Posts by Atlantic

Looking at the latest video, it could be intentional or just simple framing of the picture. But you can't see the connection port on what appears to be an iPad Pro.

Speculation being fun while we wait, I'm guessing the connection for the Toaster/Rack will be wired. Maybe with a wireless ability if you own or buy an adapter.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

if you are talking about the instagram video... well, the frame is square on instagram. But on Facebook it is landscape in the same video and you can see there is no cable .

https://www.facebook.com/kemperamps/videos/570032313964124

Given Kemper’s philosophy of not leaving users behinds and making the user experience as similar as possible across all versions I would be surprised if they don’t have some sort of work around figured out for us non stage users. ???

I really hope the same. But it might not be the case. New additions like the SPDIF Slave/Master option of newer devices or the variable impedance of the Stage might indicate that at some point Kemper has to move on and keep updating the hardware with the best backwards compatibility even if it is not 100%.

I like the way Kemper does things. It is great for the users. It keeps the value of the older devices over time.

Tweaking should be done only once until you're happy :)

the amount of times I make changes is relatively low

I also do little changes to a rig when I have it set. But for me, that I like to use effects, they are different on each track. It is an inherent part of the composition of the song or riff. So it's not a matter of once and done. Each time that there's a new idea on the rehearsal room, tweaks are needed to find the best sounds for the song. And this happens periodically. Right now a big part of this process is done at home, before the rehearsals. And that is why I have owned 2 Kempers until a couple of months.

But having the option of easy and fast tweaking opens up a lot of possibilities. Rig Manager is a lot faster to edit an tweak than the physical buttons on the device, navigating thru menus and turning knobs.

Well I can perfectly see how in a rehearsal space, using a Kemper Stage it must be a PITA to have to bend each time you have to tweak anything. Having an iPad with rig manager and editor to make your changes is only good. And many other uses besides that.

The deep menu and tiny screen has never been the best way to see all the options that the Kemper offers. I have learnt a lot about it's capabilities since the editor came out, just because all the options are there and visible.

So yes, I think it will be a great tool and I am excited to see how it works.

I'm surprised that this thread doesn't have more activity. This development is very exciting.

I am just hoping that there is a way to make it work wirelessly with the legacy heads and not just the stage.

I completely agree that it is very exciting. But we have only teasers. I bet there will be more interest when we have all the information.

Anyway, the Kemper is 11 years old and I really think we humans are wired for new, new, new...

If am sure that there would be a lot more fuzz about it if Kemper released a new unit, whatever the format, instead of keep adding great features to the "old" ones. Even if the functionality of the upgrade is the same or even better.

How many users would, for instance, be tempted to update their unit if there was a new Kemper with a touch screen? How much would they have to pay for the upgrade? Sell the old one, loose money, buy the new one... I am sure that with that money you would be able to buy an iPad. So if the new development is only iOS compatible, well, maybe it is a good excuse to buy the iPad (for the ones that don't own one already)

Funny thing is that many of us are talking about how convenient is the Quad Cortex with the touch screen and all... and all of a sudden there you go! Kemper has a touch screen. Actually a bigger and more responsive one.

We will see how it is implemented but I really think it is a great addition. I will make use of it NO DOUBT.

Are the Sennheiser HD600s really loud enough just using the built in headphone amp? They are at 300 ohms, and people in this thread swear by them. But then I see people on 250 ohm DT 770s saying they don’t really get all the juice they want out of the Kemper and I think to myself “250 is 50 less than 300”. I don’t want anything crazy loud. If anything I’m pretty sensitive when it comes to headphone volume. But I don’t want to find myself lacking a db or two when I max out the Kemper, and I’m in the market for some reference headphones.

Not everything is the impedance.

I have the HD600 and they are loud enough. I also tested all the DT770 models and ended going with the 80 Ohm model.

I prefer the HD600 but it is nice to have closed headphone and the DT770 is good for the price.

All I can say is that that was not my best post on this forum. Will not delete it but probably I should. Too many mistakes and misunderstood bits.

In my defense it was late and I probably wasn't in the best mood. Should have gone to sleep and try to help you in the morning.

