Posts by oyaacoby

Hi,

I know its only been a few days since the release but did anyone experience signal loss with 8.7.17?

We have a show on Saturday and planning to have 3 kempers on that version.

I am asking because we had a show last weekend with 8.7.15 installed on all 3 kempers and all 3 had signal loss occurred at separate times and had to be rebooted. Working with MIDI only for patch changes.

Thanks!

HI Everyone,

I think it could be very helpful if we could reference slots in one performance (Ref. Slot) to be the same as another slot in another performance (Source Slot).

Perhaps the future editor will make this feature redundant for me in one way or the other or not. I guess we will know soon enough.

I play in a cover band. We play about 110 songs.

I have one main performance and these are the rigs/slots in it:

Performance 4: (1) Clean - (2) Crunch - (3) High Gain - (4) Metal - (5) Solo (Kemper OY - Pic 1 - Main Performance)

This performance works for most of the songs.

I also have about 30 "special" performances that are song-specific because those songs require special sounds.

Most of there song-specific performances have one or two special sounds and the rest are exact copies from the main performance.

For example, the song, "Move Along" has a sound that has a very prominent delay sound. One that I do not need or have in my main performance.

The "Move Along" performance looks like this:

Performance 6: (1) Clean - (2) Crunch - (3) High Gain - (4) Metal - (5) ***Move Along  (Kemper OY - Pic 2 - Move Along)

The problem starts when i want to make a change to one of my main sounds. for example, I would like to change the compressor setting on my clean tone.

What I have to do now is that I have to make the change in my main performance (4) and then copy that new clean rig to all other 30 special song-specific performances just so that all of them will sound consistent.

I wish that there was a feature in the slot settings soft button that allows me reference a slot to another slot. (Kemper OY - Pic 3 - Reference Slot Idea)

For example, to have that Slot 1 clean sound in performance 6 reference the same clean sound in slot 1 in the main performance, performance 4.

Additional idea that I do not really need but is similar would be to have stomp and effects reference other stomps and effects in other rigs that are stored within performances. I don't like using the "lock" feature for that. it's too absolute for me.

Thanks for hearing me out! I'm glad to be part of this community.

Best,

Oren

Here's a video I made. I hope this will help someone!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Great thread going on here.
    If anyone knows how to do this in Protools I would be grateful for any help.
    Patch changes are easy but i have been trying to figure out how to program #CC into Protools with no luck.

Hi JasperEads,

I just got done creating a tutorial that is explaining this. Feel free to check it out here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.