Posts by amclw1

If you are looking for a global Freeze button, consider connecting an external momentary switch to the Remote and assign the function "Freeze" to it . It still appears as "Hold" in the menu, but it's functionally the same. That Freeze switch then does all Freezes in all effects of all Rigs.

Thanks I will give this a go.

Just tested. I see what you are getting at, but my point is that I need to assign freeze to the button for each effect (max of four per button?). Then it works as you describe. I don't want to have to do this. I want to assign 'reverb freeze' to a button once only. If there is a magic method I'd be glad to hear it.

Doesn't do that for me, I have to program the remote button individually for each rig. What I want is to program a button on remote once for freeze and it will activate it for any active effect that has that function. Might be more useful if there was a global freeze for separate types. e.g. delay, reverb.

Apologies if already requested or available somehow...

It would be nice to be able assign a switch on the remote as a global freeze. i.e. will affect any active effect that has the freeze function.

I am going to make a purely speculative statement here.

The new cab will have the F12-200X Celestion driver. It is the only full range 'guitar' speaker that Celestion has in their lineup, so it makes sense to me.

If I am correct, it is likely possible that a DIY 2 x 12 or even a 4 x 12 cab with that driver will get the Kone effect to work exactly as expected in the 1 x 12 Kemper cab. ;)

I wondered about that too. I was about to pull trigger on one of these to put in a Hoffnine 1x12 cab I have.... Think I might wait a little while now.

By past experience, we will wait a long time for the new updates and rig manager/editor. So it won't be a waste of your time using ToastMe for now (if you have a suitable MIDI interface). Note that Damian is still working on an update that will work with the new beta 5.7. The current ToastMe production release 1.40 works great with 5.5.2. and the previous 5.6 (spring reverb) beta.

More info on new version from Damian:

It will create a folder ToastME_Presets under os Documents folder
    It has structure like backup file
    It is for storing and loading presets from disk to overcome Stomps preset section issue.
    Under the settings tab it is a button called Unpack Presets from Backup it will unpack backup file to this folder.
    For now you can only store Stomp , stomps section , effect section and reverb
    When loading presets from file it will open dedicated folder from ToastME_Presets.
    When you want save individual stomp preset it will add (suggest) type name at the beginning with CAPS letters.

N.B. To obtain a backup file to 'unpack', perform a backup on the Kemper to USB stick then transfer the file (*.kpabackup) to your PC.

I have successfully disabled updates on my main Win 10 PC. It doesn't even nag me any more. Now if I could only remember how I did it.... One thing I know you CAN'T do is redirect a bunch of the M$ maintenance sites...they are actually hardwired into local DNS!

See https://www.petri.com/windows-…-specific-name-resolution

So you do indeed need to resort to blocking at firewall or router.

Absolutely disgraceful. Saving us from ourselves, and all that.

What would you need the delay times to be?

There are basically three signature Holdsworth sounds - lead, chorus for chords, and swell. So taking the first lead patch from the Yamaha UD stomp (for which patch info is available) as a simple example, we have delay times of 29.7 (!), 40, 96, 110, 300, 400, 355, 461, all msec. See image below.

It looks like to Quad Delays or Quad Harmonic Delays in parallel should get pretty close.

Sorry, not being contentious but it just can't be done with the current delays. The quad is not truly quad in any case. The delay times are not independent of each other.

The Yamaha 8 band is a completely different animal. To emulate it would require a host of slots with delays and modulation. I look forward to trying.

I would be happy with a Yamaha Magicstomp delay preset instead!