper with hundreds of profiles, most of which i don't really need, the OD stomp becomes a parameter you can play with on the fly. And then with the push of a button, the 600 rigs in my kemper became 1200...
    When there is a sound i like with the bluesbreaker style stomp added, i could perfectly well try to recreate it with another profile, but that would not be necessary easy, and it would take time. For me this stomps adds fun to my experience. Nothing more.

When i put my Blues Crab (bluesbreaker stomp clone) in front of my Kemper, with every profile it gives me an interesting result : more gain, more dirt, more bite, more clarity, more top end....
    Could i get the same result by dialing a few knobs ? Probably. But i would have to dial a lot of knobs, save the result in an additionnal rig....
    I like very much the fact that when there is a rig i like, if i click on my blues crab, i will get another rig that i like, but with a different sound.

As you have guessed, the profiler has no way to know how the reference amp would have behaved with the knobs altered. So HIS behaviour comes in play, and you end up with the Kemper model, which may be close (by chance!) or not close at all from the reference amp.

At Bax Shop the DXR10 is still available (9 in stock as I post this) but the price has gone up too, like in Sweden.
    They sell it at € 664,-!!!!

I guess they all aligned their price on Thomann, but now that T is out of the game they come back to usual price.

The problem is still there with latest firmware, i put a usb stick in my Kemper, it ask "are you sure" to format it, but nothing happen when i click on yes or no.
    Shutting it done with the chicken knob resolved it (althought the shutdown screen was also missing), but i think it's a bug.

I use a Donner "blues crab", which is a cheap Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal clone.
    It's only use is as a "dirt boost" (a slight boost that makes your signal more dirty). I have tried to reproduce this effect with the available stomps in the kemper or by fiddling with amp settings, but with no success.
    I hope the stomp section will be improved in the future for OD, the green scream is pretty cool so i think most of the "classic" OD should be implemented.