Posts by Atlantic

Try it in Browse mode and report back. Seems to work for me.

I have mixed results. Some times it works but even as a workaround it is not reliable. Some slots of the performance got saved ok. Others got the amp settings of a different slot. Even one slot got saved with a rig that is stored in the KPA but that I was not using for that Performance.

Sadly the experience with Performances is similar to previous versions of Rig Manager. Fortunately it is a beta and it seems quite stable for the time being, so let's hope they will improve the bugs and we get a nice, complete and usable editor.

Done here flawlessly. Took a while to install but Win 10 is working as good as Win 7 was working previously.

Important note: I had previously installed Win 10 from Win 7 before when it came out as a free update. But my SSD died recently and the new Win 10 installation was causing problems on this PC. That is why I decided to go back to Win 7 and update from it to 10 using the method proposed in this thread.

I think this is revolutionary. Probably the first of a new type of guitar gadget that almost all guitarists would need at one time or another.

I'm with vjau75 on this one. For the people needing an editor it is a no brainer to just get a cheap midi cable NOW and stay in OS 6 to be able to use ToastMe.

Having it doesn't only make easy the tweaking but helps a lot in understanding all the parameters of each module and section of the KPA. You have them there visible and easy to access.

The answer to your question is Digitech The Drop.

I use it for my dropped songs (drop B and drop C) as 1st position stomp (before distorsion and overdrive) and it sounds awesome: 0 latency and very natural tone.

It is probably the best pedal of the market for this purpose.

Isn't it the same as the Wahmmy DT? The DT is a Wahmmy with a built in The Drop. Same company, same technology.

Some time ago I tested the Drop pedal against the Transpose in the Kemper and didn't find an improvement with the Digitech pedal, so it went back.

Any of them work ok with distortion and are unusable with clean tones.

It does help.

Of course I realize that they have internal betas before the public ones. So a RC in Kemper fashion would be first released as a public beta once they decide it, and if everything goes well they would elevate it to a Release version.

So, in real world out of Kemper offices it means that we are close to a beta release.

we are running test. i cannot predict the future, so i cannot know what we will find next. I thought the word "release candidate" give you a good indication of what state the product is in. when i'd read this, I'd think "that's good news". but if you want to know if it's 2 weeks or 4 weeks - the answer is simple: i could only guess and that does't help anybody.

Maybe a RC means something to the many software developers that use the forum. But for the rest of us it doesn't mean much. We are only used to the typical beta versions that you release. But we are not aware of the internal process you have before they really get released.

Anyway, what I get from your message is that we still are weeks away from a beta.

Thanks for the update.

Toast ME doesn't support FX presets on 0S7 - they have shifted from an individual preset file format to a database format apparently. Otherwise it works from what Damien and others have reported.

I think it is important to note that PRESETS are not only for FX in the Kemper.

So many users tend to not know or maybe forget that the "preset concept" applies not only to the individual stomps or effects slots but also to the complete sections, and also to each of the different slots of each section. This includes AMP presets, EQ presets, Cab presets, Output presets...

Each of this presets are stored as such and separate from complete RIGS that include a chain of several slots.

I think all this will be clearer now with the last versions of Rig Manager that include some preset management. And even clearer when RM 3 comes out and allows to really load them to the KPA.

Hola,

Gracias por el mensaje. Entraré en los grupos a ver.

Actualicé el software y mejoró, aunque la verdad es que creo que la calidad de fabricación de software y hardware no está a la altura de las virtudes que tiene realmente el aparato. Pero no creo que sea grave. Seguiré con él. Saludos

El Kemper Stage ha dado toda clase de problemas, tanto en hardware como en software, que las otras unidades no han dado tradicionalmente. O quizá sí los dieron, pero hace 7 años cuando salió el dispositivo. Los que hemos llegado más tarde nos hemos encontrado con un producto mucho más pulido especialmente a nivel de software que quien lo compró nuevo en 2012. Y todo ha sido con actualizaciones gratuitas.

Es un modelo de negocio diferente. Seguro que el Stage terminará siendo un producto muy pulido y perfecto para su uso. Quizá es importante estar atento como usuario a los problemas de hardware para hacer uso de la garantía, ya que eso por mucho tiempo que pase y actualizaciones hagan, no se soluciona.

Comprueba que los botones y potes funcionen de manera correcta. Algunos potes de algunas unidades se caían con facilidad. Ante cualquier problema de ese tipo yo no dudaría en pedir una unidad nueva.

Bring back Toast Me compatibility.

At least I could use that.

It's not going to happen. You can still use Toast Me with OS7 but the changes in the preset management caused that TME cannot load presets to the Kemper.

For Stage users there is no other option, but for Rack and Head users OS6 release is completely stable and can be used with ToastMe. Also the only real benefit of OS7 is the new preset management.

I am in OS6 until the beta of RM 3 is out.

Hi Fritz,

ToastMe doesn´t support completely OS 7.X.X.

You will be able to edit anyting you want from your profiles once they are loaded in the Kemper. But you will not be able to select Presets from the ToastMe.

I have the Sennheiser HD 600 and love them. For the Kemper the best that I have tried because the open design makes it sound more 3D.

For tracking vocals I do have also the Beyerdynamics DT 770 and sound also very flat, but the closed can makes it a little bit boomy for my taste. Clearly harder on the bass than the HD 600.