Posts by barryjohns2126

I have experienced this a lot. What I have learned so far is that I can only rely on Michael Britt profiles.

High output humbuckers have too much low end in too many other profiles for purchase out there.

Use morph to use one profile but 2 gain settings. Use performance to have 5 settings (or 3, if you wish) with one profile. In RM call them Clean - Overdrive - Solo. For Solo you could then not only add gain, but use Stomps like Boost or TubeScreamer.
    Very flexible and readily available right now.

I still need to dive into the performance feature of the Kemper. To date I've quickly turned into a profile buying junkie!

Everyone I know pretty much uses no more than three typical settings for their amps.

Clean, overdrive, solo.

Would it be a nice feature to be able to model every possible setting on an amp with just one profile. Sure. My thought would be, most people would still navigate to the 2-3 typical settings.

I removed all the various profiles that I did not want my Kemper clocked up with. Some of the ones I moved were the Presets for the new Delay's in 5.0. It won't let me move them back to the Kemper. When I try I get this:

Import Failed. Only profiler content can be imported.

When try to import other profiles that I recently exported to a drive on my computer, same drive as the Delay's, it works fine. Just not the Delay's. What am I doing wrong?

Are there any plans to update the Rig Manager to allow complete control of all settings inside the Kemper like you can with Fractal Products?

It would be more efficient to be able to control all the setting within the Kemper from the computer screen. I found this to be an excellent feature doing my show period with the Fractal AX8.

Being able to select and edit effects is a huge plus, if it could be done from the computer.

I hope what I'm describing makes sense.

I already own a Friedman ASM 12, which gives me the all the power I need for jamming with people. Honestly though, I'm almost never in that situation. I spent the afternoon yesterday, about a total of three hours, profiling my badger 35. I also profiles it with every possible combination of all my overdrive pedals in front of it.

My profile that with SE Electronics Voodoo ribbon MiC, I also profiled with a SM57.

I have a Suhr Badger that I absolutely love. My favorite amp I've ever owned and I've owned a lot. Takes overdrive pedals better than any amp I've ever played.

Now I'm asking myself, what is the point keeping it? Other than my stubbornness, I can't find a reason to keep it. I could buy another guitar with the proceedes.

The only duty it pulls since I got the Kemper is to sit there looking pretty! It does that very well by the way!

The only thing about Kemper that worried me, is what impact down the road is it going to have on future development of Tube Amp makers? Part of it already seems a little dirty, kinda like Napster back in the 90's. Modeling your own amps is one thing, but buying models. I worry that will come back to haunt us one day.

Isn't it reasonable to pay like $250 per amp model with the revenue going to the amp manufacturer? Today, I can buy 10 amps for less than $50 bucks. Don't get me wrong, I did, and I use them, but something is just not right about it.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked so many things about the Fractal product. It was really, really good, but to me, just not great from a purist perspective on just amp tone alone. I'm not a big effects guy, so lifelike is so, so important to me.

The things that really put me off, and I mean way off, was the owner. Is he brilliant for what he has created, no question about it. That being said, he attacked me personally, and I could not have been more professional. Anything I did have negative to say, was minor. He just has very thin skin, and can't handle any kind of critisixm. So when he told me he would buy back my AX8, after he apologized to me in the forum, I simply thanked him and agreed to take him up on his offer. I can't see me ever doing business with that company again, not after the bad taste he left in my mouth. Which was too bad, because he should be proud of what he has accomplished, but also realize he is a competitive market and upsetting customers is simply not a very good idea.

Regardless, I'm very, very happy with my Kemper......

I've spent the last couple of months trying so hard to love the Fractal AX-8, but in the end, it just was not meant to be.

I think everybody at this point, knows that they do an incredible job with effects and the way the unit was laid out was also stellar. But in the end, their amp tones always ended up sounding like modelers. I just could not, no matter what I did, no matter how much tweaking I did, they never to me sounded like a real tube amp.

On the Fractal forum, I stressed a couple of times that I just wasn't able to get what I was looking for, and apparently the owner of the company doesn't like anything negative, no matter how professionally it is stated, on his forum So basically shut me up, he agreed to buy back the AX8, including shipping. I took him up on his offer.

Soundpure has the option of trying a piece before you commit to buying so I decided to give Kemper a try.

All can say is WOW!!!! It is everything I wanted and more. I am simply blown away!

This thing is unfreakin' insane! So real, so life like, so many great options. I had read that Michael Britt was the "Gold Standard" in profiles so I ordered one of his before it arrived.

The Kemper is The best investment I've made, practically in my entire music career, I'm so excited about it !