Hi Mabo1988 ,

I'm afraid that you have mistaken the SPDIF connection for an RCA audio connection. SPDIF is a digital connection and what you have there is not a digital (coaxial) cable but an audio cable with RCA connectors. RCA connectors are physically the same as what you need for the SPDIF cable, but the cable itself is not the same. On a sense it's like if you where trying to connect your computer to a router with a power electrical cable instead of the ethernet cable and then wonder why you don't get internet in your PC.

Once you have a coaxial audio SPDIF cable, then you have to turn up SPDIF volume. In your picture you have it at 0.

SPDIF Out Link means that you can link that output (you have this option for all outputs of the Kemper) to the physical pot called Master Volume. Any output that is linked (you can link as many as you want) will change it's volume turning that knob. The outputs that aren't linked will remain unchanged when you turn it.

Let me give you an advice, because you are asking very basic questions about the Kemper. Do yourself a favor and read the manual. It is very well written and the amount of things the Kemper can do you will not be able to learn them "just by using it and trial error". It will take some time but it is completely worth it.

I didn't realize they changed the tuners on the 2020 models. I have a double cut 595 one off. I changed the pickups in mine to 57/08s. I love those pickups. The LTs that were in it were just a little too weak for me. There was a drastic difference in volume between those and my pickups in my other guitars so it wasn't working out well at gigs.

One reason I asked about the guitar is that I have an SC-59 that is that same color, which is a one off color for the SC-58. Yours looks really close to mine.

Yes, the pickups are low output for a humbucker. But I tend to like lower output PAF style passive pickups even if I play with high gain profiles.

The color on mine is just the old Trampas Green that PRS has been doing for years. Not traditional but also not on the very flashy side of PRS colors.

I noticed the tuners. McCarty?

All the 594s are McCartys . McCarty is kind of a name for "Gibson inspired" guitars in the PRS line.

Mine has vintage tuners because it is a 2020 model SC594. In 2020 they went for the vintage tuners instead of the Phase 3 locking tuners. It's one of the changes to make it more authentic to a vintage Burst Les Paul. It's also nitro finish and newly tuned pickups.

That looks really good.

What model is your PRS? Is that a 594?

Yes. It is a SC 594 Ten Top. Very nice guitar. I like to say it is an "elf" version of the "human" Gibson Les Paul. It's a more sleek design that gets rid of the inherent problems of the Les Paul but keeps the good things on it.

Of course Gibson could never do something like it because they must keep the traditional design. They live on it but are also hijacked by it.

PRS doesn't have those limitations and can do things right without suffering the rage from their fans.

I love both of them. I have a Les Paul R8 and it's as good a guitar as the 594 but just different. Wouldn't recommend one more than the other.

if it floats your boat that is all that matters.

personally, I think the original toaster is a design classic and wouldn’t mess with mine but if others want to customise; go for it and have fun.

I agree that the original Toaster (the original is the white one, but even the black one) is a classic by now. But I have had my red Marshall Cabinet for 20 years, and I´ve been using Kemper the last 5. Once you use them at the same time... looking at them they just don't fit together. Hence my decision to customize the Kemper Powered Rack and make the couple more esthetically pleasing. I would not modify what is an original and "rare" piece like the red Marshall cabinet. So it was the Kemper what had to be modified. And it is a non permanent customization. So, everything is good. And now, maybe, I can just start playing more 8o.

I like original. But I do like the matching tolex.

the good thing is that is completely reversible. If I ever get tired I swap out the skin and done.

The original has a lot of personality, but once I decided I wanted a matching rack case for my red cabinet I wanted to go all the way and see how it turned out. In the end I am happy with the result and that's why I'm sharing it. But I get that this might not appeal to everyone.

After some work and some wait I have been able to get my Kemper rack to match my Marshall Cabinet.

Used a front skin from Happy Kemper Skins and a rack shell made by Zilla Cabs. Added some Marshall knobs in the bottom row and also some black ones for the blacked out part.

What do the Kemperites think about this? Would you do something similar or maybe you like the Kemper original look and want to stick with it?

just in case somebody missed this in the manual:

Assignments without Remote

If your PROFILER Remote is not connected, or if your stage is so huge that your PROFILER is miles away from the Remote, you will not be able to reach both at the same time. In this case, enter the Remote Effect Buttons page in Rig Settings, hold one of the four soft buttons, and press one or more effect module buttons to complete the assignment.

This is useful of course. But we are talking Rig Manager here. In case you missed.