Posts by rolandeventide

If you want to play guitar with a hifi stereo live on stage I think it will not work. No way you can keep up with the volume bass and drums will produce. In my studio I am using a mega Jeff Rowland model 8 amp (2x250 watts and lots of ampère) with Avalon ascent mk2 speakers. Perfect for music listening but not enough volume to keep up with drums and bass live. On my avatar you can see a part of the Avalon speaker.

In my experience nothing beats a 70’s fender twin for clean sounds. If you are talking about filling the room than consider that a fender twin is an open back amp. If you compare this to closed cabinets these have a very different sound and in my opininon not room filling. I have tried several tubeamps with my closed HK cabinet but nothing sounds like a twin. So to what amp and cabinet type are you comparing? I think you will never find a room filling fender twin sound using whatever closed cabinet.

I’ve received mine yesterday and my first impression is very good. Very Natural feel and plenty of power. I use it with H&K 4x12 cabinet. Very versatile and good clean en od sounds! Sagging knob is extremely usefull and gives a lot of different sounds. So far I am impressed.

This is so true! I also use Adams A7x and they sound very good with the Kemper. I’ve added a SVT sub that is calibrated using a db meter. At the listening spot the freq response is very flat. The investments I made in acoustical treatments are the best I did in my studio! Especially low to mid low freqs can be very difficult to handle (40-150 hz) in a small room. My studio is 4x5 meters and in all the corners I have huge bass traps to control low energy. So if you have a problematic acoustical small room bigger speakers (more low energy) will sound worse.......

I consider myself as an average player and I get great results from both the Kemper and my UAD plug ins for many many years now. I realy do not understand.

So it is not the Kemper but the fact that you are an average player?

Is that true? Well that IS an impressive feature!

8×8 USB with Superior Performance

The Center of your Music Workstation

A 16-core, 500 MHz microcontroller provides 16 channels of flawless USB audio (8 in, 8 out) allowing the Axe-Fx III to be the center of your music workstation. The audiophile-grade signal path components and converters provide better audio performance than most dedicated USB audio interfaces. With 8×8 channels you can record multiple tracks of processed audio, DI signals, etc., while monitoring backing tracks, auditioning stereo reamps in real-time, and more. A USB audio sound source can even be placed on the grid with its own dedicated block. Windows 7/8/10 drivers are included, and the Axe-Fx III requires no driver on a Mac running 10.7.4 or newer.
    USB In (from Axe-Fx III to Computer)

1+2: Output 1
    3+4: Output 2
    5+6: Input 1 (DI for reamping)
    7+8: Input 2 (for general use)

USB Out (from computer to Axe-Fx III)

1+2: Routed to physical Output 1 L+R
    3+4: Routed to physical Output 2 L+R
    5+6: Routed to the Grid via INPUT 1 block when its source is set to USB
    7+8: Routed to the Grid via the dedicated INPUT USB block

From fractal website.

And don’t forget the sound engineer will try to let the guitar amp sound good next to all the other instrument and vocals. Guitar, Keys and vocals are in the same frequentie spectrum so eq edits are needed to let each voice come through.......

I've tried everything to get the amp in the room sound / live sound. Most important to me is that I feel no connection when playing the KPA through (very good) FRFR monitors or using KPA, poweramp and cabinet. I've tried several options and try to tweak the sound. I bought a second hand 1974 twin reverb and I am completely satsified with the sound. I feel the connection with the sound and I use this in the rehearsal room and live and I could not be happyer. Sure, I miss the effects on the KPA but with a pedalboard I have most effects I want.

No offence to KPA. I still use it for home rehearsal and recording and the sound is almost comparible to a miked amp.