Posts by japikas

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Let me know what you think.

Great thread! I’m still a bit confused, though. There is a latency (4,9ms with constant latency) caused by Kemper to even hear the sound of the guitar. Doesn’t it make sense not to compensate that? Isn’t brain going to compensate for the sound you hear not when you plug the note?

I’m using Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP and based on my calculations, when using spdif for recording I have to add -139 samples to compensate the spdif slowness compared when I hear the analog signal i use for monitoring.

Hi!

There's a lot of helpful posts about Kemper and reamping using Focusrite Saffire 24 and Logic Pro X on Mac, but none that really adresses the issue I'm having: the recording latency caused by the roundtrip to Kemper when reamping.

When recording the git / mod mono tracks through SPDIF I'm getting good results without any issues with latency using 64 samples and "low latency recording", but when reamping using spidf the track is some milliseconds behind the original recording. I could just enter -217 value to the recording delay samples field in preferences worth 4,9 ms (constant latency in Kemper) and be done with it, but has anyone come across a more scientific approach to measuring and fixing this?

--
    Pekka