Posts by vjau75

ckemper i think you made a marketing mistake there.
    You have sold to the users the promise that they could profile an infinity of amps and then get an infinity of different sounds (actually i don't think you ever said that, but it's what the users wanted to believe). I'm in the camp that speculate that the Profiler actually use a few well designed generic models whose parameters are set by the profiling process, then seasoned by some impulse response to account for the cab/mic part.
    This is fine by me since the result is so close from the real deal and this is still one of the best modelers on the market.
    But when doing OD, since pedal profiling seems not doable ATM, you gave users a (probably well designed) generic model and said to them, who believe there are an infinity of sounds you can get from infinitely differents ODs "they are basically all flavors of the same thing". While amp profiling was a clever way to "join them" with their belief that amps were made with fairy dust that you could somehow capture using a magical process, you are suddenly bringing everyone back on earth saying a diode is a diode is a diode than can be simplified with generic algos. They will never accept that.
    IMHO

For the OD nerds, try to recreate that with the Kemper drives:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Let's say i modify settings on a rig, then shut down Rig Manager and the Kemper without saving my rig.

The next day when i launch again the kemper and RM, the same rig is still loaded. But i don't have any mean to save it with rig manager. I have to get to my Kemper, save it on the unit, then load it back in rig manager.
    I understand that when lauching RM, the Kemper is the "master" and RM is adapting.

But there is no way that i know of to get back the hand on this rig with RM.

Thank you.

Not so much. We sold a quite number of Kones and Kabinets already and only had a handful of requests.

Because there are poor souls like myself ;) answering this question every other day on Facebook (not kidding). I'm gonna stop, btw.

My question on the other hand is, since you are obviously not planning to use the Main Output for a mixing desk, but only the Kone/Kabinet.

Are you doing gigs at all, or usually play at home / rehearsal room only?

Or do you plan to mic your Kabinet?

I'm a bedroom guitarist.

This "easyness" is going to hunt your support team down for a few years, me think.

Prospective customers that might be persuaded to go the Kemper route because of the updates would exist whether they introduce them with a new product as a hardware update or not.

I don't agree. Providing free update and active maintenance on a 7 o 8 years old product increase the product value and convince new customers to buy it. It's one of the reason that allowed them to increase the price, imho.

I'm still confused about the use of the kone imprints. Can you use this setup as follows : Guitar > KPA > direct profile (DI) > Celestion imprints > Monitor out (Cab off) > Power AMP > Kabinet ? The reason i'm asking , when i tied this setup with Yamanha HS8 using DI profile, it sounded still like a DI and did not influence the Impulse response, However when i try a merged profile, i could hear the Celestion imprints on my Yamaha HS8

Ckemper said that you have to add a cab to the DI profile (and so make it merged), so the cab part can be ignored (!) by the profiler when using an imprint. I find that strange, but it is how it's supposed to be done. I'm pretty sure it will add a LOT of confusion to an already confusing studio/DI/merged distinction.

it's expensive, bur would love to try it - it is not available at the moment in Europe (should be at the end of April) don't look fir cheaper, look for better

But Kempes is advising to use a SS amp, not a tube amp.

In the case that you want to run Direct Amp Profiles straight into the Kone without using any other output, we would call this an exceptional way of using the Profiler. However, you can solve this situation by simply establishing an arbitrary cabinet (which wouldn't be heard in the end).

I don't think this is that exceptional.
    It's probably the way most people that use a guitar cab at home or without a PA use their Direct Amp Profiles. Unless i'm missing something here.
    Most of the profile sellers distribute "direct amp" profiles, rarely merged.