Posts by MuddySludge

If you cats weren't such cool rascals to share ideas with and old dog with a field recorder would be reluctant to play his stuff.
    I'm tracking drums in my living room with 1 stereo mic and 1 kick mic. Into a Mackie panned L/R kick in the middle Into a DBX 266XL.
    I adjust the size of the room with the compressors threshold and release. It goes into 2 tracks stereo into a Korg 3200. That's IT.
    My drummer Taylor listens well but I realized my jamming for ideas might lend a better performance if I could play percussion and let him just go for it.
    Then just react with guitar and bass and adapt the idea to what He just played.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This one I live tracked wih a Strat in stereo with the drums. When he heard that Strat he started slinging snot like a Rodeo Bull.
    Then I doubled it and did a stereo slide track on a Les Paul.
    Bass went last. All effects are Kemper in stereo. 1 Instrument pass per track no punch ins or overdubs.
    I'm Morphing like a SOB. My drummer says I'm trying to kill him with a Kemper.
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I could never change colors and textures like this before. 8)

I set up my percussion and live tracked with my drummer. We just jammed. I then reacted with guitar and bass to the track. 8)

I just chased some pussy and grabbed some beer now i dont have writers block...am i a bad person ? :D
    I just want to thank all the posters, i thought brain herbs were the key but you guys fill in the Holistic gap ;)
    ps that is a true story :P:D

Ash

Just scrap my concept, I gotta go with Ash on this one for sure! 8)

I avoid my comfort zone to the point I'm not good at any style! Jaming with a good drummer is the best for me.
    That push and pull you get is where inspiration comes from I believe. There's a song in every guitar so I need a few.
    Now Drumbo gets a bit confused trying to figure out where I'm going but his instincts always kicks in.
    Change up everything you normally work with and let the sound tell you what it wants to do.
    These 2 ideas came out of the air after 2 passes then I hit record. Kemper makes it possible to try diverse textures. 8)

Wake up the neighbors and chain up the dogs. Live tracking with Drumbo in the living room. Shake your tail feathers time. 2 Les Paul's all Kemper