Posts by Atlantic

I agree with Michael_dk that if you don't like something like the circular knobs you should propose something instead.

From my point of view it is completely intuitive like this and would only change it for something clearly better.

What is the preferred way to report bugs? I did a quick search on the forum but did not find any articles.

I'm running Beta 5.7.0.14099B

Tried to use looper in performance mode and the amp crashed. Ui still worked with a massive delay, but there was no sound. After Off-On cycle from the chicken knob the KPA and looper worked again. After the power on, there were still issues with the performance, the reverb and delay was reset to a previous state, but they were more correctly reloaded after I briefly switched to a different performance. In addition to that, there was some repeated hissing noise, which disappeared after changing rig again.

Tried this and worked perfect for me.

I've encountered 2 bugs with the release, when editing the reverb parameter ,, it will just crash and send a sine wave

and the 2nd one is a tick or pop sound that keeps goin about every 2 seconds , i can most of the get rid of it by changing profile , but somrtimes it does come back

I´ve been able to reproduce the ticking sound by stacking several reverbs. It doesn't happen with the Legacy Reverb but it does with more than 6 modules with a natural or cirrus reverb.

Of course this is not a real case that someone would try. But anyway, it's a bug.

I already reported it.

I am very curious about this statement. He likes the "almost same" amp that I have, and also the Kemper. But they don't go well together?

guizmobro Is it possible to route other audio through the Kemper at the same time? So that I can hear a backingtrack in the same headphones for example?

Yes agree with vjau75 . When I tried to use mu THR100 to use it like a flat monitor for my Kemper it just didn't sound good. That's at least what I think he means.

It'd be good to have a proper voting system for all these suggestions. So that it shows each suggestion in a league table, kind of way.

God, Kemper guys must be battered and bruised after announcing this stuff...only to be inundated with more and more feature requests!

But they show an amazing will to keep track of the requests. As soon as they are back, first thing was to create and/or merge specific threads about the different new areas of development.

It is important that thing about the valve power amp. There's no doubt that a valve power amp gives some thing else in your face when connected to a guitar cabinet. For some one that feels that needs "that", maybe unpowered is the way to go.

In my case if I ever need "that" again I will go back to using a real valve amp. Not saying that will never happen.

Dunno why some people are so disappointed. I like what i've seen so far from Kemper. Can't wait to work with the new editor.

I don't think anyone is disappointed here. Only saying that it would be nice to have some parameters to edit besides the ones in the chain modules. Probably Input, Output and Lock would be the more demanded. But as @G String already pointed out, what we have seen is nothing more than a preview and there will be changes.

Kemper has proven to listen to the users requests, even if it takes time, so I don't see any harm in asking for some features that would be very useful.

hey Nick, Do you mean in rig manager?

Cmon man... System button in your KPA.

I already replyed in the other thread. Aftermath is a PRESET, not a Type of reverb. To load the new Factory Presets go to System and then select Factory Presets.

You will still have the same Reverb Types that you have now. But if you use the Browser knob you will be able to see the Presets.

So, I have one question, I downloaded the updates and got four reverb’s… Easy reverb, Echo reverb, natural reverb, and Cirus reverb ...

Where is the aftermath reverb?

Is it coming at a later date perhaps?

For all the effects in the Kemper there are Types. And within those types you can make and save presets. There are some Factory Presets for each type and Aftermath is a preset made with the Natural Reverb.

If you want to be able to see the factory presets of the new reverbs you should go to System and press Factory Presets. That will load them into your Browse list.

Watching that video, I suspect but could very well be wrong that the editor/rig manager is only going to allow controls of the amps and effects - not the underlying settings of the kemper such as outputs etc. Now, I'm not complaining as I'll be pumped to have an official editor when it comes out (especially a free one), but it makes me think that for some people there still will be a place for the ToastMe alongside the Editor.

I have been thinking precisely that since the day they presented the editor.

I bought unpowered to be able to upgrade my amp and cabs after . Stereo is not that important for me but to be stuck with an amp is

You are giving the idea that the Powered versions are not possible to use with an external amp, wich is not the case. The Powered version is everything that the unpowered version is, but you have a power amp. You don't loose any connectivity at all.

Totally!

BUT, nothing to stop you putting 1 speaker into a 4x12....I love the look of a 4 x12 and I'd like the FRFR type nature somehow, so....plus I image the speakers won't be cheap!

I have been daydreaming about 2 of them and playing to install them both up, or both down or crossed...

Anyways, we will have fun.

I was going for the simplest solution possible, meaning no audio interface as I don't record right now. So you go from your Focusrite with 2 TRS jacks into the inputs of the Kemper? Is the sound any better with the interface? I'm not complaining or anything, just wondering ;)

And yes, the headphone amp of the KPA is great. Most people seem to prefer it over the headphone amps of their audio interface (especially the cheaper ones).

I wanted an interface to record some ideas. Nothing fancy. Just enough to share with my bandmates and keep the writing process going when we can't meet at the rehearsal room.

And then Toast Me happened. So I went for an interface with MIDI connections and SPDIF. The cheapest one I could find was the Focusrite 6i6.

In the end I am not using the SPDIF.

No TRS jacks. Just regular jacks. Main outs (left right)to the back inputs in the focusrite. Two outs of the Focusrite into the aux inputs of the KPA.

I have different results with different headphones in the Focusrite headphones output . Don't know a lot about it, but it's not completely impedance related.

For example I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 598 (50 Ohm) that sound great both in the Kemper and in the Focusrite. I just select to have Space in the focusrite to have a similar sound.

But I have also tried a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 880 in the 32 Ohm version and they sound OK through the Kemper but very bad through the Focusrite. I think this version of these headphones is not very good honestly.

But what I mean is that yes, the KPA headphone out is A LOT better than the Focusrite one.