Posts by Blodsmak-Tom

This sounds very interesting to me.

I have thought about ways to trigger both pedal-stuff and lightning and dabbling in backingtracks for my band, but I kinda get lost in the jungle, because there's so many ways to do it, and just as many opinions about how it's done.

Checking out your videos shows me you're doing much of what I'd like to do, so to get first hand information like this would be perfect.

Personally I prefer written stuff when it comes to these things, because I have to read several times to get things to stick. That's easier to do, than skipping back on a video several times. But you do what's best for you - I'll be happy just to pick up some tips.

I would also like you to nerd deep. No subject is too obsure! :D

Yeah, I'm using the Wacom Intuos 5 with a pen.

But I have found a workaround.

By going into the Wacom preferences I assigned the parameter "click/scroll" to one of the pens buttons, and that makes the knobs stop turning when I stop sliding up and down.

And if you use that button for other programs, there's the possibility of just assigning it like that for the RM.

So that could be an interrim solution that worked for me, at least. YMMW.

Hi!

I have a problem, and I don't really know how to describe it, but that won't stop me from trying. :D

Since I get carpal tunnel syndrome using a mouse, I have to resort to a Wacom board and a pen for my computing needs.

But there is a problem when I use Rig Manager. Trying to turn knobs on the Rig Manager doesn't let me just drag the values to where I want them to go, like how you would move a mouse in a circle around the knob to rotate it to a given position in for instance Logic.

Instead the value just rushes ahead, all the way to 10. If I want to dial it down, I have to finely put my pen on the left side of the knob, and it will decrease by itself, until I let go. And this happens so damn fast!

I can slow the process down by holding the shift-key, but still it takes many tries for it to stop at for instance 7,1 on gain. Is it like this using a mouse (with perhaps a scroll wheel) as well?

And if it's not like this - anyone have any suggestions how to make the knob/wacomboard interaction behave in the way I would like?

Thanks!

I am sad to report that my Kemper freezes on the reg after upgrading to official release 7.1.2.

Both while connected to the Rig Manager, and also alone - connected to a Uno4Kemper.

Was reluctant to use it for a gig saturday, but had no backup, so I went for it.

And wouldn't you know it - it froze. =O

Had to restart the whole thing. Now luckily I have sufficient amount of stage-banter to help me through rough patches, so it came out allright.

But I've never encountered these problems before.

How do I upgrade to 7.07 or higher without a USB-stick?

In Rig Manager it says to use 2.3, I have to have Profiler Software 7.0.7 or above.

But I can't seem to get that through the Rig Manager, and I don't have a USB-stick.

Well...

I don't know how this have happened, but apparently i am psychic. =O

By just thinking hard about this, and also asking you guys for help, my pedalboard is now switching on the tuner on the Kemper by me pressing the 7 (B) button.
    I have no idea how this happened, and being of a not very inquisitive mind, I am not going to pursue it, but just enjoy the fact that it works.

I am considering starting a psychic hotline. I'll call up the ones who have problems, just to prove my skills. :P

I am using the Uno4Kemper chipped Behringer.

What I would like to do is to use the B-pedal (pedal no 7) to activate the tuner. I suppose then that I would have to figure out a way to program that button to communicate my wish to the Kemper.

The problem is that I do not know what end to start in. Do I program these changes from the Behringer, or the Kemper?
    And is the fact that i'm using a UnO Behringer going to mess this up?

Is this possible to do without a Midi Editor for the Macintosh at all?

Hi guys!

Thanks to this forum, I have modified a Behringer FCB 1010 pedalboard, by cutting off the expression pedals, thus reducing the size from the equivalent of the landmass of Australia to a much more managable size.

Only problem is that I'm not able to use the tuner on the Kemper without sauntering over to it during our gigs. One of the expression-pedal in "off-mode" triggered the tuner, so I could use the LED-display on the pedalboard.

So now I wonder how to re-route the MIDI signal so that when I push the (for instance) MOD or the REVB- footswitch, it triggers the tuner.
    I am stupid. I have tried to read the manual, but I couldn't make heads or tails of what they were on about.

Hopefully someone here with better pedagogical abilities will be able to help me out?

Thanks in advance!

So let me get this straight, units produced from middle of last year until nearly end of October were installed with an outdated OS rev, for no rational reason, yet suddenly when November came around the production units were suddenly being installed with OS revs that now track very closely to the latest OS releases. And still no explanation, yet I'm supposed to feel comfortable with this? Uh, sorry, but no.

But why does this bother you so much? What do you see here that the rest of us cannot fathom?

So my 3 V-picks arrived today from Thomann. Check out their packaging!!!

[Blocked Image: http://i64.tinypic.com/zukvt3.jpg]
    First impressions after playing Dava Control Grip Tips for the last 2-3 years are that they're BIG! They're also much thicker and stiffer, even when holding the Davas right at the very tip for more control. I can totally get the improved tone thing, as the Dava gels I favour have a very plasticky attack that is very obvious when coming from the V-picks. To me though, the V-picks seem way more cumbersome and the improvement in tone isn't worth the loss of control for me. It also made me realise that when I'm alternate or economy picking, I'm not actually holding the Davas right at the end, so there's more "give" in them. Contrary to what I believed, this doesn't lead to less control for me but more fluidity. Who would have thought that I'd actually prefer thinner picks after all?!?
    Such a great experiment, even if it was a fairly expensive one!

I dunno, seems a bit big and square to me. Don't think I would be able to connect with the strings the way I am used to, but to each his own... :P

I roll my own. :D

I can't for the life of me remember what online service I used to get them printed, but when I order new, I'll use another firm (hopefully... LOL).
    The reason being the picks being quite slippery and also uses their edge definition quite fast.

Still these 0,96mm acrylics have done their job for some years now, and also people get excited to get one on our show - which is what it's all about, no?
    :D

I LOVE this!

As the owner of an ENGL Screamer without the possibility nor the ability to profile my own, I feel this scratches my particular ENGL itch by not being too Br00talz.

I'll probably set these profiles up as one of my goto performance.

Brilliant job!