Posts by artman

Hi All!

I want to share a link to my Distrokid page with links to my original music. I have been using a Kemper for live performances for a while, this is my first attempt recording in my home studio (Presonus Studio One) using the Kemper for all guitars and bass. If only Kemper would create a vocal profiler! Please take a listen and let me know your thoughts. Any constructive criticism on the recording is welcome as this is my first attempt at a legit release and I am working hard on honing my skills as a mixer/producer. Here's the link - https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/artfaccio/genesis.

Thanks and Rock On!

Art

I recently got some new toys. I switched from Pro Tools to Presonus Artist One 3 with a Audiobox USB interface and figured the best way to get through the growing pains of new stuff is to record a cover to play with vocals, bass, drum loops and best of all my Kemper. Here is my take on Drift away by Dobie Gray. All guitars and bass are the Kemper hope you enjoy!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm using it on that song and have the same issue. I'm using a Voodoo Labs GCP and when I plug the exp pedal into the GCP there is a lag that makes it unusable - sounds like I'm moving in slow motion. It reminds me of a slide-whistle I had as a kid. When I plug directly into the Kemper it is fine - a tiny bit of lag but virtually unnoticeable, so it is still usable. I was going to get a Kemper remote, but apparently there are issues using that as well. Oh well, I'll just zip-tie my trs and midi cables together and call it a day :(

I posted on the Voodoo forum and they suggested I check that the expression pedal response is being correctly recognized in the GCP - in setup mode I can see the value change from 0-127 as I sweep through the pedal's range - there is no delay. I'm not very well educated in MIDI - I know how to program CC changes and basic stuff but other than that I'm a dope. I have used expression pedals via MIDI with my 11 rack without an issue. I have both devices set to Omni, should I set a specific channel? I'm not sure how MIDI transmissions work if it is sequential through the channels or if it sends to all simultaneously. I'm not using any other MIDI gear so changing the channel shouldn't be an issue. Is there any setup parameter that I'm missing? Would autoload affect anything? The issue seems to be with the MIDI transmission. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi, I hope someone has seen this issue before. I got a Moog expression pedal earlier this week, hooked it up direct to Kemper and it works as it should. I have morph>wha and morph>pitch selected in the system settings and all worked as they should. At rehearsal last night I hooked it up to my GCP on my pedalboard and set it up assigning it the proper CC# and tried it. It works, but not as it should, there is a lag in the wah and when I use it to control pitch it is like it is in slow motion. Are there any parameters that I need to modify in the KPA? Also when I sweep the pedal I can see the range going from 0 - 127 as it should. I'm hoping I'm just missing something, otherwise to GC I go to get a long trs cable. Thanks in advance!

Win 10 here - taskbar shortcut got nuked. Not a big deal to re-add though. So far it looks good! I've only had my Kemper for a couple of months but so far I'm very impressed with the speed at which things move in Kemper-land.

Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated!

Good points Carsnguitars. I loved using ethernet with my G-System, I do miss that.

Sharry, it's not being lazy, it's being frugal with our time! The bi-directional communication is a welcomed bonus as well.

Good point drog, as of now I'm only using the kpa, I could probably just put the gcp in my "in case I ever need it again" stash.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

Hi All. I'm currently using a GCP but I'm wondering if there is any advantage to getting the Kemper remote? I have the GCP configured in the 4x8 mode. I have the 8 switched configured for all the stomp/fx slots. I'm intrigued by some of the features in of the remote, but am also wondering if there are any limitations that I am not aware of. To give an example of how I use the Kemper, I like to keep things fairly simple. I have about 20 profiles I share for the set, all are fairly similar gate or comp in stomp 1, fuzz/dist in stomp 2, any particular fx I need for a song in stomp 3 or 4. I have a boost in x and use mod, delay and rev for the most part as intended. A few reasons I'm looking to upgrade, I like the idea of being able to program multiple functions for each switch - ex for solos I usually do a three switch tap dance - dist, boost, delay. I know with the GCP I could copy the patch, turn on the fx I want and save it then toggle back and forth. But for some reason, probably I just WANT more new toys :D , I keep looking at the Kemper remote. Looking for some input, buyer's remorse, success stories etc... I'd hate to drop the $$$ and find out that there is no discernible difference. I would also like to use the looper.

The advantages I see with the GCP:
    1) I already have is
    2) I have owned it for years and know it fairly well
    3) 8 stomp/fx switches
    Disadvantages:
    1) Can only program one PC per switch
    2) no bi-directional communications - just me being lazy not wanting to name each new rig on the footswitch

I look forward to your responses. Thanks in advance!

Did a gig with my blues band Saturday night, the Kemper was amazing again! I am still amazed by the sound of this thing, I plugged in my 11 Rack the other day and A/B's it - the 11 Rack is a very good tool, the Kemper is just amazing.

Thanks MM. The sound was amazing, it's hard to describe but there is something there that I can't find the right word to describe. That 'something' was missing with my old 11Rack rig, which is very good and served me well for years. I spent a good part of our first set out in the crowd listening to the sound with a smile on my face. I don't use a lot of high gain, and just like a good tube amp, it is very unforgiving for all t hose less than stellar note choices due to the overall clarity.

Used my KPA live for the second time and it was awesome. The first gig I only had it a few days and didn't have the right output selected so i was sending a very weak signal to the board. Not this time, trim on the board was where I expected it to be and it was huge sounding. There are a few things to dial in but all in all it was a great night, I got many compliments on my tone.

Thanks again for the advice last time around. Now off to read the expression pedal threads ;)