Posts by WolfsLair

Using the very popular 'Top Jimi' profiles as an example -with my FRFR/Pa set up they sound excellent. When I load their 'Direct' ones for my real power amp real cab rig they sound totally different. Thin and un useable. M-Britts do not. I only bring this up because I love the Top Jimi profiles in the FRFR context. Some of the best Marshall profiles available but boy do i wish they translated well with my real cab. I e-mailed him and he sent a one sentence reply that didn't really help

I will say I love that Jimi's packs are $15 and have what you want, not 60 profiles with a bunch of variations you will never use for $40. That is all!

My buddy shared a performance/profile and it drops into the bottom section of the Rig manager then when i copy and paste or hit the bottom right red button that says

'Save to performance # 10' or where ever is designated. The Performance saves there but when I go into that area to sample it there is a very bomey, oscillating feedback type of tone happening. The profile sounds fine where I put it originally but I need it in the Performance area to use live..

We thought it could be needing to update to .145 (the version he set his profile up in) but I did that last night and it did the same thing. Ideas?

Also my Rig manager needs to be re-launched any time it sits idle for 15" -is that normal?

why is version 145 Not on the Support site? My computer is not prompting the update when I open the Editor and I am having tons of issues with a buddie profile he shared that was tweaked in 145.

Is there a link to get the new FW somewhere I am not seeing?

One thing I noticed with a real tube power amp driving a real 4x12 cab is if I use all the power from the tube power amp it clean ups the gain with too much top end. The Kemper is the pre amp and needs to be loud then the power amp adds the thump and moves the air in the 4x12's - a glorious experience frfr's cannot provide for a band level volume!

GCNC8068 yes 2 monitor output cables to the inputs on the LX II

I will say the PS2 and the LX sound different. With the LX you have a greater tonal variance with the Kemper and the power amp. for instance you need to push the volume on the Kemper to get more pre amp gain tone and then keep the LX closer to 2 o'clock. Above 2 and the tone cleans ups indicative of the power amp tube volume that is clearer. what I did not like was the top end presence that comes with that power tube amp volume, easily fixed by keeping it closer to 2 o'clock and pushing the pre amp tone at the stage!

with the said volume at 2 o'clock and the stage at noon the cab is pushing some serious air and thump no 'baked in' power amp is ever going to come close to. It sounds KILLER!!!!

GCNC8068 it is loud and very good tone, but like a real amp 100w Always sounds better. It pushes more air and I always use 4x12's so that's part of it. In larger rooms the PS2 is good but I believe it could be better.

Just looking for corroboration!

To me the M Britt ones are the most amp like, almost all others are very compressed an dark. The 80's tone as you know is open with plenty of MIDs!!! That' s how your heard in the mix as you likely know!

The other key thing with the Kemper is using a real cab and tube power source is night and day difference in getting it to sound authentic. I used the baked in cabs through my pa the other night and it was ok, then I went back to my real Friedman 4x12 cab and WOW that's real amp tone!

Nice! Yeah the closest I've come to my REAL SLO 100 is the M Britt SlO 100. I bought the Big hairy ones and with a real cab and tube amp it's very compressed and dark -nothing like my real Slo 100

Here it is -actually both the M Britt profile and my real Slo

To stay on topic, the real SLO 100 section is with a real Wampler Tumnus Klon

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Took the new FW and OD's for a spin this am.

The Klon 1 stood out as a more clear boost than the Green screamer, however with that clarity of notes it seemed noticeable thinner. I also tried a few of the 'Timmy's' just ok. The 'TS max' must be a Maxon 808?? I need to read the release notes, but it was good. Honestly I kept coming back to the Green screamer due to the thick chewy nature for lack of better words.

This was literally 20 mins sampling thru them and I'm sure I may be missing some parameters that may make them more useable but that's my first impression.

Anyone have any tricks to keeping the similar 'girth' the Green screamer has with the new Klon? *Context here is a hard rock to classic metal tone, open non compressed with a real tube power section and real cab. In my real amp world I use a Wampler Tumnus and I love it!

Thanks!

Don

bobbyodell ok back on topic here,... tried the Top Jimi 'Merged' profiles with my Friedman 4x12 cab and Fyette tube power source and it was very useable. I will say the pa version coupled with my Xitone powered monitor was a bit better in the ability to handle lows. My take is the entire focus of capturing the profile was pa and FRFR focused thus the better ability to handle the low end?

Cool thing is I can use those performances for certain live settings and my louder ones through the cab for others!