Posts by Tedcaliban

I have the sennheiser millennium and am very happy with them. The frequency response is pretty flat all the way down to to 20hz but dips slightly near the highs. The sound stage of these headphones is great. From what I've learned and I'm new to this, a good thing to do is to compare the frequency response once you narrow down your choices. A deviation of 15db is very noticeable to me across the spectrum, so those charts are useful.

Of course there is no clear answer. First it might be thoughtful to give an estimated budget. Second, and maybe most important, it's a matter of taste. Some prefer (budget wise) KRK, some prefer Yamaha, some prefer Adam, some prefer Alesis. And so on.Best thing to do is go to a musicshop and listen to some different monitors within your budget. And then choose the ones you like best.

My budget is about as expensive as a Yamaha HS8 would cost. The problem I have is the music shop in my city only has 5 types of monitors on display. The only option is to buy a set of monitors and return them if I don't like them which is inconvenient. I want a set of studio monitors that will be a clear canvas to show the true sounds of profiles from the Kemper rigs. A great musician youtuber (lambchopper678) once told me that if I don't plan on giging then don't buy a cab and instead buy a set of studio monitors that have a woofer at least 8 inches big since its the closest thing to a live cab. Otherwise a 5 inch is ok for practicing. So it looks like buy and return are my only options at this stage. But at least I can narrow it down.

You probably accidentally locked the reverb module. Reverting this action is easily done by pressing the lock button again while the reverb module is being shown in the display.The lock symbol on the right side of the display will disappear indicating that the reverb is now unlocked again.
    You can restore the factory rigs by using the factory rigs function underneath soft button 4 on the first page of the system menu.

Thanks! I wouldn't have thought to press the lock button again!