Posts by Georgy

Hey guys,

I've got a pair of Yamaha HS5s which is what I've used with my previous 'digital rigs' (Kempers/Axe FXs, Helixs... yes, multiples of each!).

Obviously when you download someone else's profile, to them, it sounded good through their setup. This is natural. But it might not necessarily translate them same through my setup. Yes, granted, IRs etc may influence this, but beyond that, your speaker choice will have a greater influence in sound (in my experience anyway).

So the question beckons.. for those that actually have the same Yamaha HS5s with their Kemper, do you mind pointing me in the direction, or provide a link, where I could find such profiles that have been made with HS5s? I'm typically a high gain player, liking Friedman/Bogner/Soldano/EVH type tones, but these aren't the be-all, end-all. I need something as a starting point to use or to reference.

Haven't bought my Kemper yet, I'm just preparing myself so I have something to work with. I'm about 2-3 weeks away from getting one.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks guys

Well, there is one thing to be aware of --you'll still need a external Power Amp if you want to go stereo on stage.

The internal power amp only has a mono output. It's one of the few gripes I have with the product.

Hey man, can you actually turn off the power amp sims on the powered Kemper???

My normal rig is Powerhead into passive Matrix Q12. Sometimes, we are loading into a backline of 4x12 and I'll just turn off Cabs and plug right into the provided 4x12. To me its just easy and flexible. I might pickup one of the new Mission 2x12 cabs from Sweetwater, just to move some more stage air. But between IEMs and wedges, I will never have a problem hearing myself. 600watts can get super loud. Only way I'd advise against a Powerhead is if you already have powered cabs like Atomic, Friedman, DXR10 etc. and you never run into a backline.

That's good to know.. Question though.. you mention it's easy and flexible.. 600 solid state watts.. how does that go with a normal (non FRFR) cab, be it a 2x12 or 4x12?? My solid state Matrix amps that I used to have could get loud, but couldn't really move the air, nor did they have a lot depth and soul in my opinion based on my experience. I'm going to be potentially running my powered Kemper into a Mesa 2x12 (120w), and I don't wanna blow the V30s with 600w worth of power from the Kemper.. make sense?!

When I go back down the passive FRFR path again with an FR212 or something along those lines, I'm sure it'll be fine, but right now, I'm planning on using it with a real (non-FRFR) cab..

Does it cut it maestro?!

Hey Guys,

Silly me.. sold my Kemper (#douche #doofus #givingitasecondchance #plsforgive!) and I look forward to going down that path again in the coming weeks..

THE THING IS.. I’m uncertain if I should get the powered or the NON powered version.. Any ideas..? Pro’s and con’s? It’ll be the 3RU rack version, not the toaster BTW.

At this stage, I do prefer running the Kemper (when I had it) through a valve power amp VHT 2/50/2 + 2x12 Mesa cab which was awesome, so I preferred non-FRFR to FRFR. HOWEVER, that said, Kemper does the FRFR thing better than the rest, so I’m happy to re-visit a decent FRFR solution..

My other question is (this maybe applies to the guys out there who use their powered kemper to power a passive FRFR speaker or a normal cab).. How does this <--- idea work? Does it have enough thump? Can it keep up with other power amp setups? Is it loud enough? (I ask this because ‘600 solid state watts’ compared to 100 valve watts or even 50 valve watts is very different). Jeeze I hope that makes sense!!

Any input is welcomed..

Thanks guys ^^

Hey guys,

Apologies in advance for the dumbness you're about to read..

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.. I've got my Kemper, I've got the matching remote, and now I'm in need of an expression pedal that will do both VOL and WAH. This is what I'm after, and I'm pretty sure the green Mission EP1-KP will do exactly that... yes? No?! I thought about getting two exp pedals, but as it is, the remote and 1 exp pedal will fit perfectly in my Diago pedalboard. Less is more as they say.

But then I came across the Mission SP-25M-PRO-GC Dual Channel Expression Pedal which looks like it can do more.. What more can this pedal do that the EP1-KP won't do? Actually, let me semi-rephrase that.. if I really only want VOL+WAH, what more could the SP-25M-PRO do for me? Could I not only control VOL+WAH, but maybe the amount of DELAY or GAIN perhaps, when it goes from toe-up to toe-down? (jeeze I hope that made sense <X )

Oh yeah, last but not least, I've seen a couple YouTube vids here and there, but strangely they didn't have the EP1-KP connected to the remote,they had it connected to the Kemper itself, which kinda confused me.. ?( surely surely the exp pedal connects up to the Remote..?!

Any input is welcomed guys.. In fact, any do's and don'ts are welcomed too!

Cheers

:D

I'm from Melbourne, had I seen this earlier I would've told you where I was playing Saturday night in case you wanted to see/hear it live! Unfortunately I'm a semi-retired live performer and was only filling in for my old band this month. Good luck and get ready for a great ride!

Dang, that woulda been good to hear in a band mix.. Not to worry, keep me posted, I shall cometh! Yeah I reckon the ride will be quite enlightening..

Welcome! I'm from Lilydale originally but now living in the U.S. If you're already used to the digital amp thing with the Axe I have no doubt you'll freaking love the KPA!! Do you see many Kempers in Melb?

Hello nightbour! (sort of!)

Nah not really mate.. You sorta see them here and there but not much. Modellers.. correction, profilers have really come of age.and after profiling my custom made amp today with a mate's KPA, the pre-amp only, WOW, holy f_ _k I was BEYOND blown away!! Cannot wait to really start exploring with this green and black little beast :D:D

Hey guys,

This is my first real post. Hoping someone can possibly shed some light on this..

Does anyone know if the Fractal Audio MFC101 can control the Kemper... in pretty much the same (or similar'ish) kinda way that it controls the Axe FX? I've got one that I kinda don't really wanna part ways with because I've had a custom road case made up for it, and in a perfect world, I'd like to continue using it. Though, it's not a deal-breaker if I can't.

SECONDARY to this, I've also got the Line 6 Helix.. could I use that to wholey and solely control the Kemper? I know I'll need to run it in one of the loops and so forth, but I'm just curious to know if either the MFC can steer the Kemper ship and/or can the Helix as well...??!!

Thanks guys ^^

[Blocked Image: http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag122/djole1005/My%20PB%202_zpsxqmvhpvh.jpg]

G'day from Melbourne, Australia!!

Feel free to have a laugh.. I haven't even got my Kemper yet, but I thought I'd join the community first and foremost, maybe get to know some of you.

I'm about to sell my Axe FX-ii to fund this beast, and by all accounts and measures, the Kemper should live up to all the hype :thumbup:

I've had the Axe FX for 2 years and loved everything about it, but mind you, I haven't really done much FRFR stuff with it, I purely like the amp sims with REAL cabs, not cab sims so much. I've recently got the Line 6 Helix which I hope will be able to steer the Kemper ship, if not, well, I might just have to buy the remote then!!

Can't wait to get it and see what all the fuss is about!

Cheers

George