Posts by Atlantic

But...

why don´t you simply use the alternative input in the back of your Kemper?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If only Evertune could make an adjustment between standard and drop tuning.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I get that it's not perfect, but I've never heard another transpose effect that has zero latency. If you've got some clips or a recommendation where you can't even tell it's doing it regardless of what's being played I'd be surprised and delighted. It's like being angry at physics. :)

+1

My only reference are the Digitech Drop and the Mooer Pitch Box, and while they both work, neither of them is better than the Transpose effect in the Kemper. At least for down tuning just a couple of steps.

Is it possible that you are getting some of your dry signal in the mix??

The Kemper has an option of mixing your direct sound, with no amp, stomps, eq... and always have it present.

Did you buy the Kemper new or was it used. If it was used, maybe it would be a good idea to reset to factory config.

2. Select Stomp 'A' and scroll through to TRPWholestep

The problem is that I believe you are selecting using the wrong knob. There are two knobs to select stomps or rigs labeled Types and Browse. One of them selects PRESETS and the other one selects TYPES (so you can start from default and make your own preset).

You must use the other knob and look for the TRANSPOSE effect (not the preset TRPwholestep). Then just turn the knob to -2.

Also as lacantina has already explained, if you have the latest firmware, you can use the transpose function out of a stompbox. Just press the button RIG and then turn the transpose knob to -2.

OK, thanks for the reply. That is what i supposed.

But it is true that I have had problems to tune using the three leds with the transpose active.

I will check the way I do it because it must be something related to the way I tune in those particular times.

But is good to know that internally everything is "wired" as it should.

And one thing that no one says, but many think:

a live show is 50% music and 50% visual. For some genres even more attitude than musical skills. And I am sorry but no FRFR beats the looks of a good old Mesa/Marshall/Orange(imput your own flavour here) guitar cab behind you. Even better 4 of them...

Lately I have been using the transpose function a lot and now that you can change it in the Rig section it´s great.

But I have always struggled to use the tuner whenever the transpose is active. It seems like if the loss of definition in the notes created by the transpose, affects the tuner. The three leds in the chicken head do not light as easily and it feels like the tuner is not getting enough signal from the guitar to operate properly.

• Powered head into guitar cab. Pros – Nice and easy. Cons – If lining out into sound desk, would the sound not be as good as the Kemper would not be modelling a cab?

The Kemper has an option of "Monitor Cab Off" that allows you to dissable the cab simulation only for the monitor output, but keep the cab sim on in the Main Output (the one that would go to the desk).

If you think you will want to use a guitar cab, go for the powered version. The only downside is that the power amp for your guitar cab is MONO. Other aftermarket options like Camplifire have the option to run your guitar cab (or cabs) in stereo. The Main Output can always be stereo if you want.

Hi,
    have you updated to the last firmware? There where some improvements in the last versions. I use the beta version.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a Digitech Drop to compare with the Transpose and found that FOR ME the Transpose worked better than the Drop.

I have a rack and a head, both non powered. And I would like to have at least one of them powered, or even both of them...

So if some one is not using the power amp and is up for a trade I would pay the difference.

I´m from Spain, so it would be best from someone in Europe.

Also looking for a remote, by the way...

Regarding the transpose function, maybe it's me but I really feel that it's been improved somehow in this version. I have two kempers, one at home that got this last version earlier and one in the rehearsal room that had the last stable version(so already had the "official" improvements in the transpose effect) . Recently I bought a DigiTech Drop pedal to compare to the transpose effect with one of the best pedals around for that function.

Both my kempers did well against the Drop. But the one in the rehearsal room had some glitchy sounds when I was close to the cab. After some testing I decided to update my rehearsal Kemper and after that the glitchy sounds are gone so I'm not keeping the Drop pedal and more happy than ever with my kempers.

You do loose some tone with booth transpose or the pedal. Mostly you loose definition, presence and sustain. But I think it's better with the Kemper.

By the way, the transpose effect in the rig section is genius. Love it.

Thanks a lot to KPA team.

Al final no lo compré. Pero sigo buscando si encuentro uno de segunda mano a buen precio mientras vendo otros pedales que ya no uso gracias a tener el Kemper. Casi he juntado el dinero para comprar un remote nuevo, porque conseguirlo usado es muy complicado por no decir imposible.