Posts by amclw1

Not really "as a part of the recording process"
    More, "as a part of setting up the amp" :thumbup:

I'm done with this thread I'm afraid. I asked for a summary and no takers. I am not convinced there is a problem that warrants attention. I play many profiles on my Kemper (as do many others, both live and in studio). They all sound fine. I'm happy recording them. No need for any adjustments. So as Frank said "Shut up and play your guitar".

I think it would be an idea to summarise the 'apparent' issue here, if indeed there is one, and why it is worth pursuing.

A I now understand it, a number of mid-gain amps all exhibit some less than musical audio qualities when driven, which the Kemper profiles accurately. This effect is noticeable in a large number of profiles of said amps, since the profiled amp is identical to the original. The 'noise' cannot be removed once recorded, but presumably can be dealt with as part of the recording process, since this noise does not appear on most commercial recordings. The 'noise' does not seem to bother many players and Kemper profilers, or the issue would be much more widely known.

Have I got it right? If not can someone provide the summary asked for above, and suggestions for the amelioration of the problem (e.g. changes/additions to profiling procedures)?

How exactly does picking style affect sustained noise? :rolleyes:
    I'm not sure you have understood the issue...

Also, this has nothing to do with noise gate.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already (still reading through), but over-enthusiastic palm muting can cause boomy bass sounds in the background. Lighter touch required.

EDIT: OK I've caught up and it appears to be a general amp characteristic that the Kemper is reproducing accurately. So why does it not appear in more commercial recordings? What is the recording engineer doing to dial it out?

I got this too - sounded like an earth fault or short. Only happened twice in quick succession but not since. I have imported factory rigs and presets since it happened. Fingers crossed.

The Strat was MIJ, if I remember correctly. There are a number of players who swear the best Strat's ever made were the 80's Japanese models. I can't personally testify to either claim, but I've no doubt they are really well made and vastly underrated.

I have one of these 86/87 E serial Contemporary Model 27-4302- best player I have ever tried.

[Blocked Image: http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/amclw1/20131022_144444_zpszt7ysdv4.jpg]

Hi,
    Just updated to 5.03 (no problems updating) and got round to playing with looper - is there an issue with 1/2 speed button?

This is the first time I have tried the looper, so I don't know what normal behaviour is.

When I select 1/2 speed the light only comes on if I hold the button. If I release then there is no indication if half speed in operation or not.

Also I have to hold it to record half speed, if I release it reverts to normal speed (during recording!). I would have expected it to latch with a light.

Is this normal behaviour?

This could be tricky when standing....

Should I report it?

Edit: forgot to say I'm using the kemper remote.

Thanks

Hi - just had a dust cover made. Basic rectangular shape with offset handle on top, felt padding. Fits very well.

Cover 1
    Cover 2

If doing it again I would perhaps define the shape better and put a flap in at the back and couple of slits at front so cables can be left attached.

Supplied by ROQSolid

http://www.amplifiercoversonline.com
    http://www.pianocoversonline.com
    http://www.roqsolid.co.uk

Saw a few old threads on this and thought I'd give it a go. Very happy with it. Cost £31 (delivered).

Yes I have the remote. I'll read up on how the FX loop works.

I have an Eventide SPACE which I will put in the FX loop, along with a Fulltone DejaVibe.

It is the front end pedals I am unsure about - drives and compressors. I have an Origin Effects SlideRig which is great in my pedalboard setup, I will try it pre - kemper and see what it sounds like.

Apologies if answered before I can't find anything in forums.

I have recently bought a Kemper and would like some advice on the transition from pedalboard -> tube amp to a profiler set up.

I have a pile of pedals and love the effect of some but I have read somewhere else on the forum that some pedals are basically defunct with the kemper, since you are not modifying the front-end of a tube amp any more, and some do not work properly (Tubescreamer) - have I picked this up wrong?

In particular, do compressors work in front of the Kemper?

Thanks for any advice. Time to start pulling my rig apart and start experimenting.