Posts by Blodsmak-Tom

But, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that a recording mix-ready rig isn't necessarily 1:1 live ready, so I'm just trying to figure out what are the main things to think about to get it usable for live use.

Or am I overthinking things? As usual? :)

Yes, this is my thinking also. I don't want to "compete" with the rest of the band, but find my place.
    I am also the vocalist, so leaving room for my singing, is of course of interest... :D

But what to cut, and where?

Are there for instance any good road-ready profiles on Rig Exchange, which would need minimal tweaking to sound good?
    I know this is a tall order, but as Manuel from Faulty Towers would say "I know nooooothing!" :)

Hi!

I'm quite new to the Kemper, and am thoroughly enjoying mucking around with it. I do play gigs on a semi-regular basis.
    I am wondering if there are some small, significant pointers people can give me about making a profile that sounds good through my earphone, sound great through a PA, competing with the rest of the band?

Some go-to eq settings?
    More presence?
    Lo-pass?
    Hi-pass?

Anybody want to share any tricks?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, here's a picture from my first gig with the Kemper this weekend. 8o

Are you by chance using Firefox?

I had issues with registering my user account and logging in on Firefox for mac.
    Switching to Safari helped. And all of a sudden Firefox started working again. I have no idea what happened.

It has goes in stand-by, when it isn´t moved (Guitar in the stand) .. and switches back on, when you take the guitar. Nice to have

Same with the G10. Saves me from stupidly starting to play without sound after forgetting to turn the G30 back on.
    Yes, that has happened on more than one occasion.

I've got both the G30 and the G10

The G30 is probably better for gigging, but as you all probably know, the battery hatch latch could need a patch...

The G10 miniUSB connection suffers from a gossamer flimsiness that makes cobwebs feel like sturdy chains.

The sounds of both these units are good, without any noticable lag.

At the moment I prefer the G10, because of the ease of use, and the fact that you don't have to worry about batteries. It's been performing without glitches.

When the USB eventually breaks down, I'll probably get a pouch for the G30.

Hi all!

I got the Kemper two weeks ago, and thanks to the knowledgable people of this forum, I dared to bring it with me on a gig with my band Blodsmak, instead of my trusted Engl Screamer.

I was quite apprehensive about bringing it, because there were so many parameters to get into, and also the choices were so many. Also my knowlegde of guitar sound was - to say the least - miniscule.
    Overcooked? Tube sag? Bias? It's like chinese to me...

All i kinda knew was that I didn't want a to br00talz sound, so I based my performance rig on the Marshall SLX by Hays. Slapped on a Green Screamer and a touch of echo for the solo rig, and off I went.

It was awesome!
    I got exactly the right amount of chunkiness and balls. I have never really been much of a "tone-seeker" as such, but lately - after I got the Kemper - I have taken a much more keen interest in getting the right tone for me. I am sure I still have a long way to go to get it just perfect, but at least now I have the perfect tool to help me find my voice.

So thanks to you guys for helping a guy out, just by talking about this magic box, and sharing your experience with it.

Looking forward to more lurking and perhaps some chatting with you people at a later stage.

Tom