Posts by vjau75

What's the main benefit of this device Vs Line 6 Powercab ? I was very interested by the Powercab when it was announced but it got mixed reviews, not being as good as a regular guitar cab, neither as good as a good FRFR.
    I know that CK rarely miss his target, but i can't help fearing it will lead to the same result than it predecessor, plus the tight coupling to the profiler.

First of all thank you very much to everyone at Kemper for this editor. I was a bit skeptical (to say the least) of their willingness to release it this year, but i must admit i was wrong all along. And the amount of features in this present iteration is very satisfying. So thank you again.
    Now i have a few requests to make .
    1°) The one feature i have always liked in RM is the ability, once you have selected a rig to preview on the profiler, to go to the next rig with the up and down arrow keys. This feature seems to be missing in RM 3 : when you press up and down, the cursor goes up and down, but the playing rig doesn't move. I guess the problem could be if there were unsaved changes that could be lost, but in this case there should be a dialog asking to save the rig.
    2°) I have difficulties reading the actual knobs on my 24 inches monitor on windows. I have to bend near the screen to be able to see them. I wonder if the contrast could be somehow improved (i know there is a theme setting, but it's not enough), or if there could be the possibility to change the font. Actually, i find the Kemper display easier to read than the editor.

3°) I have trouble enabling the stomps. The logical way (at least for me) would be to double click on the stomp icon, but you have choosen to make it a simple click. That would be fine but it doesn't seem to work everytime, depending on the selected state (?). For me a double click would make it more predictable.

That's all for now, thank you.

THowever the moment Kemper officially announces beta testers, this inevitably ramps up the “any day now” assumptions and rumors leading to more disappointment if it takes longer

Do you think this is more or less dangerous than announcing "a couple of days" when the product is months from being ready ?

That would imply they’ve either been lying

The only fact that would prove (at least to me) that they had been lying all along would be if it was released at next Winter Namm.
    For now, i prefer to think that they were just too enthusiastic in their communication.

Even just a small team of talented engineers could knock it out pretty quickly. I think CK is maybe hyper-protective of his IP?

They would need a backend in the profiler. I think it's the harder part, being developed in assembly & all.

What I said was IMHO logical given that the app is in the final stage of pre-beta-release testing. Why would one learn a new app and spend money on a MIDI interface under these circumstances?

The app was to be released "in a couple of days" a couple of months ago. So who knows ? It could land next week or at next winter Namm.
    There is also the possibility that the first iteration of the editor will have less features that ToastMe.

An usb to midi cable can be bought for 15 euros. That's probably less than most Rig packs.

As stated in another response, this is not a revenue generating piece of work, at least not directly hence your comments don't really apply.

If it's not generating revenue, why has it been announced at winter Namm ?

And then, why hasn't the stage been announced before release ?

I think both those questions are pretty much business related. I may be wrong.

Yeah I'm still having issues with os7. Main issue is i keep my kemper on favorites so I don't have to scroll through forever to grab what I want and it's reverting to all profiles every startup. When I switch to favorites it takes 4-5 times of having to switch back and forth between all rigs and favorites for it to show my favorites list.

It's a known problem.

I had the same problem with Favorites yesterday.
    After the Kemper booted up, it was not on the rig previously chosen when i powered it off but on a random rig from my pool. The selector was on "favorites", but instead all rigs were displayed. I had to switch back and forth between different modes "own rigs/all/by author" then back on favorites for it to work.